Mikel John Obi

Badboy

By same logic, Mikel had a better season than Gareth Bale who couldn't win a single trophy last season. I'm obviously talking about their performances. Oscar didn't have the best of tournaments although Luiz definitely did.

oscar was actually pretty good. gave some quality assists

The signs are good that Jose is not going to waste any more time with him,not even on the bench last night ,or has he got another one of his phantom injuries like at the end of last season when he was dropped by the waiter for Everton and Benfica?

I actually feel bad for Mikel, I genuinely do.

Must be hard for him to see a young kid like MvG come in and instantly get in the side in his position and an aging, declined Essien come back from loan and get more game time too. Hell, Lamps who hasn't kicked a ball this preseason starts and plays and he doesn't.

Think he's gone sooner rather than later. Maybe January.

The signs are good that Jose is not going to waste any more time with him,not even on the bench last night ,or has he got another one of his phantom injuries like at the end of last season when he was dropped by the waiter for Everton and Benfica?

You read too much into things. He has played more football than nearly the rest of the entire squad, if not. Would you say the same thing about Mata not appearing yesterday?

Will still have a role in the team, and for good reason.

Its funny with the double standards going on. Many people this pre-season lush over Essien on supposedly how well he does the basic and holds the ball in the midfield and not need to run around too much. Yet this is what exactly what Mikel has done for us the last few years (and quite well in my opinion) yet gets constantly slated over.

Still should be ahead over Essien in the pivot positions. Either partnering van Ginnkel or Ramires.

Listen Potter

Your vendetta with Essien is going a bit too far aight

Just highlighting what I think is some double standards being played here.

Potter

You once said he was a disgrace, and it was all about nothing. It was disgusting what you said to be honest, because you shouldn't say them things about anyone, I believe in the Mourinho thread you told Essien to go fuck himself. You shouldn't have any hate towards Chelsea players, especially ones like Essien what have gave so much to the club in the past. Not even Torres, regardless of him under performing.

Potter

You once said he was a disgrace, and it was all about nothing. It was disgusting what you said to be honest, because you shouldn't say them things about anyone, I believe in the Mourinho thread you told Essien to go fuck himself. You shouldn't have any hate towards Chelsea players, especially ones like Essien what have gave so much to the club in the past. Not even Torres, regardless of him under performing.

Frankly I don't care anymore. Why don't you say that to the same people who give nothing but abuse to the likes of Mikel, Torres, Kalou et cetera ?

Get over it for gods sake, it was 2 months ago.

Frankly I don't care anymore. Why don't you say that to the same people who give nothing but abuse to the likes of Mikel, Torres, Kalou et cetera ?

Get over it for gods sake, it was 2 months ago.

Yeah because people are telling Mikel to go fuck himself, I don't rate Obi as a player, but as a person I really like him. I think he's a good guy.

Kalou and Torres have had a lot of abuse but not like you said to Essien. It's clear that you have this big hate for Michael as you always have to bring him into your discussions all the time, I just don't understand how you can hate the guy. How long have you supported Chelsea? because I don't know how anyone who watched Michael in his prime can have so much hate for him at the moment. He donates so much to charity, he's not controversial in the slightest, he's just a lovable and caring guy, some of the interviews with him and how he looks after his mother all the time just shows what type of guy he is.

I just want to know why do you have all this hate?

Yeah because people are telling Mikel to go fuck himself, I don't rate Obi as a player, but as a person I really like him. I think he's a good guy.

Kalou and Torres have had a lot of abuse but not like you said to Essien. It's clear that you have this big hate for Michael as you always have to bring him into your discussions all the time, I just don't understand how you can hate the guy. How long have you supported Chelsea? because I don't know how anyone who watched Michael in his prime can have so much hate for him at the moment. He donates so much to charity, he's not controversial in the slightest, he's just a lovable and caring guy, some of the interviews with him and how he looks after his mother all the time just shows what type of guy he is.

I just want to know why do you have all this hate?

Some people were posting racist abuse about Kalou, I've seen posts begging for Torres to suffered a career ending injury just so he would not play for us anymore. These people have had things said far worse then me saying Essien should go fuck himself out of frustration. Ands that my problem with Essien. He is barely a shadow of the player he once was and has been a liability in numerous matches for us in the last few seasons because of his diminished physicality, and I find it frustrating that he will get a place in the team because he has this strange relationship with Mourinho, so it grates me every time I see him in a Chelsea shirt when he is doing something that a young player could have done for us and be gradually inserted in the team. It makes no sense in the grand scheme of things.

To me it seems you just want to rehash an old argument just to get some kicks. If you really feel that nothing negative should be said about any Chelsea player, then why not go on a crusade to tackle negative things other players have had far worse said about them.

Some people were posting racist abuse about Kalou, I've seen posts begging for Torres to suffered a career ending injury just so he would not play for us anymore. These people have had things said far worse then me saying Essien should go fuck himself out of frustration. Ands that my problem with Essien. He is barely a shadow of the player he once was and has been a liability in numerous matches for us in the last few seasons because of his diminished physicality, and I find it frustrating that he will get a place in the team because he has this strange relationship with Mourinho, so it grates me every time I see him in a Chelsea shirt when he is doing something that a young player could have done for us and be gradually inserted in the team. It makes no sense in the grand scheme of things.

To me it seems you just want to rehash an old argument just to get some kicks. If you really feel that nothing negative should be said about any Chelsea player, then why not go on a crusade to tackle negative things other players have had far worse said about them.

He's rarely played though, even in pre season he's hardly played. He didn't play that many games at Real Madrid either, only rotation and backup he was always there.

There was one racist comment about Kalou, however that was all cleared up and the man who said that is now a mod on this forum. Not many meant that with Torres, he's just very frustrating to watch and it's understandable, he's missed so many easy chances. I guarantee Essien will be the least played midfielder come the end of the season.