• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

13 hours ago, milan.cech said:

:D

As I said earlier, I don't think Mourinho will come here for 3 points. He knows we will eliminate ourselves from the top 4/5 battler with our inconsistency. He will be happy with a point. So we will gift them chances and eventually the victory. AKA story of our season.

No expectations from now on, whatsoever.

even with Son out, I think Mou expects to win

he will not go complete kamikaze but still feel he will not park the bus

maybe I am wrong, but a loss for us is a crucial blow and Mou knows it

13 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Also, we have no midweek game, while Tottenham play on Wednesday. Still, that won't make a difference :D We cannot take the advantage.

I was actually hoping this was going to be Tottenham's first game after their winter break.

Would have given us a huge advantage match fitness wise.

So Son is out with a broken arm. Yet, he managed to finish the game and score a stoppage time winner at Villa Park. That is the spirit. Terry would do the same. Terry would finish the game even with Christensen's injury. This is nothing against Christensen but he just not the central defender that attackers would fear playing against. You blow at him, he falls off. I hope, seriously hope that we will not see Christensen for a fair amount of time.

Wow Son and Kane out. Eriksen sold. 
And they play with RB Leipzig just 65 hours before our game. No excuses! 
We couldn't even get a point against Utd last night with over a two week break. If the same players are absent, it looks bleak.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

I hate to say it, but I feel the same now about pretty much every game

we seem to be in a semi death spiral

That's what meant before. Before look at fixtures and think ooooh should have a shot. Whereas now its ohhhh we might lose

No Kane, no Son, no Eriksen. Mourinho ball. They leak goals. But it probably still won't matter because we have so many key injuries ourselves. 

This is how it'll probably go - we dominate the ball, dominate the run of play, have 20 shots with 5 on target, don't score a single goal. Then, after getting pinned back most of the game, one of their smallest players like Lucas will get one chance in our box and score to win it.

Story of our season.