Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Never fulfilled his potential because he wasn't allowed to.Who but Mourinho can see a talented 19 year old who was caught in a massive tug of war between us and Man United and convert him into a functional midfielder. Mourinho more or less did the same by trying to turn Oscar into James Milner.

On January 6, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

Never fulfilled his potential because he wasn't allowed to.Who but Mourinho can see a talented 19 year old who was caught in a massive tug of war between us and Man United and convert him into a functional midfielder. Mourinho more or less did the same by trying to turn Oscar into James Milner.

Under Jose he played DM when Maka was not playing, when he was Mikel played further forward. It was Scolari that turned Mikel into a full time DM.

On 06/01/2017 at 9:17 PM, Amblève. said:

There are the Beckenbauers, the Maradonas, the Peles, the Zidanes, the Messis, and the Ronaldos of the game.

And then there is Mikel.

A player who gets as often forgotten as he gets criticised. A player who isn't necessarily blessed with great athleticism nor on-ball skills. A player who will not often wow you.

But a player who, at the end of the day, has given his all and served Chelsea for years. Something, I will dare say, nobody can deny.

Over 10 years ago Mikel signed for Chelsea. A tall, lanky boy who seemingly received a yellow or red card everytime he stepped on the pitch, Mikel was an interesting case. Not only because of his controversial transfer but the role he was supposed to play when he first joined: Lampard, Ballack, Essien, Makelele, Geremi, Diarra all were already at Chelsea when Mikel arrived. Various other central midfielders came and left. Over a decade later and a few hours ago Mikel was still at Chelsea. I truly believe he embraced being a Chelsea player. A boy among men such as JT and Drogba Mikel was for years one of our youngest first team players learning from the best, listening to the most dedicated, being indoctrined by those who will always be Blues until he became one himself. In the process of reaching that status Mikel experienced the biggest defeats and glories in the history of our football club and always put in his best performances when it mattered most.

FA Cup Final 2007.

CL Semi-Final 2009.

CL Final 2012.

Watch any of those games and the one thing that will stick out most will be Mikel's coolness. Mikel always knew all the angles and the space he could operate within. His composure made him a bastion of calm when we most needed it. Watch any of our greatest victories from the past 10 years and chances are good you will find Mikel somewhere. Why?

Because Mikel never complained or put himself above the team.

Because Mikel played when his father was potentially facing death.

Because Mikel scored when he wanted.

After a decade of being privileged to watching him play for Chelsea, I can, without any doubt, say Mikel was worthy of wearing our blue. He will never be forgotten, he will always be a legend.

*tears* Top post :clap:

• 1 year later...

John Obi Mikel has accused #Chelsea boss Antonio Conte of displaying a lack of respect as he was forced towards the exits at Stamford Bridge in 2016-17. (@GoalUK)

Mikel: "My connection with the club has not changed because of the manager or because of a certain person."

Mikel: "My relationship with the club remains. I am a blue and I want to remain that way for years and years to come."

• 7 months later...

Does anyone think a younger Mikel could have worked as a Jorginho back up? He would defo work in terms of he’s happy to be a squad player/not rotate and just play cup/Europa games unless Jorgi is injured. Not quite sure/or even remember if he had Jorgi’s ability to always look for the ball and awareness of those around him when building up play from our defensive third under press. He of course does have his ability of ball retention over 5-15 yards. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

22 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

IF we get a summer window on appeal, we need to rescue

36 goals, 16 assists between the Super Lig, the Champions League and the Chinese League last year

Image result for Talisca interview on china

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

IF we get a summer window on appeal, we need to rescue

Image result for Talisca interview on china

I think me n you need to get our arses over there Mrs!!

It sounds like a major culture shock to these guys used to living £1m pound lifestyles.l