Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Phew!!! So finally Mikel moves out ... not sure if I should be happy or emotional, got really mixed emotions right now specially after reading the letter that he published. 

Anyways, all the best to his career and hope he does really well for himself in China ... Thanks for everything, Mikel!!! 

Happy to hear of the move, from both John Obe's perspective and Chelsea's.

Although a lot of fans have criticised his performances over the years; I always found him to be a rather steady rock in the centre of midfield and always loyal to the club. Hopefully he will thrive at his new club, particularly as he will likely be the star man (perhaps something similar to Nigeria where he has shown a different side to his game than that shown at Chelsea) and hopefully we received a decent fee for his signature.

Hmm. From his point of view it is completely understandable to move on, he won everything and in the last years of his career he will make cash money for himself and his family. I liked him first and foremost for his loyal attitude, it wasn't always easy for him as he got offended by the fans many times. He even played out of his position his whole career to help Chelsea, so he deserves a recognition for that.

We lost a great guy and a decent squad player.

2 minutes ago, the wes said:

I think it was a free transfer 

Yeah I know it was going to be to Milan.

There will be a few things I remember about John Obiwan. The 1st goal he scored. that sideways bicycle kick, after 185 appearances, that canon from outside the area against Maccesfield, everyone going nuts after the equalizer against PSG and just simply putting his foot out and taking the ball off Rooney when he was almost clear to score.
Ive never really disliked the lad and hes served us the best he could, we just needed more from him.
A very classy guy that never whined or bitched for not getting playing time. Good luck to the geezer.

Another one from that Munich night gone. But I can fully understand that he wants to play more, he was not getting it here anymore. Only the very best of luck to you!

SHOOOOOOOOOOOOT!