Edouard Mendy

Jase

Yeah, I feel bad about Edou. He was pivotal in that UCL run. And he‘s been also very likeable  guy, I wish his good run lasted longer.

He was never the same after AFCON and it feels like it all culminated with that shocker at Leeds.

I will always love and respect him for 2021, though.

Genuinely not concerned by him going, he had a very good first season yes and made some huge saves in that time in the CL games also but its not like he is going to a top club. That speaks volumes for me - if he was that good then he wouldn’t be going to play in Saudi, but he is, so yeah.

Different to Kante though - should have kept him as he could still offer something here. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

Came here when we needed a reliable stopper, delivered,  won CL, then pretty much stopped working afterwards. Proves goalies can have purple patches too. No qualms , always did his best, likeable guy esp with his fairytale story. Now go collect your big pay check. 

13 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Genuinely not concerned by him going, he had a very good first season yes and made some huge saves in that time in the CL games also but its not like he is going to a top club. That speaks volumes for me - if he was that good then he wouldn’t be going to play in Saudi, but he is, so yeah.

Different to Kante though - should have kept him as he could still offer something here. 

Fair point but we could of kept Kante as well for the experience in midfield (I know his recent injury history wasn't great but he's still class on his day).  It's weird to think that RLC might be the oldest midfielder in the first team squad next season (if he doesn't get sold). 

His slump happened pretty much the same time Kepa suffered as well, got injured and pretty much forgotten. Can't shake the feeling this guy literally got gassed here by typical mismanagement, incompetence and whatever else was happening behind the courtains

On 20/06/2023 at 13:02, Vegetable said:

His slump happened pretty much the same time Kepa suffered as well, got injured and pretty much forgotten. Can't shake the feeling this guy literally got gassed here by typical mismanagement, incompetence and whatever else was happening behind the courtains

one of the more bizarre Chels spells

seems a really nice person

I have zero ill will towards the bloke, I wish him all the best!!

6 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I cannot be fucking arsed saying long goodbyes to these fuckers- if they had put in half the effort I did to going to games we wouldn't have had a season like we did.

Fuck off

tell us how you REALLY feel m8

🤣

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I cannot be fucking arsed saying long goodbyes to these fuckers- if they had put in half the effort I did to going to games we wouldn't have had a season like we did.

Fuck off

Is this really something we can throw on Mendy's head? 

His performances were weaker than the ones in his first season, partly due to injury issues. I didn't read about any attitude issues and didn't notice on games either. 

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Is this really something we can throw on Mendy's head? 

His performances were weaker than the ones in his first season, partly due to injury issues. I didn't read about any attitude issues and didn't notice on games either. 

I wouldn't throw anything at Mendy's head, he'd miss it.

34 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He won three of the most prestigious titles in football, Champions League, Afcon and Super Cup. He’s now gone to make a fortune for himself and family. Wishing him the best. Goodbye Mendy. Always a blue. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Oof, not a great way to start

The guy who scored the goal is Vina, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vina_(footballer) absolutely shit footballer. Was a sub option at Gremio Brazil, mostly acting as a sub for 36yo Luis Suarez, but the issue was that 36yo Surez was far more competitive and intense than the much younger Vina. Type of player who can only play in easier/less competitive leagues... I mean he couldn't even make it in Brazil.

This league is years away from becoming competitive. I know they've got some known names, but most are a bit over the hill and no longer thinking about their international careers.