Mikel John Obi

Badboy

I thought he was good yesterday, but I was disappointed that Jose seemed to give Essien the freedom to go forward more and not John. Essien seemed to just lose the ball whenever he received it in advanced areas. Mikel looked like he could create something in the rare occasions he did go forward. That said, both players had a very difficult job in the first half as the movement by the front four was almost nonexistent.

Very anxious to see a Mikel-MVG partnership. Hope to see it sometime soon.

I thought he was good yesterday, but I was disappointed that Jose seemed to give Essien the freedom to go forward more and not John. Essien seemed to just lose the ball whenever he received it in advanced areas. Mikel looked like he could create something in the rare occasions he did go forward. That said, both players had a very difficult job in the first half as the movement by the front four was almost nonexistent.

I don't think Obi would go forward if he was a striker to be honest.

One wonders till how long will you keep blaming the front 4 for mikel's poor play.

He does it brilliantly well for Nigeria.

Because he started out his career as a CAM until Mourinho decided to put him in CDM, that was when his potential died. Now people are thinking we should do the same to Oscar and Kevin, LAUGHABLE.

Because he started out his career as a CAM until Mourinho decided to put him in CDM, that was when his potential died. Now people are thinking we should do the same to Oscar and Kevin, LAUGHABLE.

Lol. Mourinho played him at DM 12 times, whilst playing him 15 times next to Makelele. Mourinho wasn't the one who turned him into a CDM whatsoever. It was the likes of Scolari, Ancelotti, Grant etc. who decided to use him there afterward that made him so.

And if Oscar were to move deeper he wouldn't become a CDM. I've told you this before, playing in the pivot does not mean you're automatically a defensive midfielder.

Lol. Mourinho played him at DM 12 times, whilst playing him 15 times next to Makelele. Mourinho wasn't the one who turned him into a CDM whatsoever. It was the likes of Scolari, Ancelotti, Grant etc. who decided to use him there afterward that made him so.

And if Oscar were to move deeper he wouldn't become a CDM. I've told you this before, playing in the pivot does not mean you're automatically a defensive midfielder.

The point is Jose started the trench and new managers just saw him as a CDM and uses him there.

What on Earth would a pivot do? I am assuming we still keep 3 CAM which mean there are 2 spaces left for CDM, if one is ''pivot'' which I got no idea what you mean then that means there is only 1 space left for CDM. Now you want only 4 defenders and 1 CDM with 5 attacking players?

What are the pivot's job anyway?

The thought of Mikel playing any further forward is laughable ,can you imagine him trying to recover his position ,he is so slow and on top of that has no stamina,he is a static holding midfielder and a poor one at that ,all this talk of him playing further forward is surely a joke?

For instance have you ever seen him shoot :D:D and compare that with Lampard's shooting prowess or Ramires stamina or Makelele's positional awareness?

There is a reason why we tried to convert him to a holding midfielder and that was he is a poor attacking midfielder and the other reason he has played under so many managers is ,they were not always picking the team and were trying to please Roman and Emenalo ,this has finished with the return of Jose as will be revealed soon.

The thought of Mikel playing any further forward is laughable ,can you imagine him trying to recover his position ,he is so slow and on top of that has no stamina,he is a static holding midfielder and a poor one at that ,all this talk of him playing further forward is surely a joke?

For instance have you ever seen him shoot :D:D and compare that with Lampard's shooting prowess or Ramires stamina or Makelele's positional awareness?

There is a reason why we tried to convert him to a holding midfielder and that was he is a poor attacking midfielder and the other reason he has played under so many managers is ,they were not always picking the team and were trying to please Roman and Emenalo ,this has finished with the return of Jose as will be revealed soon.

Mikel is neither slow nor has no stamina, In fact he is a really decent athlete. the problem is he is so lazy and has no drive whatsoever. That is what distinguishes him from Luiz Gustavo e.g.

But I also got no idea how people see him as attacking midfielder.

In the 2005 youth championships (FIFA U-20) , Mikel came second to Messi as the best youth player. They both played as attacking midfielders. You wouldn't be saying that he can't play as an attacking midfielder if you watch those games, you can trust me on that !

Just like the other 32 times last season when Mikel played.

I think our front four really hate mikel and underperform to make mikel look bad. (Am I doing it right?)

Don't be stupid. I'll pluck two games that come to mind immediately when the front 4 was exceptional when Mikel played - 2nd half against Man Utd in the FA Cup when he came on and Tottenham away in the league, the latter probably our best performance in the whole season.

You were saying?

Don't be stupid. I'll pluck two games that come to mind immediately when the front 4 was exceptional when Mikel played - 2nd half against Man Utd in the FA Cup when he came on and Tottenham away in the league, the latter probably our best performance in the whole season.

You were saying?

Mikel's lack of drive in his play is the reason why fans don't love him.

He had some good performances last season...and he also had some awful performances.

Hopefully Mikel shows consistency this season...or else our midfield will fail once again