• Jorginho
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Barkley
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

3 hours ago, milan.cech said:

So Son is out with a broken arm. Yet, he managed to finish the game and score a stoppage time winner at Villa Park. That is the spirit. Terry would do the same. Terry would finish the game even with Christensen's injury. This is nothing against Christensen but he just not the central defender that attackers would fear playing against. You blow at him, he falls off. I hope, seriously hope that we will not see Christensen for a fair amount of time.

They said on Sky Sports at the start of the second half last night that Christensen had a suspected concussion and not just the broken nose, so the decision to sub him off might have been forced by the medical staff. Rules for concussion scares are quite strict nowadays.

That being said, I do think that Christensen is soft as fuck for a central defender. He gets constantly beaten in duels and offers zero threat in offensive set pieces. He's got some good qualities to his game too and I do like his calming presence in defence most of the time, but he really needs to toughen up if he's to make the cut in the PL. Still reasonably young for a CB so there might be a quality player in him yet but I'm starting to get more and more convinced that it's better for both the club and Christensen himself if he goes back to the Bundesliga or a move to La Liga perhaps. 

Really can't understand why Tomori hasn't been playing much lately, he was doing quite well when Rüdiger and AC were both out. 

My spuds buddy's tell me Son is out, surely we can beat them without Kane as well.

But please Frank play Giroud at least.

I am a rare one:ph34r: but i have been a believer in Bats coming good..until Monday's debacle and yes I was wrong he's fucking awful, that aside the ref was and is a cunt, Bats is a useless cunt.

And I would go Frank's team as with Simon Phillips suggestion, looks good to me.

View image on Twitter

42 minutes ago, DDA said:

After beating Jose last time, I have a sneaky suspicion we are going to lose this one and Jose will rub it in big time.

Pretty sure almost no one thinks we can win this one after the United match.

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Looks like lessons haven't been learned from the reverse fixture.

Could be a fair number of people hanging their heads in shame again.

The hanging in shame happens so rare, it's almost surely will be called a fluke if we win.

41 minutes ago, Nicco said:

The hanging in shame happens so rare, it's almost surely will be called a fluke if we win.

I get that the prevailing expectation of the outcome is we'll lose this (not without good reasons) but are you ever gonna be positive about Chelsea? If we lose this, you're gonna come here and rant. If we win this, you're gonna call it a fluke. If we are to somehow get our season back on track, it has to start from somewhere, right? 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I get that the prevailing expectation of the outcome is we'll lose this (not without good reasons) but are you ever gonna be positive about Chelsea? If we lose this, you're gonna come here and rant. If we win this, you're gonna call it a fluke. If we are to somehow get our season back on track, it has to start from somewhere, right? 

The thing is I'm left disappointed almost every other week, I don't even feel the same excitement when one of our matches arrives, Lampard has completely sucked me dry. For example I was pretty sure we get a result at United and Newcastle but didn't post here because I was afraid I would jinx it, the reality was I didn't even need to jinx it because we lost anyways.

I feel like we can get a result with Tottenham as well based on Willian and Mount who seem to be fired up against Tottenham while they missing 2 crucial players but again means shit we lost to Newcastle and Bournemouth with half of their fucking teams injured and relegation form.

Son and Kane our does not really make a difference. The team manUre fielded on Mon was a pile of shit as well. We tore their Defence to shreds, created a gazillion chances like we always do and then almost on purpose somehow miss them all. As long as we are this wasteful every team in the world can beat us. It started under Conte again, then under Sarri and now we are at our worst in terms of conversion. Our attack and Defence are average at best and out goalies and centeforwards are average and out of form. No wonder we are leaking goals and scoring none. The failed Jan transfer window cost us top4 And probably top 5 as well. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Looks like lessons haven't been learned from the reverse fixture.

Could be a fair number of people hanging their heads in shame again.

Hopefully...but since we won that game we've only won 2 league games out of 8. So based on our performances and that...dont really expect a win. Or we will and lose to Bournemouth again lol. Just cause that's how we roll.

Just dont want another game of all the ball..most chances but once again it's a loss. Gotta start putting them away some point surely.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Son and Kane our does not really make a difference. The team manUre fielded on Mon was a pile of shit as well. We tore their Defence to shreds, created a gazillion chances like we always do and then almost on purpose somehow miss them all. As long as we are this wasteful every team in the world can beat us. It started under Conte again, then under Sarri and now we are at our worst in terms of conversion. Our attack and Defence are average at best and out goalies and centeforwards are average and out of form. No wonder we are leaking goals and scoring none. The failed Jan transfer window cost us top4 And probably top 5 as well. 

I don't know how it's gone from one extreme to the other so quickly. Iirc in the Conte title we didn't create much half the time but always scored when the chances arrived.

Not even swapping Costa for Morata should have resulted in such a drastic switch, maybe the fact we tend to concede any chance we allow results in anxiety from the forwards? City were even more wasteful during the Claudio Bravo banter season then as soon as Ederson was in their conversion rate shot up.

United didn't score in 3 PL games before our game. 

And look how clueless Spurs look in attack? We know what's going to happen...

It would be embarrassing if we concede against this Spurs side. Not to mention they play CL match just 60 hours before our clash.