• Kante
    • Werner
    • Havertz
    • Mount
    • Tomori (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)

2 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I compare watching his two games for us lie Watching Cuadrado.

You hear all these good things, and see the stats, but the eye test just shows a kid in over his head.

Unlike werner who play behind opp line, Havertz will need to deal with epl physicality, it will take time for him to adjust similar to puli. 

3 minutes ago, communicate said:

Vesper, if we have no kante in this team, may as well abandon this season. It will look very2 ugly. 

I do not believe that for a second

he is shadow of what he was just 2 years ago

he is a black hole offensively and he is rammed in at RMF and doesn't disrupt like he used to

Jorginho is even worse

Sarri's brief spell here was a disaster longer term

Starting Kepa wasn't a mistake? After everything that happened? What about his overly defensive tactics? 
Negative mindset, and coward tactics was used by Lampard. He intention wasn't to win but to not lose.
It is not like Willy does not make mistakes. Both are bad

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

We did not play VERY good in the first half: instead we were completely dominated by Liverpool. What did we expect?

To me, Kepa is also partially responsible for the first goal: he should have communicated better with Christensen. He is a game-changer but in the wrong way. Second goal is entirely his fault. Kepa is a real liability.

Jorginho is also a liability - we can't play against top team with this kind of player. Harvetz was poor again (but he needs time to adapt) - Willian would have done much better in the same position.

James, Zouma, Kanté, Werner were pretty good actually. 

6 minutes ago, Azul said:

Starting Kepa wasn't a mistake? After everything that happened? What about his overly defensive tactics? 

Negative mindset, and coward tactics was used by Lampard. He intention wasn't to win but to not lose.

You wanted us to be more offensive against Liverpool?

They would have gutted us like they did in Anfield. We simply did not have the players on pitch to take the game to them.

I think the team did fairly well limiting them to the chances they got. Might have even pulled off a 1-1 draw if it weren't for the Kepa and Jorginho blunders.

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Can I ask how to play more "offensive" tactic? 

I don't want us to play very offensive but balanced. We literally parked the bus and didn't press them when they were in their own half. We constantly let them in our half, which cost us the game offensively. 

What we could have done is play one more winger or striker instead of Jorgi and let our midfield have a double pivot of Kova and Kante. When Werner was making runs he was the only one upfront and no one was there to help him out, because Lampard told them to constantly defend. 

We needed to press more and play one more attacking minded player instead of Jorginho to sum it up.

The negativity here is cringeworthy....

Media might praise pool to high heavens but they are there for the taking but thanks to individual error from Chris and Kepa though we are missing lots of players through injury...Pulisic and Ziyech on flanks today will see Werner have a couple of goals today...criminal the hectares of space gifted to Alonso yet couldn't do shit...that's why Benjamin would have a field day in that position...

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

You wanted us to be more offensive against Liverpool?

They would have gutted us like they did in Anfield. We simply did not have the players on pitch to take the game to them.

I think the team did fairly well limiting them to the chances they got. Might have even pulled off a 1-1 draw if it weren't for the Kepa and Jorginho blunders.

Agree.

The expectations people here have when we play 10 vs 11 for 45 minutes.. If we were more clinical in some situations we could be 1 or even 2 up before Christensens brainfart. 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The German experts on Sky liked our performance overall. Funny reading these comments.

Played well for 44 minutes til AC got a red card. Pool did not create anything

That is true, pool created jack shit, we gifted them 2 goals on the platter

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

The German experts on Sky liked our performance overall. Funny reading these comments.

Played well for 44 minutes til AC got a red card. Pool did not create anything

We had one shot, mate. Off target.

Why focus on Liverpool ? We didn't create anything. Pretending to be a Burnley and relying of being absolutely perfect defensively for 90 minutes to get something out of the game. It's unacceptable.

we so need a DMF, a real one

I do not think Rice is up to it, and he is looked as as a  CB anyway by Lampard

Partey is still sitting out there

work a swap

Kante for Partey and Felipe (who would be awesome for a couple years to partner with Thiago and Zouma until we get a long term fix, he is big 1.91m, still has pace and is ultra experienced)

that would cock block all the other teams going for Giminez too

Simeone would rejuvenate Kante's career

Loan them Sarr if need be to get it over the line

Simeone will be superb for his development

Who are those blaming Havertz...get real guys...the kid played false 9 against top defenders coming into a new team  but just few weeks of training...

The kid will come good and become a word class player for us....I have no doubt about that...

There are still 5 players that will literally walk into the starting eleven in the coming weeks but Lampard seriously needs to work on making that team really really strong. The thing is, I am still not sure he is capable of doing so, after watching him for more than 1 year on the bench. Fingers crossed he is.

3 minutes ago, Azul said:

I don't want us to play very offensive but balanced. We literally parked the bus and didn't press them when they were in their own half. We constantly let them in our half, which cost us the game offensively. 

What we could have done is play one more winger or striker instead of Jorgi and let our midfield have a double pivot of Kova and Kante. When Werner was making runs he was the only one upfront and no one was there to help him out, because Lampard told them to constantly defend. 

We needed to press more and play one more attacking minded player instead of Jorginho to sum it up.

Let's start with this, if you want to press pool, you better be a good pressing team otherwise it will be long ball after long ball to mane and salah and you will look like an idiot. 

If you play 4231 with probably Havertz as no 10, and cho as lw. Havertz need to press hard, not sure he is good at it. You can certainly play mount there but we don't have anyone tracking Robertson. 

Didn’t read the full thread so apologies if this has already been said.  Things that frustrated me wat hung this:

1. Why Christensen over Rudiger or Tomori? At least his tackle saved a touchdown.

2. Werner will become acclimated. But with Liverpool‘s very high line, he was ready to receive balls over the top that never came and should have. Is that Frank’s preference of building out of the back, or just a lack of vision? Unfortunately, he seem to get discouraged and start making the runs consistently.

3. It seems as though all the people here who have argued that more of the spending should’ve been on the back line have a point.

4. Does Frank rate Tammy over Giroud? If so, I do t really get it. Giroud seems better equipped to blend into the rapid fire attack we can expect to see when all the new players are healthy, along with Pulisic. I suspect that that group will be playing the game at an entirely different speed than what we saw today. 

5. Can we make some money selling the players who seem to be way down the depth chart, and spend it on a solid centerback?

6. I don’t see Jorginho or Mount being able to keep up with the kind of buildup/attack that a front 4 of Ziyech, Pulisic, Werner, and Havertz will be running.

7. James looks good. 

8. Havertz needs to play on the bottom of a wide diamond up top. I am looking forward to seeing what he can do from that position.