Mikel John Obi

Badboy

All it takes is one bad pass or one mistake and the same old people come back with the "see, I told you he was useless" as if the last five years haven't proven otherwise.

Correct. However that comes with the territory of playing the role he does. Like Petr Cech as the goalkeeper. Both positions command incredible concentration, and even the slightest slip-ups will be heavily criticised because they are so costly (for a goalkeeper it is concession, for a deep midfielder it is loss of possession and exposure of the defence). However Cech is applauded for making a save, and no-one bats an eyelid when Mikel makes a brilliant block or interception. He is arguably the most important player in our team. He is the base of every attack with the way he breaks down the opposition play and instigates offensive football by a simple pass. At the same time he is the pivot point of the defence and an important part of our rearguard. In essence he fulfils two roles, and he does it brilliant. Granted he has his off-days, but so does every player. It all just boils down to the territory of his position.

Yep, you're right, Mikel was an integral part of that season.

I mean, I've bashed Mikel's performances in the past..particularly whilst AvB was our manager but I have to say, it's good to see Mikel prove his critics wrong once again!

Mikel, to me, has always been integral. There is a reason when, even as a teenager, José Mourinho would pick him for every big match. Every coach we have had since has followed suit because they recognise his importance from a defensive/disciplinary point of view.

Kojo you lost all credibility when you mentioned that the club should sell Ramires just for the sake of a good profit.

Nope, i got more rep than you so how does that work out?.

I'm too popular for that stuff, Ramires should be sold and we should make some good profit on it and keep the change.

You got me wrong. I said Ronaldinho & Zidane are better than Messi. ;)

No you never, because your arguement was that Ronaldo performs for Portugal, but Messi doesn't perform for Argentina, and your whole point of it was Messi missing a free kick for Argentina...

Is this confirmed or just speculation?

Would be happy to keep him on and if it is a 5 year deal then it gives him resale value should we choose to put him up for sale. I've never been his biggest fan but he's done nothing to warrant not keeping him on a while longer and see how he develops as he reaches his peak. Good squad player at the very least and gives us strength in depth if he doesn't improve so I'd be happy enough to rotate him with Ramires if we weren't looking to strengthen the position any time soon

Nope, i got more rep than you so how does that work out?.

I'm too popular for that stuff, Ramires should be sold and we should make some good profit on it and keep the change.

Erm, maybe because you made over 4000 posts more than him, muppet rolleyes.gif

No you never, because your arguement was that Ronaldo performs for Portugal, but Messi doesn't perform for Argentina, and your whole point of it was Messi missing a free kick for Argentina...

So this is your argument to give Da Messiah a free pass??? :rollyeyes: So we should cheapen the performances of The Great Ronaldo, The Great Zindane, The Great Ronaldinho, because Da Messiah can't lead Argentina to victory??? I am sure if Da Messiah would have lead Argentina to Glory this summer, you wouldn't be typing that.

Don't make me go Ashley Cole on you :rolleyes:

Don't make me go Ashley Cole on you :rolleyes:

Hahahaha that's the only quote you got?, mate you said a tonne of bull shit in that thread about how Messi isn't the best player in the world just because he doesn't perform for his country. And the thing is, he does, he actually does play well for his country, but your point of it was a free kick video you showed over and over again where he screwed up.

but your point of it was a free kick video you showed over and over again where he screwed up.

That is how it is done son. Look I could show all I was showing that shit, cause fools like you were saying he was the Best ever. If I wanted to show that Da Messiah was a choke artist, I just bring up his low-lights vs CFC. :rolleyes:

Hey Busta, stop trying to quote me & get back on topic. You can even hate on Mikel if you want. It is his thread :rolleyes:

That is how it is done son. Look I could show all I was showing that shit, cause fools like you were saying he was the Best ever. If I wanted to show that Da Messiah was a choke artist, I just bring up his low-lights vs CFC. :rolleyes:

Hey Busta, stop trying to quote me & get back on topic. You can even hate on Mikel if you want. It is his thread :rolleyes:

Messi = one of the greatest players ever

just deal with it.