Declan Rice

NikkiCFC

35 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Those numbers are insane. I would say if Rice is signed it will be curtains for: Barkley, Jorgi, Kova/Kante and Gallagher (who I could see being sold with a buy back.) That would give: Kante/Kova, Rice, Ampadu, Kai, Mount, RLC and Gilmour, which is still 7 players for essentially 3 roles. Although as Rice and Amapdu can moonlight in CB it would maybe not be too bad. 

The problem however, like Summer, would be finding buyers. Gallagher in this situation would probably not be too much of an issue as in my above suggestion he would essentially be a glorified loan. Barkley would probably be easy to shift due to his passport and okish form for Villa (although I wouldn't expect top dollar.) Kante/Kova and Jorgi would be issues due to their style or play, wages and fees.

You keep RLC over any other player? 

He is last in the packing order by far. 

4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

You keep RLC over any other player? 

He is last in the packing order by far. 

Well I think his insane contract keeps him here. Another factor is that I have been told by someone that knows of him that he is a bit of a homeboy/Mummas boy. That is why he never went on loan until he was 21 and when he has gone he has had to stay in South/West London. 

Further, if we do switch to 433 with Mount and Kai as our starters (which is the formation and selections that make most sense) we need a back up No.8. That means Barkley or RLC. If you've seen my posts on RLC you'll see I have been calling him out for a long time but I think he is almost impossible to shift in the medium term.

My CM squad would look like: 

No.4 - Rice, Amapdu, Gilmour

No.6 Mount, Kante/Kova, Gilmour

No.8 - Kai, RLC

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Those numbers are insane. I would say if Rice is signed it will be curtains for: Barkley, Jorgi, Kova/Kante and Gallagher (who I could see being sold with a buy back.) That would give: Kante/Kova, Rice, Ampadu, Kai, Mount, RLC and Gilmour, which is still 7 players for essentially 3 roles. Although as Rice and Amapdu can moonlight in CB it would maybe not be too bad. 

The problem however, like Summer, would be finding buyers. Gallagher in this situation would probably not be too much of an issue as in my above suggestion he would essentially be a glorified loan. Barkley would probably be easy to shift due to his passport and okish form for Villa (although I wouldn't expect top dollar.) Kante/Kova and Jorgi would be issues due to their style or play, wages and fees.

How does signing of Rice impact Gallagher ... He is more of a box-to-box/Attacking MF who will compete with Havertz, Mount, RLC. If he comes good with the current loan and I feel he will be send for one more season. But having Rice wouldnt affect him at all. 

9 hours ago, King Kante said:

Its true. And this is not even counting the likes of Bakayoko, DD.

But I dont think signing RIce impact Gallagher. He seems to be a B2B with direct competition with Mount. Personally, Jorginho should be the first one out. Has no place in any team in the PL. Serie A is a very different league and he may dominate games there, but not in the PL. Kante vs Kova is a strange one. Kante has shown he is still the man, but only when fit. take into other things like Age, then it becomes obvious who we need to sell. On the other hand, Kova is so.... irritating. You can see a WC player in there, somewhere, but he performs like someone playing within themselves. I mean given how Gallagher has perfomed, what are the arguments that he cant replicate his output and his other qualities.

I would have a midfield options of

Kai/Mount Rice/Gilmour/Ampadu Mount/Gallagher/RLC

Rice, Ampadu have shown they can be good pivot players too.

14 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

How does signing of Rice impact Gallagher ... He is more of a box-to-box/Attacking MF who will compete with Havertz, Mount, RLC. If he comes good with the current loan and I feel he will be send for one more season. But having Rice wouldnt affect him at all. 

I think with Gallagher it is more a case of players ahead of him and the complicated nature of shifting high earners. For me, he isn't getting ahead of Mount and then he has to compete with: Gilmour, RLC and Kova for a place in the squad. Gilmour looks like he has a higher ceiling so he is ahead and then you have Kova and RLC who are on massive wages andnin Kova's case, came in on a highish fee. Not sure either of those two can be shifted whilst they aren't unusable. For that reason, I can see him being sold for say £15-£20m with a £25-£30m buyback option so once we have cleared some of the backlog he can always be brought back easily. 

On 11/4/2020 at 1:00 AM, King Kante said:

I think with Gallagher it is more a case of players ahead of him and the complicated nature of shifting high earners. For me, he isn't getting ahead of Mount and then he has to compete with: Gilmour, RLC and Kova for a place in the squad. Gilmour looks like he has a higher ceiling so he is ahead and then you have Kova and RLC who are on massive wages andnin Kova's case, came in on a highish fee. Not sure either of those two can be shifted whilst they aren't unusable. For that reason, I can see him being sold for say £15-£20m with a £25-£30m buyback option so once we have cleared some of the backlog he can always be brought back easily. 

It would be premature to say that he cannot reach to the level that Mount or Gilmour. He has already been rated highly and he has being performing well on his loans taking the same route like Mount did. If he succeed in his current loan then he would surely be drafted into the team from next season. I feel RLC would be sold than Gallagher specially if the latter has a good loan

10 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

It would be premature to say that he cannot reach to the level that Mount or Gilmour. He has already been rated highly and he has being performing well on his loans taking the same route like Mount did. If he succeed in his current loan then he would surely be drafted into the team from next season. I feel RLC would be sold than Gallagher specially if the latter has a good loan

I am not disgareeing, my points are that: 

A) RLC is almost impossible to shift owing to his wages and the rumour that he is a home boy/gets home sickness if he is away from his family for too long. 

B ) My proposal is essentially sell Gallagher with a fixed buy back. Essentially it is a glorified loan. The only thing it does is that it provides us with more cash than a straight loan. 

I am quite hopeful for Gallagher but due to the sheer number of CM's on the books, I am unsure when he will get a chance to come into the squad in a meaningful way.

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

I am not disgareeing, my points are that: 

A) RLC is almost impossible to shift owing to his wages and the rumour that he is a home boy/gets home sickness if he is away from his family for too long. 

B ) My proposal is essentially sell Gallagher with a fixed buy back. Essentially it is a glorified loan. The only thing it does is that it provides us with more cash than a straight loan. 

I am quite hopeful for Gallagher but due to the sheer number of CM's on the books, I am unsure when he will get a chance to come into the squad in a meaningful way.

Feel the homesickness is just a lame rumor, he is in a business where you will have to go where the buck stops. Anyways, I have a feeling that RLC or Barkley would be part of the Rice deal so I dont think RLC stays with us for very long. 

On the buy back thing, never a fan if a player is highly rated ...yes for the above average players if there is a buy back then makes sense also if a player wants to explore/move out. As i mentioned before, I believe if Gallagher has a good loan then he mostly gets into the team next season and then it is up to the player to make a spot in the 11. 

I think our interest in Declan Rice is because we need a backup for Kante, but we also need a backup for Thiago Silva.

Rice could do the job at DM in a 4-3-3 whenever Kante needs a rest, not only that but he can also play as a ball-playing CB, because of his passing ability. Thiago is 36, I can't see him playing every game, that's why we need another ball-playing CB and that could be the reason why we're looking at Declan Rice.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn KB2003 met Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You