Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Mikel's lack of drive in his play is the reason why fans don't love him.

He had some good performances last season...and he also had some awful performances.

Hopefully Mikel shows consistency this season...or else our midfield will fail once again

I fully agree with you, but however that wasn't the argument I'm having with bb. He's practically saying that whenever Mikel plays the front four play bad as well which is absolute bollocks tbf.

Mikel was terrible at Tottenham to let them get 2-1 up his defending was dreadful and he sat far to deep as usual,make no mistake MaZaCar got us the win there . And the top three play well despite Mikel not because of him and dont worry Jose knows this .......watch this space and be prepared to eat your words. At Utd he just sat Luiz really pushed on and did what Slobi should have been doing ,Hazard also turned it on ,Mikel did little and that is better than he usually does,the good news is we now have players to replace him and the myth will die.

He will enjoy it there he can be even lazier and pick up his money for four years courtesy of the mug who gave him a four year contract between Di Matteo getting sacked and the Waiter taking over ,I will leave you to make your own mind up as to who decided he should get a 4 year deal?????

Mikel was terrible at Tottenham to let them get 2-1 up his defending was dreadful and he sat far to deep as usual,make no mistake MaZaCar got us the win there . And the top three play well despite Mikel not because of him and dont worry Jose knows this .......watch this space and be prepared to eat your words. At Utd he just sat Luiz really pushed on and did what Slobi should have been doing ,Hazard also turned it on ,Mikel did little and that is better than he usually does,the good news is we now have players to replace him and the myth will die.

Even though I completely disagree with you, we are not discussing Mikel's performances here, we're discussing whether the front four perform poorly whenever Mikel does play which is frankly bullshit.

Even though I completely disagree with you, we are not discussing Mikel's performances here, we're discussing whether the front four perform poorly whenever Mikel does play which is frankly bullshit.

You cited the United game - if you watch that game then for some reason that's frankly bemusing their midfield steps off for the final 30 minutes and invites pressure on themselves. You might say that the terrifying spectre of Mikel was what forced this but I think it had more to do with United's tactics just not working for them.

Another possibility is that something else happened in the 52nd minute of that game that altered United's thinking. Maybe the weather shifted, or the Earth tilted a fraction of a degree off it's axis altering the fundamental rules of nature in a way we were more attuned to than United.

Or maybe.,...just maybe we also brought on an attacking threat who actually made United's midfield think they should sit deeper because of the danger he posed. That could've been Mikel, or it could've been the other player we brought on at the same time.

Some chap called Eden Hazard. :dunno:

He will enjoy it there he can be even lazier and pick up his money for four years courtesy of the mug who gave him a four year contract between Di Matteo getting sacked and the Waiter taking over ,I will leave you to make your own mind up as to who decided he should get a 4 year deal?????

I'm going to assume that's a veiled reference (although you do subtle about as well as a jackhammer) to Michael Emenalo giving him a contract because he's Nigerian...or maybe just because he's black.

Bullshit.

It's proper business practice to have any asset (which Mikel still is) tied down so we can't lose him on a free. The idea that Emenalo gave him a contract for any other reason is downright offensive to be quite honest. Maybe that's why he secured the signing of Lukaku though, because they're both black right? :banghead:

I'm going to assume that's a veiled reference (although you do subtle about as well as a jackhammer) to Michael Emenalo giving him a contract because he's Nigerian...or maybe just because he's black.

Bullshit.

It's proper business practice to have any asset (which Mikel still is) tied down so we can't lose him on a free. The idea that Emenalo gave him a contract for any other reason is downright offensive to be quite honest. Maybe that's why he secured the signing of Lukaku though, because they're both black right? :banghead:

I am also a firm believer in that Nigerian angle. Also, when Mikel moved to Chelsea in 2006, Emenalo was one of the agents involved. Emenalo is not the most transparent person in this regard.

You cited the United game - if you watch that game then for some reason that's frankly bemusing their midfield steps off for the final 30 minutes and invites pressure on themselves. You might say that the terrifying spectre of Mikel was what forced this but I think it had more to do with United's tactics just not working for them.

Another possibility is that something else happened in the 52nd minute of that game that altered United's thinking. Maybe the weather shifted, or the Earth tilted a fraction of a degree off it's axis altering the fundamental rules of nature in a way we were more attuned to than United.

