Mikel John Obi

Badboy

OMFG still going on?

He did Ok in that 10 Mins he came on tracked back an forward and made a good block plus a good tackle in the midfield with a good pass that hazard couldn't controll propper when we counter attacked... nothing special...

but hopefully he gets his ass kicked and shows what he can otherwise he can leave at the End of the season...

Actually, he did great block vs Van Pussy's shot, but some people like to notice only mistakes, even little ones.

Are you really mention his block against Van Persie shot? Hahah I mena,I don't have anything against Mikel but Van Persie shot and he hit Mikel,it could be anyone else.

Ramires-Mike is.better combination than Lampard-Ramires....it's just Lampard isn't DM and neither Ramires... And when Mikel.is playing, Ramires runs.forward often and.giving.us a sparkle from midfield. In.my.opinion Lampard is not good.at all in DM but it's Jose and he.will continoue to play him.... And with this.midfield Ramires-Lampard we'll hardly win,anything...we are gonna defend against every better team, just like last night and like we will against Bayern..

Are you really mention his block against Van Persie shot? Hahah I mena,I don't have anything against Mikel but Van Persie shot and he hit Mikel,it could be anyone else.

What an absurd. In the same case, there's could be no one. Or you can tell the same about every situation.

Mikel was at right place at right time and made important block.

What an absurd. In the same case, there's could be no one. Or you can tell the same about every situation.

Mikel was at right place at right time and made important block.

Of course, but I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say.
Those on the ground that he blocked the shot you want to say that he is a good player, I want to tell you that to be a good player you need to have much more than blocking shots :)

Of course, but I think you misunderstood what I wanted to say.
Those on the ground that he blocked the shot you want to say that he is a good player, I want to tell you that to be a good player you need to have much more than blocking shots :)

I don't said that he's good player, because of this block. I just praised his good effort. This is it.

And Ba could have came on and got a hattrick, but he didnt.

Mikel got the block and that was all that mattered.

Mata: started 1 game

Luiz: out with injury

Please come up with better examples.

You seem to have been hit pretty hard.

Conveniently ignore the Azpilicueta example won't you?

My point is that most of the Confed Cup players have barely played to begin with.

Been speaking with Mikel and his agent John Shittu this morning. Bottom line, Mikel is not going anywhere. At least, not this window. End of

That is the politically correct way of saying that we got no bidders. No club was interested in buying that piece of &*#@.

This scenario was foreseen by almost every sane person. Only the fanbois believed otherwise.

That is the politically correct way of saying that we got no bidders. No club was interested in buying that piece of &*#@.

This scenario was foreseen by almost every sane person. Only the fanbois believed otherwise.

His agent: “He loves this club, the manager knows him and likes him and he will not be going anywhere during this transfer window,” he insists. Some clubs came in and expressed their interest but that is where it stopped. They were never allowed to get to the point where we could even begin to start talking about valuation or negotiation.”

Regardless of your opinion of him, we do need him for cover. He and MVG backup for Lamps and Ramires. Then Essien just there in case someone gets injured.

Still early to draw any sort of conclusions about how Jose plans on using him but it's possible that mourinho might favour Ramires in the holding role. Although I agree with Choulo that in some ways Ramires as a defensive midfielder is like trapping a bird in cage, but at the same time if mourinho persists with playing him (rather than Mikel) in that position, I completely see why.

Most of the people I know who are football fans tend to be Nigerian so I've been following the national team for a while now. I just think that with the type of attacking players we have, whoever plays as the holding midfielder, their game has to be more about athleticism than anything else and from what I've seen of Mikel, being a chelsea supporter and following the Nigerian national team, I'm convinced that he can't play that role. If we still had players like Kalou, Malouda, Anelka and Drogba, then Mikel would be my first choice defensive midfielder, always. But with Hazard, Mata, Kevin et al you need a runner in central midfield. That's just my opinion though.

Having said that, I think Mikel's ball playing skills are very much underrated. From some of the comments, people seem to be under the impression that he plays as a number 10 for Nigeria - that's not true. He plays as a centre midfielder (or deep lying midfielder) and it's actually quite remarkable how good he is in that role especially under Stephen Kelshi (the current coach). His performance against Spain would have been classified as "world class" if it weren't for the name on the back of his shirt and I guarantee that many on here would be crying out for us to sign him for the pivot. Would love to see what he can do if he were playing in Lampard's position.

Anywho, all of Mikel's touches against Spain. Absolutely a brilliant performance from him.