Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Yeah sure Lampard goes up, but you can't say that Mikel enhances the midfield completely, and if you look at the stats with and without Mikel last season it didn't look good.

He made a few runs up, but the ball didn't get played to him, one game doesn't mean he's going to stick deep. But it's not like we need him running up that much anyway, we got 4 attacking players in our formation.

It's not that Ramires does not want to, or he can't, it's that you need someone from your midfield to play deeper and cover if you lose the ball, even against Hull. Which is why I like to see Ramires next to a holding midfielder and not playing as one, so he do what he does best.

After 2 games?

Can you really see Jose selecting him ahead of Lamps, MvG, Ramires, or even Essien? Mikel doesn't really offer anything that the others don't.

May as well cash in while we can and replace him with a player who can contribute much more.

we can't go into the season expecting to challenge on all fronts without a genuine DM.

Well, we're not playing with a genuine DM so why not? you think Man City cant make Barry and Garcia go because they are the only "genuine DM's"? most teams dont play with genuine DM'S.

Ramires and Essien are enough. I say bring in a DLP and sell Mikel.

Can you really see Jose selecting him ahead of Lamps, MvG, Ramires, or even Essien? Mikel doesn't really offer anything that the others don't.

May as well cash in while we can and replace him with a player who can contribute much more.

Yes, I actually can.

I'm not going to say much because it's been discussed to death before but Mikel is our best DM, and if we do end up playing a few games with 4-3-3 then I can easily see him starting as our holding midfielder in that.

Like I said, you really can't make serious conclusions over the role any player will play after only a mere 2 games.

Yes, I actually can.

I'm not going to say much because it's been discussed to death before but Mikel is our best DM, and if we do end up playing a few games with 4-3-3 then I can easily see him starting as our holding midfielder in that.

Like I said, you really can't make serious conclusions over the role any player will play after only a mere 2 games.

Fair enough.

Just believe that we could improve our team by bringing in literally any of the DM's we've been linked with. De Rossi, Matic, Khedira, Kondogbia, Witsel. Any of those players offer far more than Mikel does.

Mikel is our best DM

Mikel is our only DM

I don't think these guys understand the definition of DM.

Just because somebody has been playing in a position for a long time, does not mean he is a DM or good at it.

It has been proven over and over again that he is very poor at shielding the defense and the lesser said about his deep lying playmaking, the better.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer 5m

Galatasaray have reportedly submitted an offer of €12m for John Obi Mikel (Sky Sports) #CFC

only makes sense if we buy a new one (de rossi?!) would either sell essien than mikel though.

Make sense? With Chelsea? After making so many good and sensible decisions all of a sudden in recent times, it wouldn't be a surprise if the club go and make a dumb move to even things up...

Yes, I actually can.

I'm not going to say much because it's been discussed to death before but Mikel is only DM by the very narrow definition some people still choose to use based on an era circa-2006 when Makelele was still in our squad.

Not fixed, but my interpretation of what people mean when they say DM. The DM we had in 2006, the DM we tried to mould Mikel into isn't the same DM we need in the double pivot in 2013 (and beyond).

That static Defensive Midfield role was surely put to bed in last season's Champions League Final when you saw two teams line up with dynamic holding midfielders/defensive midfielders/double pivot/ whatever you want to call those players who were literally a generation apart from Mikel.

Fuck, even we decided that 60 minutes of David Luiz offering a more dynamic (see how I keep using this word) take on that role was preferable to Mikel. Look at Van Ginkel - he is the future of that position. He's also the present....Mikel is a relic.

Cmon Obi the message must be loud and clear ,the worlds best manager does not rate you ,time to move on son. Picking up your large wage packet on a long contract is going to tarnish the myth that you could actually play football .

Don't take this the wrong way or anything but it starts to get bloody irritating when you keep moaning about Mikel 24-7. An opinion is fine but all you ever do is post about how bad Mikel is and why Mourinho does not want him etc... and how good Lampard is, nothing else.

Sounds like you have a personal agenda the way you keep ranting on about Mikel. He might go he might not but if he stays I will be pleased and I still feel he has a lot to offer to the team.