• Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

12 hours ago, King Kante said:

I really think we are going to lose this one. Wolves as a match up are an absolute nightmare for us as they have: 

1) Jota, Traore and Jimenez who are great at springing the counter.

2) A back 3 that are very good at playing the low block

3) Neves and Moutinho standing over set pieces.

On top of this, they have had a week off and they need to win to ensure they do not have to play Ropey League qualifying. At this point I reckon we need a Utd win. 

Before anyone says it, the 5-3 win early in the season came at a time Wolves were completely shagged out from playing Rooey League qualifying all Summer. People need to remember they started the season with 3/4 points out of 18. If they hadn't been in the Ropey League I am certain they would've qualified for the CL this year. 

It was a 5-2 win, not 5-3. Yes they had the Europa to deal with, however this game came after the international break so not as if they had just played us on the back of Europa game. We were the better team on the day, fair and square. Wolves losing this game was a turning point for them though. This is where they picked up their act and got a great win at the Etihad 2/3 weeks later. 

On 7/23/2020 at 1:25 AM, Puliiszola said:

Giroud is not going to decide if we win or lose this one. These players will:

Kepa: the worst GK in our history. Worse than ross freaking turnbull

Jorginho: the worst DM in our history, and no one even comes close to his brain dead idiotic decision making.

Alonso: the worst LB in our history. Worse than baba rahman.

I dont really care who starts in the back 4 or GK to be honest.

We are nigh guaranteed to concede at least 1 goal regardless of the lineup, no matter who from the squad starts in defense.

I'll keep Azpilicueta as captain, but that's pretty much it.

Going with back 5 again or changing guys like Willian or putting Chris again is huge, huge risk...

You cannot drop players based on last performance. 

Back 4: Azpi, Zouma, Rudi and Alonso. This back 4 always kept clean sheet this season.

Kepa confidence is low so I am ok with Willy starting. 

Pulisic-Giroud-Willian upfront without saying...

And probably unpopular opinion but I would go with Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante in MF. Frank barely used them all together this season. And they were all regular for Sarri.

We can rely upfront on Puli and Olie.

45 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Going with back 5 again or changing guys like Willian or putting Chris again is huge, huge risk...

Back 4: Azpi, Zouma, Rudi and Alonso. This back 4 always kept clean sheet this season.

And probably unpopular opinion but I would go with Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante in MF. Frank barely used them all together this season. And they were all regular for Sarri.

Alonso as a LB, probably against Traore? Well, if we do start with this then GG before the ball is even kicked.

34 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Alonso costed us less goals this season than any of 8 defenders we have.

Against liverpool he did not "cost" us a goal. But he sure was having fun given TAA the space and time needed by simply sitting back and doing nothing. It's not a direct mistake, but might as well be. And there have been plenty of such minute details which have cost us massively.

If FL starts alonso, then I would personally lose any hope.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

If both Kante and Kovacic are in the mildfield I will be more optimistic.

11 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Against liverpool he did not "cost" us a goal. But he sure was having fun given TAA the space and time needed by simply sitting back and doing nothing. It's not a direct mistake, but might as well be. And there have been plenty of such minute details which have cost us massively.

If FL starts alonso, then I would personally lose any hope.

On their 5th goal he worked hard to get back on that counter, and then just went brain dead about marking his man and Instead just went ball watching. His own reaction to the goal is proof enough that he was responsible. But I am not saying that he shouldn’t necessarily play, just that it’s fair to assign him responsibility for that particular goal.

11 minutes ago, DanP2311 said:

On their 5th goal he worked hard to get back on that counter, and then just went brain dead about marking his man and Instead just went ball watching. His own reaction to the goal is proof enough that he was responsible. But I am not saying that he shouldn’t necessarily play, just that it’s fair to assign him responsibility for that particular goal.

Not to forget the literal gift he game to salah. 

21 minutes ago, Mana said:

If Lamps hasn’t done that all season, what makes you think he will now?

Willian's shocker at Anfield and Hudson Odoi looking sharp off the bench in the last few games

22 minutes ago, Mana said:

If Lamps hasn’t done that all season, what makes you think he will now?

I think their performance when coming on in the last game should warrant him considering it.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Willian had shocker games for most of his Chelsea career yet we still find him in our starting XI.

Yes, but would he? I just can’t see Lamps putting Willian on the bench when Willian has been picked consistently in the starting XI. Especially when it could be his final game at the Bridge.

Maybe not but I think we should play 4231 and maybe we can have Willian as a 10? I think hes still vital to this team in regards to the work off the ball and his ability to retain possession under pressure, which is a big thing for us despite his role in first Liverpool goal, he very rarely gives it away in these positions and is also good for our transitions, where as Mount who also does well off the ball isn't necessarily as quick or good in 1 v 1s or key passes. Plus Masons played 50+ games this season and has featured every game since the restart bar Norwich. I think Willian and Reece have great combinations on the pitch in the final third also, just like Reece and Callum.