Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Alot of crap going down about him not getting any play time at all under Conte by Gernot Rohr the Nigerian manager. Some BS about Emenalo getting involved.

Is this another way of Emenalo causing grief eith the managers?

Antonio Conte slammed: Manager reveals talks with Chelsea director Michael Emenalo

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/731239/Chelsea-Mikel-John-Obi-Antonio-Conte-Gernot-Rohr-Nigeria-Manager

I see some story about Roman telling Granavskaia to help the Don any way she can APPARENTLY. Maybe its sour grapes on Emenalos part with Conte pushing for his choice of Director of Sport? Theres something about him that just doesn't click with me. Seems snidey. Maybe Im totally wrong. Might be a really nice guy..

Roman Abramovich entrusts Chelsea's First Lady Marina Granovskaia to help Antonio Conte deliver success

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/11/09/roman-abramovich-entrusts-chelseas-first-lady-marina-granovskaia/

APPARENTLY Roman described the performance against Everton as world class!

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Some people in Nigeria need to take their glasses off Mikel is similar not good enough to play at chelsea we should have sold him along time ago 

Screenshot_20161111-131147.png

It's not like we're having a hard time finding midfielders to play. Does Rohr really believe Mikel deserves to start over Matic or Kante? Just because Mikel is your most influential player doesn't mean he is our most influential player.

Mikel has been fairly good regarding his lack of playing time. I don't want idiots like Rohr inflating his ego and making this turn ugly.

On 2016/11/7 at 11:07 PM, Sideshow Luiz said:

I get that.  I was alluding to the fact that he plays a more all action midfield role with Nigeria.  A CAM who can play CDM is kind of box-to-box in my eyes.  Like what we use now.

If Nigerian National coach wants Mikel to play regularly in club level, he should convince Mikel of accepting transfer out of Chelsea for starter!

Nigerian National team coach Gernot Rohr insists that Mikel Obi never play any match this season because he is punished by Conte for his missing pre-season training due to attending Olympics. But I strongly disagree with his viewpoint.

Mikel Obi, even though has survived in many different Chelsea manager eras, seems not to be part of Conte's plan especially for 343 formation. He is good at ball protection and no strong complain for starter position, especially for bus-parking defence. But his demerits are obvious - Sluggish / lazy, less energetic (smaller converage area), always pass backward, less tackles and less ambitious. How to play the Conte's formation well if A player is uni-functional and less energetic?

Mikel Obi just wants a contract renewal and stay in London.

Awwww Bless him

Midfielder makes incredible claim: Chelsea fans will be baffled

JOHN OBI MIKEL claims he's written his own chapter in Chelsea history.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/561503/Premier-League-John-Obi-Mikel-Chelsea-news

On 2016/8/12 at 6:25 AM, Jype said:

I agree, Mikel is a useful player to have and he'd improve many PL teams but by the looks of things many PL teams are not interested in his services. Only links we've seen of Mikel going out in the last few years have been to the biggest Turkish clubs and they don't have the same kind of money even average PL teams do, never have and never will. If Conte sees use for Mikel even as a squad player the club should be asking for way more than £2.6M but like I said if it comes down to selling for a small fee and getting his wages off the books or having him rot in the stands while not even playing, it's a no-brainer.

We have Cesc, Oscar, Kante, Matic, RLC and Chalobah and Mikel to play in midfield and personally I'd like for the two youngsters to be given chances to shine instead of Mikel so I wouldn't mind the sale, even if it meant selling for cheap. If he does go I'll just say Mikel's been a great servant for the club, signed over ten years ago and played almost 400 games without ever throwing a tantrum if some new manager didn't fancy him or anything.

Mikel is still at the Olympics so I'd assume the ball will get rolling sometime next week if there's something going on. Should there be some truth in those rumours we'll be hearing about it soon because if I'm not mistaken Turkish clubs need to make an announcement to the league if they even enter negotiations for a player.

Also Remy is a striker, strikers go for bigger money than defensive midfielders. And even in Remy's case I don't think we could get more than around £7M for him.

I don't think Mikel is useful now!

Mikel Obi never wants to leave Chelse (correctly London), he refused Galatasaray for several times.

He just wants to luckily have contral renewal under helping by Emenalo.

Edited by wilander

On 18/11/2016 at 4:13 AM, Unionjack said:

Hes getting paid too much for anyone to buy him

Mikel salary scares Marseille

http://punchng.com/mikel-salary-scares-marseille/

That's probably why he doesn't want to leave Chelsea cause no club silly enough to offer him big wages 

3 hours ago, the wes said:

That's probably why he doesn't want to leave Chelsea cause no club silly enough to offer him big wages 

haha Nobody has ever said his mum brought up a daft lad eh

So the club either gambles and re issues a contract ((no doubt the cheeky sod will think ""They love me" and want a pay rise). so we can hopefully sell him. But then because he wont have playing time he wont be getting media attention so his value will be down PLUS the payrise we give him has now put his wages beyond 90% of the clubs in the world!

Or we let his contract slip and say thanks for the memories and say ta ra to a chunk of change!

I'm afraid I'd pay for his cab!

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So the club either gambles and re issues a contract ((no doubt the cheeky sod will think ""They love me" and want a pay rise). so we can hopefully sell him. But then because he wont have playing time he wont be getting media attention so his value will be down PLUS the payrise we give him has now put his wages beyond 90% of the clubs in the world!

Or we let his contract slip and say thanks for the memories and say ta ra to a chunk of change!

I think that Mikel usually finds an excuse to stay in club. Like last year, he claims that he need to stay in U.K. longer for applying U. K. Passport via neutralisation.

He keeps good relationship with teammates and have special relationship with Abramovich and Emenalo. I am worried that he can luckily earn a new contract renewal.

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Some Players care about their wages then playing football nowadays