Mikel John Obi

Badboy

An opinion is fine but all you ever do is post about how bad Mikel is and why Mourinho does not want him etc... and how good Lampard is, nothing else.

Rubbish ,go to ex players and you will find my David Speedie thread ,have you even ever heard of David Speedie?

But yes it is only right to dig out poor players hanging around on big contracts who are clearly not going to play and those who are being written off way to early and have plenty to offer,it seems Mourinho sees it this way as well if team selection is a guide,dont worry I will not take it the wrong way ,I will keep on posting what I posted on how Mourinho will not fancy Mikel because he is a special manager who can see who is contributing on the pitch.

An opinion is fine but all you ever do is post about how bad Mikel is and why Mourinho does not want him etc... and how good Lampard is, nothing else.

Rubbish ,go to ex players and you will find my David Speedie thread ,have you even ever heard of David Speedie?

But yes it is only right to dig out poor players hanging around on big contracts who are clearly not going to play and those who are being written off way to early and have plenty to offer,it seems Mourinho sees it this way as well if team selection is a guide,dont worry I will not take it the wrong way ,I will keep on posting what I posted on how Mourinho will not fancy Mikel because he is a special manager who can see who is contributing on the pitch.

But the way you go on about Mikel is like you have a personal agenda against him. "Tarnishing the myth that you (Mikel) can actually play football". That sounds patronizing and is quite unfair. Mikel might be in the starting lineup against United. That is my opinion anyway because those are the sort of games I can see Mourinho using him in. As I said nothing against you but your hate for him goes way over the top sometimes.

But the way you go on about Mikel is like you have a personal agenda against him. "Tarnishing the myth that you (Mikel) can actually play football". That sounds patronizing and is quite unfair. Mikel might be in the starting lineup against United. That is my opinion anyway because those are the sort of games I can see Mourinho using him in. As I said nothing against you but your hate for him goes way over the top sometimes.

From team selection so far I see Van Ginkel and Essien in front of Mikel and am completely in agreement with this ,at OT I can see Lampard and Ramires as certain starters and one of Van Ginkel or Essien replacing Mata or Oscar ,sorry I dont see Mourinho using Mikel at the likes of OT ,we will see.

By the way do you know anything about David Speedie if not ,have a look at my thread and no I take nothing personally ,everybody has an opinion inc. me and Mourinho.

Lets see what happens ,I think Mourinho does not fancy Mikel .

I think he does as he is our only geniune holding midfielder. Ramires did a very good job in that role at the weekend, but it was only Hull. And more importantly, when Rami plays that role, it restricts him and takes away his best asset which is his ability to play box-to-box and make those trade mark runs of his. Van Ginkel looked very good defensively in preseason, but he's still young, and I think his role may be restricted this season in bigger games. Not sure what Jose's plans for Essien are, but I doubt he'll be more than a squad player.

So based on the above, I think Mikel will definitely play an important role. On any account, we'll have a better idea what role each player will have a few weeks into the season.

I doubt Mikel will play in many games. He maybe brought on to protect a lead late on or play as DM against a big-ish team but for the most part, against the Hulls and the Norwich's of the league, it will be a more dynamic pivot