• Pulisic
    • Havertz
    • Werner
    • Kovacic (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

New to the forum here.
If this match is any indication, it looks like we finally have a preferred back 4 to rely on in big games.
Somewhat disappointing going forward but i think with a run of games, there's just too much talent in the lineup not to product more offensively.
My 2 cents 
Welcome

3 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

I feel like in games like this kai becomes a bit like a second striker and there's so much pressure on him to be the link between the midfield and attack that we csn struggle at times.

Not on kai but I think we need to drop into a 4-3-3 even if it isn't kais best position in moments like that.

Unpopular opinion but I'd have probably taken kai off and gone

Kante kova
Mount
Ziyech Werner pulisic

For the last 30 mins

I can see that

certainly would not lose my shit

Mount ONLY functions well centrally

he is crap as a winger

still fuming over Puli on the right for most of the game

here is a wild card

the perfect CMF for this game would have been Aouar

Just now, Blues11 said:

My match ratings. I'm bored lol

Mendy 7/10

James 7/10 Zouma 6/10 Silva 7.5/10 Chilwell 8/10(MOTM)

Jorginho 4.5/10 Kante 5.5/10

Pulisic 4.5/10 Havertz 4/10 Mount 3.5/10

Werner 4/10

SUBS 

Kovacic 7/10

Ziyech 5/10

LOLOL at Zouma 6 out of ten!

he was our worst player BY FAR

he was shit

Just now, Vesper said:

LOLOL at Zouma 6 out of ten!

he was our worst player BY FAR

he was shit

Haha maybe I'm giving him too much credit for being in the group that got us a clean sheet. Some of the passes out of the back and clearances were terrible...

I hope this is the last of Mount as a starter
Let's hope our 21 year old players never start again. [emoji106]

I hope that it is the last of mount starting left wing with everyone fully fit. But that statement is a massive stretch.

But what was the excuse for us creating nothing after he came off. I mean it was 30 mins with everyone's preferred front 4 in the right positions? Was mount shouting at them from the touchline or something?

Why is it every time we don't produce anything offensively it's on mount. I truly don't get it. He gave more to us this game than kai for example but no one will ever say that. I don't know why there needs to be a scapegoat every game.

We were defensively solid and it didn't click today going forwards.

9 minutes ago, CFCinCanada said:

New to the forum here.

If this match is any indication, it looks like we finally have a preferred back 4 to rely on in big games.

Somewhat disappointing going forward but i think with a run of games, there's just too much talent in the lineup not to product more offensively.

My 2 cents 

if Zouma is in it, that's is a fucked back 4

he almost fucked us 3 or 4 times again, like he did last game

I would rather see Reece at CB than him

he is the worst passing, ball playing CB who starts for us in ages

he has 2017–18 Burnley level written all over him (the year they finished 7th)

he is only good for a hit n hope low block goon side

I agree zouma isn't the greatest...
But... I don't think rudiger or christensen is better.
In the air im happy with zouma. Ball at his feet he makes me nervous for sure.

Now that leaves tomori and I'd be absolutely fine with us going with a silva tomori 2 but I don't think it's likely to happen as for whatever reason tomori isn't that high in the current pecking order.

19 minutes ago, Milan said:

I am not sure the incoming Man United match will improve somewhat these stats...

I dread the Manure game

I hate them so much, especially the way they get gifted a truly staggeringly historical amount of pens, most NOT deserved and many coming from that rotten cheat diver Bruno, who is fast becoming my most hated player in the EPL, after Hendo on the dippers (and can pass that berk up soon)

he has that rat faced, rat fucking overbite, like chomper Suarez (and both are racist as fuck too), that makes you want to strap on the old bovver boots for a quick jaw breaker

all that said

I am surprisingly not crazy vexed about tonight, as we got a clean sheet

I feel like in games like this kai becomes a bit like a second striker and there's so much pressure on him to be the link between the midfield and attack that we csn struggle at times.

Not on kai but I think we need to drop into a 4-3-3 even if it isn't kais best position in moments like that.

Unpopular opinion but I'd have probably taken kai off and gone

Kante kova
Mount
Ziyech Werner pulisic

For the last 30 mins
I think that's our best hope this season, playing kai as a third cm.

He can play there and it helps us all over the place. Defensively, build up. Having him on the right means he can interchange with ziyech too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

We have picked up clean sheets in 2 of our last 3 games with Chilwell/Zouma/Silva at the back

Looking very much like we are either going to be able to keep clean sheets and be not so effective in attack or effective in attack but not keep clean sheets. Cannot really get a read on this team, every game it seems to be different. We don't consistently do one thing well enough that you see every week and could identify as a trait or common pattern bar maybe the fact we utilize the fullbacks in the final third a lot. 

Good points: Reece James and Ben Chilwell tonight really solid defensively, more so Chilwell after Southampton where he wasn't good defensively if I am quite honest. Thiago Silva did the job well, still a bit more to come from him and well Zouma the guys who were saying he wasn't too bad on the ball, well I disagree, he is going to be a reason why we don't build so well among other things which is more due to other players positioning and the fact we aren't so stubborn on playing this way every time like with Maurizio. 

Suppose Rennes drawing as well, it means 1 point isnt too bad for a start.