21. Ben Chilwell

Strike

16 minutes ago, Hermione said:

No idea why Cucurella was bought when we already had Chilwell fit again.

Two strong players in every position. Chilwell hit form so now he should play and Cucu should sit and watch for a while. This is the competition we need to arrive eventually at a strong XI that wins games.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

wtf

that may mean his entire season is over

Probably. Takes at least 3 months to recover from surgery. They will need to open up his thigh by the length of it and reattach the muscle and/or tendons. Worst cases I have heard of needed  years but those were old ppl. With a bit of luck Chilly misses not only the WC but also the euros in 2024. goddamn our luck 

5 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Complete hamstring tear. 

Raises questions as to how this could've been avoided.

There must be some complete fuckwits at the club to allow these level of hamstring injuries to occur on a regular basis.

We seem to be really good at signing injury prone players these days. People blaming Potter for this but come on, the lad has hardly played and it is not Potter's fault if a man tears his hamstring. Maybe even in preseason we shouldn't play our "real" players to help them stay fit too!

2 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I was already calling France "questionable" as a contender, and will have to add England as questionable as well. The losses in the fullback positions alone will be hard to overcome.

France think will be alright given their mental depth 

35 minutes ago, Mário César said:

expected to be out for 3 months

Not as bad as feared. Obviously deverstating for him so I hope he is able to recover quickly and not dwell on the disappointment of missing out of the WC. 

12 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Not as bad as feared. Obviously deverstating for him so I hope he is able to recover quickly and not dwell on the disappointment of missing out of the WC. 

he will "only" miss one month (january)

not so bad but its bad anyway 

gutted for him 

• 2 months later...