• Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Alabama said:

Who are those blaming Havertz...get real guys...the kid played false 9 against top defenders coming into a new team  but just few weeks of training...

The kid will come good and become a word class player for us....I have no doubt about that...

I have no issues with Havertz atm

1 minute ago, DanP2311 said:

Didn’t read the full thread so apologies if this has already been said.  Things that frustrated me wat hung this:

1. Why Christensen over Rudiger or Tomori? At least his tackle saved a touchdown.

2. Werner will become acclimated. But with Liverpool‘s very high line, he was ready to receive balls over the top that never came and should have. Is that Frank’s preference of building out of the back, or just a lack of vision? Unfortunately, he seem to get discouraged and start making the runs consistently.

3. It seems as though all the people here who have argued that more of the spending should’ve been on the back line have a point.

4. Does Frank rate Tammy over Giroud? If so, I do t really get it. Giroud seems better equipped to blend into the rapid fire attack we can expect to see when all the new players are healthy, along with Pulisic. I suspect that that group will be playing the game at an entirely different speed than what we saw today. 

5. Can we make some money selling the players who seem to be way down the depth chart, and spend it on a solid centerback?

6. I don’t see Jorginho or Mount being able to keep up with the kind of buildup/attack that a front 4 of Ziyech, Pulisic, Werner, and Havertz will be running.

7. James looks good. 

8. Havertz needs to play on the bottom of a wide diamond up top. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do from that position.

great reply

We got problems in that we really have to make 2 of Kante Kovacic and Jorginho work I think?

I assumed it would be 1 of the 3 starting this season and the problem would be who plays in front as 2 8s but not so sure that's what Frank has in mind now with what we've seen so far. 

Frank keeps talking about balance but we seem overstacked and no clear plan of how things are going to be done.  Is it really a good thing that shape can be so different each week? maybe later on in the season but at this stage I think not.

Wrong lineup. The loss is Lampard’s fault. Should’ve started Giroud for his holdup and linkup play, gives us a get out option. CHO getting no minutes is shocking. Players out of position. Lampard’s fault and get Kepa out of my club. Disgraceful.

We had one shot, mate. Off target.
Why focus on Liverpool ? We didn't create anything. Pretending to be a Burnley and relying of being absolutely perfect defensively for 90 minutes to get something out of the game. It's unacceptable.
Mate, we won titles with that mentality in the past with Mourinho and Conte. Nothing wrong with that.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

There is no excuse to not set up for a win today , I know it's Liverpool but they have not been in the best of form and we should have taken a lot from the Arsenal and Leeds games against them and taken confidence.

We were at home, no fans and nothing to lose it's early in the season, we just spent 200m on attacking talents we should not be playing for a draw 2 games in.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Mate, we won titles with that mentality in the past with Mourinho and Conte. Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah but those were quality managers that clearly knew their craft and how to maximize the effect, im still with FL, he deserves to have his squad at the ready and then we can judge the final outcome, lets hope injuries dont stop this cuz im really sick of them now.

Wrong lineup. The loss is Lampard’s fault. Should’ve started Giroud for his holdup and linkup play, gives us a get out option. CHO getting no minutes is shocking. Players out of position. Lampard’s fault and get Kepa out of my club. Disgraceful.

Even with Giroud up front, AC would have gotten a red card.

Players out of position? Kante and Mount?
Havertz has proven in Bundeslig that he can easily play as a RW or false 9. Do not get the hate here.
The only thing I hate about Lampard is his love for Mount.

so,,it's clear he choose for not to lose (at home???) either try to win. hope it's not his main tactics when we face a strong team... 

What’s wrong to keep a draw with 10 men against the scums? 38 matches a season, this is the 2nd game it’s not do or die.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Signings, new players, injured players coming back will help but it won't hide or solve the problems instantly.

As I said earlier, what is Lampard's style of play? What does he actually want us to do? You would think that after one year in charge, we would see a defined style of play, the patterns, the combination and all that and all he needed was better players to fit into that embedded style to make us better. But do you know our style? One game we are trying to dominate the opposition, the next we are playing on the counter attack. One game, we are playing 4-2-3-1, the next we are playing 4-3-3 and hell after that, we would probably play 3-4-3. There's been so many chopping and changing! 

Yup this screams of a manager that has yet to find any formula to sustain consistency, its too much up and down.