Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Well that's clearly not the case because it's proven very BIAS, and in DENIAL.

Statistical breakdown *League only Tackles Interceptions Pass completion (%) Mikel Arteta 4.6 2.4 93.8 John Obi Mikel 2.3 1.7 90.5 Michael Carrick 1.4 1.4 88.8 Mohamed Diame 3.6 1.1 84.1 Cheick Tiote 2.5 1.3 82.4

In the English Premier League this season, Arteta has averaged 4.6 tackles and 2.4 interceptions per game. To put this into perspective, that's a better total than players in his mould (Mikel and Carrick) and designated destroyers (Tiote and Diame.)

With regard to pass completion, only Rio Ferdinand has a better percentage (94.3), and Arteta leads all midfielders in this category, surpassing the likes of Joe Allen, Leon Britton and Paul Scholes.

hmmm....bro only one of the three stats show Tiote better than Mikel. Leave FIFA 12 or whatever playing alone. Its distorting your judgement :rolleyes:

Statistical breakdown *League only Tackles Interceptions Pass completion (%) Mikel Arteta 4.6 2.4 93.8 John Obi Mikel 2.3 1.7 90.5 Michael Carrick 1.4 1.4 88.8 Mohamed Diame 3.6 1.1 84.1 Cheick Tiote 2.5 1.3 82.4

In the English Premier League this season, Arteta has averaged 4.6 tackles and 2.4 interceptions per game. To put this into perspective, that's a better total than players in his mould (Mikel and Carrick) and designated destroyers (Tiote and Diame.)

With regard to pass completion, only Rio Ferdinand has a better percentage (94.3), and Arteta leads all midfielders in this category, surpassing the likes of Joe Allen, Leon Britton and Paul Scholes.

hmmm....bro only one of the three stats show Tiote better than Mikel. Leave FIFA 12 or whatever playing alone. Its distorting your judgement :rolleyes:

NO NOT THE STATS, SHIT, I CAN SEE BARCA BUYING JOE ALLEN ANYTIME SOON

Kojo is an entertaining prick.

Bit harsh? He has a different opinion to the majority. I don't mind that, if we all thought the same, what's the point of discussion?

Would I swap Mikel for Busquets? Yes.

Do I think Mikel has improved enormously this season? Yes...

Would I still replace him? Yes.

Stats can be presented to favour an argument - we are not comparing Apples to Apples, no two football games are the same, all teams have different players, different patterns of play for attacking & defending. Can stats alone prove everything? No...

So let people express their opinions, if it offends, ignore it - that's what I've been doing and it makes it a much better forum :)

http://www.talksport...-opinion-183771

Some people are just retarded.

Kojo, take note. The author compared Mikel to YaYa Toure, who arguably is the best in the position. IMHO, Barca messed up by letting Yaya, who is much better than Busquets. BTW, notice the author chose YaYa instead of Tiote?

Kojo, take note. The author compared Mikel to YaYa Toure, who arguably is the best in the position. IMHO, Barca messed up by letting Yaya, who is much better than Busquets. BTW, notice the author chose YaYa instead of Tiote?

Hahahahaha Yaya Toure?, i wont even bother reading that.

Let me tell you something Rob, Yaya is a fantastic player, better than Lampard or Gerrard and that ever were. But defensively, he's not that good, has way too many leaks, i would rather have Busquets than him in the DM role definitely, because Yaya Toure always has to provide to being dirty because he lets that many players get past him.

Tomo said an interesting one earlier, how he just let Meireles walk into the box when he scored that equaliser at the 2-1 win at the Bridge. He's a lazy player, bad mentallity. But he's a beast going forward, has incredibly underrated vision. One of the best players in this league without a doubt, but defensively he's overrated.

I'll stand by it i think Tiote is the best in the premier league when it comes to being a DM. And the funny thing is, ever since I've said this most of you on this forum have gone to hating Tiote and wanting him to fail so badly, oh and why because i think he's better than your precious Mikel?. I've put my points down, Romeu is someone we will be lucky to keep, because he has much more potential than Mikel, to be honest he's better than Mikel. We all seen that under AVB last season, but then again it's not like anyone will admit that.

Hahahahaha Yaya Toure?, i wont even bother reading that.

Let me tell you something Rob, Yaya is a fantastic player, better than Lampard or Gerrard and that ever were. But defensively, he's not that good, has way too many leaks, i would rather have Busquets than him in the DM role definitely, because Yaya Toure always has to provide to being dirty because he lets that many players get past him.

You serious?

They're completely different players, you can compare him with Essien (in his prime) but with Lampard and Gerrard... :lol:

Also, if you do rate Yaya higher than Lampard and Gerrard (in their prime, not now obviously) you must be a fucking mong.

You serious?

They're completely different players, you can compare him with Essien (in his prime) but with Lampard and Gerrard... :lol:

Also, if you do rate Yaya higher than Lampard and Gerrard (in their prime, not now obviously) you must be a fucking mong.

I think Yaya is a monster, he can do so much things, and i honestly believe he now was better than Lampard and Gerrard in there prime. You can compare, they are central midfielders, how can you not compare?.

You pretty much can't compare Lampard and Gerrard, but guess what, everyone does it.

But I'm a fucking mong for having an opinion i guess.

I think Yaya is a monster, he can do so much things, and i honestly believe he now was better than Lampard and Gerrard in there prime. You can compare, they are central midfielders, how can you not compare?.

You pretty much can't compare Lampard and Gerrard, but guess what, everyone does it.

But I'm a fucking mong for having an opinion i guess.

Tough one, I do see where you are coming from tbh, people will have mixed views. I wouldnt say your point is ludicrous at all, I think Yaya Toure is one of the best midfielders in the world, rate him very highly.