Or maybe.,...just maybe we also brought on an attacking threat who actually made United's midfield think they should sit deeper because of the danger he posed. That could've been Mikel, or it could've been the other player we brought on at the same time.

Some chap called Eden Hazard. :dunno:

TOPTB, I'm not commenting on Mikel's performances in said games, I was simply stating games where the front four have performed well when Mikel has played.

TOPTB, I'm not commenting on Mikel's performances in said games, I was simply stating games where the front four have performed well when Mikel has played.

leave'em

just wait and see and comment after his matches... a so called discussion isn't possible...

If Mikel performed well he did so because of the weather that had changed as you can read, so there is never ever any possibility of him play'n well because he has the skill

If Mikel was onece mentioned in one breath with Messi because his eye for a pass, his tremendeous ball holding skills in any kind of pressure, this doesn't mean he was ever a attacking player.

so its pointless to discuss mate... oh wait there is no particular discussion only a bashing ... :)

It's proper business practice to have any asset (which Mikel still is) tied down so we can't lose him on a free. The idea that Emenalo gave him a contract for any other reason is downright offensive to be quite honest. Maybe that's why he secured the signing of Lukaku though, because they're both black right?

Sorry but I judge a player on what he does on the pitch and Makelele and Drogba are in my top ten ,five in Drogba's case Chelsea players of all time and in my view he should still be at the club.

Mikel wouldnt be in my bottom ten but I watched Chelsea in the seventies and did not rate Cannoville either (if one is allowed to say that) .

Mikel was awarded his contract between managers and the waiter announced in his first press conference that "Mikel has been given a 4 year contract by the club" in the same conference the waiter announced that "Lampard would not be getting a new contract" a fckn disgrace and an asset is only an asset if you can see value on the pitch or be able to cash in on the asset and I dont see too many bidding for Mikel .

And yes I would like to know who was awarding contracts to players at this time ,because you may have noticed Lampard has signed a new deal and Mikel seems to be on the bench under Mourinho so far. Emenalo needs to stick to scouting players and Jose should be deciding which players are playing well enough to be awarded contracts.

It's proper business practice to have any asset (which Mikel still is) tied down so we can't lose him on a free. The idea that Emenalo gave him a contract for any other reason is downright offensive to be quite honest. Maybe that's why he secured the signing of Lukaku though, because they're both black right?

Sorry but I judge a player on what he does on the pitch and Makelele and Drogba are in my top ten ,five in Drogba's case Chelsea players of all time and in my view he should still be at the club.

Mikel wouldnt be in my bottom ten but I watched Chelsea in the seventies and did not rate Cannoville either (if one is allowed to say that) .

Mikel was awarded his contract between managers and the waiter announced in his first press conference that "Mikel has been given a 4 year contract by the club" in the same conference the waiter announced that "Lampard would not be getting a new contract" a fckn disgrace and an asset is only an asset if you can see value on the pitch or be able to cash in on the asset and I dont see too many bidding for Mikel .

And yes I would like to know who was awarding contracts to players at this time ,because you may have noticed Lampard has signed a new deal and Mikel seems to be on the bench under Mourinho so far. Emenalo needs to stick to scouting players and Jose should be deciding which players are playing well enough to be awarded contracts.

I don't like Mikel but I can't help but think there are far more worthwhile things to discuss about him than the fact that a 25 year old player with a market value of roughly £10 million was given a 5 year contract.....by another Nigerian no less.

To me, and I'm going to be kind and say there's nothing more sinister to it, its complete bollocks.

I don't like Mikel but I can't help but think there are far more worthwhile things to discuss about him than the fact that a 25 year old player with a market value of roughly £10 million was given a 5 year contract.....by another Nigerian no less.

To me, and I'm going to be kind and say there's nothing more sinister to it, its complete bollocks.

We dont want to lose a 10mn fee so we will give him a 5 year contract worth 18.75 mn (rumoured 75k per week wages) and also block a non homegrown place in the team.

Sounds logical.

We dont want to lose a 10mn fee so we will give him a 5 year contract worth 18.75 mn (rumoured 75k per week wages) and also block a non homegrown place in the team.

Sounds logical.

Great point....it's inevitable that in time we'll sign the whole Nigerian team.