• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

I seriously have no idea what Lampard is trying to accomplish by doing it. Why didn't we go out and buy an out-and-out winger instead!?

I don't mind the idea of Werner or even Mount being emergency 4th choice winger (if we have 4 out and out wingers they'll always be one starved of game time badly).

But need to use him better tactically. Could argue if Pulisic injury record doesn't improve Werner LF and someone like Haaland coming in could be the way forward.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't mind the idea of Werner or even Mount being emergency 4th choice winger (if we have 4 out and out wingers they'll always be one starved of game time badly).

But need to use him better tactically. Could argue if Pulisic injury record doesn't improve Werner LF and someone like Haaland coming in could be the way forward.

At times, it feels like Lampard doesn't know how to fit all these attacking options into a cohesive system and just making things up as it goes along. We have spent so much over the summer and we have barely even seen the best of Werner and Havertz for example. Does Lampard even know how to get the best out of them? Or did he just buy them because the opportunities presented themselves due to the pandemic?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does Lampard even know how to get the best out of them? Or did he just buy them because the opportunities presented themselves due to the pandemic?

Well, the latter is nothing wrong, every reasonable manager, or even every manager, full stop, has to deal with buys that are not always his initiative. Here it's different, because FL and everyone else wanted them.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh we did have a lot of promising performances last season despite a reverse.

I got a lot of stick for raving about our display at The Ethiad despite defeat but to outfootball a Pep side going toe to toe was outstanding.

We really did go toe to toe and it felt really good. 

Our win against them after the break was nice but we approached the game differently and I mostly liked the result.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

Not funny dude. That's not even funny.

Say what you like about Marcos but he does have an upside of some substance even if we only see it once every six games, what does Emerson offer?

This would be the type of game Alonso scores in.