Mikel John Obi

Badboy

That's because now people like Mata, Hazard and Oscar find space and demand the ball. Mikel has never had passing options like he has now. We used to play like statues, nobody moving and creating passing lanes. Everybody was just standing still and waiting for something to happen. Now we have players roaming, finding space and showing for the ball. Mikel has never been the problem. People used to complain he holds on to the ball too long. What was he supposed to do? Pass to somebody who was standing still and had defenders on him? He was abused for his intelligence and is now being praised with backhanded compliments "oh he's improved, he passes quicker etc" haha makes you wonder what the hell people are watching sometimes.

If somebody finds space and shows for the ball Mikel will find him 10/10. If they stand still and have defenders on them he will keep possession and make simple passes until he has better options. Only Mikel gets abuse for that. In Spain they would treat him like a king.

Excellent point. Can't believe I somehow forgot about how incredibly static we used to be. In that sense, Obi lives by the Dutch & Spanish philosophy.

Any criticism on his passing and his overall game on the ball didn't make sense. But I'll still say he is the type who likes to hold on the ball a bit. Not that there is something wrong with that, as long as he doesn't do it in the wrong places. That dribbble against Spurs was brilliant but if he had lost that ball, we'd be in serious trouble.

All it takes is one bad pass or one mistake and the same old people come back with the "see, I told you he was useless" as if the last five years haven't proven otherwise.

True talk. I don't think he was really recognised for his superb role in our last EPL title winning season under anceloti where we scored the most goals in EPL history, 103. It all starts from the base and mikel was our standing DM as essien was injured almost through out that season if I remember correctly.

True talk. I don't think he was really recognised for his superb role in our last EPL title winning season under anceloti where we scored the most goals in EPL history, 103. It all starts from the base and mikel was our standing DM as Essien was injured almost through out that season if I remember correctly.

Yep, you're right, Mikel was an integral part of that season.

I mean, I've bashed Mikel's performances in the past..particularly whilst AvB was our manager but I have to say, it's good to see Mikel prove his critics wrong once again!

I will shut up about Mikel, but checkout this article from last year (10/11 season), this writer got this right in pointing out what Mikel brings to CFC. Remember he started out when he was just a teenager & now is a first teamer. Dude has some flaws, but he really keeps the simple stupid. People fail to understand that, especially people that never put on a pair of boots. That is needed sometimes when the going gets rough & the challenges are flying in from everywhere.

Typical trolls. Always there to bash Mikel when he makes mistakes but never there to give him credit where it's due.

Apparently you aren't allowed to give credit for a good performance if he has frustrated you in the past. Atleast that's what it seems.

It's getting boring seeing comments like; 'Wait and see the haters come out after one bad performance'. But if you praise him, you get accused 'bashing' him in the past. Can't win with some people.

Did rather well just like against Tottenham though if he had a better long passing and shooting ability he would be among the better midfielders in the world. Seems so one sided at times...I like really his partnership with Rami.

Apparently you aren't allowed to give credit for a good performance if he has frustrated you in the past. Atleast that's what it seems.

It's getting boring seeing comments like; 'Wait and see the haters come out after one bad performance'. But if you praise him, you get accused 'bashing' him in the past. Can't win with some people.

That wasn't my point, I actually applaud those who can change their mind about a player as opposed to being so fixated on the negatives.

Yep been saying this for years and its true. Everyone compares him to Maka which is an unfair comparison.

Ramires has been playing a lot better than him, he's been the one covering him, Mikel can't play by himself, i said he would be a decent player with Ramires or Romeu.

And yet where is all this credit on Ramires?, this goes to prove Obi isn't a good player and the reason is because your all so damn surprised about it you buzz over an average performance from him. You would think he's Bastian Schweisntiger or something.

Now people are over crediting him when our team wins, he was on form last season and i was saying this, and I'll say it again, we are better off with a replacement if we want a very good team.