• Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

4 hours ago, Jason said:

As I thought the previous two in 2000 and 1987 were Easter Monday and the August bank holiday. The 2000 one I was in Ireland for my niece's christening and had to watch it in a house full of Man U fans. I was at the 87 one at Old Trafford terrible Hillsborough type crush trying to get in.

As for tonight I'm drunk and knackered and up early tomorrow so no time for a major rant or I'll be typing for an hour so goodnight everyone.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Nice job Sarri that he shortened Kante's career just to win his first Trophy. When those muscle injuries start,it is hard to get rid of them.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm sure losing to Arsenal would've been great. Stop blaming Sarri for Lampard being clueless.

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Nice job Sarri that he shortened Kante's career just to win his first Trophy. When those muscle injuries start,it is hard to get rid of them.

I think Lampard trying to force him back has more bearing than Sarri who played him during a cup final (when it was declared he was fit by the medical staff) 

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Waits till we are 0-2 down to bring on Giroud. 

Fuck sake Lamps, you are doing a splendid job wanting the on the fencers pick a side. 

I think he was trying to be safe. since he had to waste a sub on getting christensen off. and he had already used 1 getting Kante off

Yeah, I'm sure losing to Arsenal would've been great. Stop blaming Sarri for Lampard being clueless.
What does Kante's injuries have to do with that. I have had several muscle injuries myself. Once they start, it is hard to get rid of them.
You are the one that is clueless. You think that any Coach can get rid of Dembeles injury problems ? Dembeles muscle injuries started one day and he never truly Recovery from them

I think Lampard trying to force him back has more bearing than Sarri who played him during a cup final (when it was declared he was fit by the medical staff) 
It took Kante 3 months to train properly. Once these muscle injuries start, it is hard to get rid of them. Ask Dembele.

Just now, killer1257 said:

It took Kante 3 months to train properly. Once these muscle injuries start, it is hard to get rid of them. Ask Dembele.

So why is he rushed back? Again, this takes proper rehabilitation. 

No one blames the player that broke Owen Hargreaves' leg. They blame SAF for forcing him to play when he was suffering from chronic tendonitis. 

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

What does Kante's injuries have to do with that. I have had several muscle injuries myself. Once they start, it is hard to get rid of them.
You are the one that is clueless. You think that any Coach can get rid of Dembeles injury problems ? Dembeles muscle injuries started one day and he never truly Recovery from them

Dunno you tell me what does Sarri have to do with Lampard shoving Kante in the line up too soon.

What does Dembele have to do with this, secondly I never talked about Dembele to being with, talk about clutching at straws.

7 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I think he was trying to be safe. since he had to waste a sub on getting christensen off. and he had already used 1 getting Kante off

I think when a manager thinks its safe to play Batshuayi over Giroud, things need to be broke. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Nothing different from Kepa then...

If I had to pick one thing to disagree with Lampard, its this.

Dropping the no.1 goalkeeper to prove a point is thing, but you don't shoot yourself in the foot for it. Cabellero is NOWHERE near the quality of GK needed to start regularly. I would pick him for penalty shoot outs and that's about it.

Lampard hasn't exactly been vindicated in terms of results after dropping Kepa, and has potentially created an unsavory situation. It remains to be seen if he will eat humble pie and reinstate Kepa for the next game.  Or if he will continue his 'Cabellero experiment' just to show it works.

It's just so infuriating and frustrating to have so many key players out injured all at the same time (and at the most important time!) of the season. Injuries are something Frank can't control, but it's the things that he can control that are starting to really bother me.

Having Michy above Giroud in the pecking order is baffling. Frank has praised Giroud all season long for his training and professionalism. So if he's training so well why can't he get a sniff? The only explanation is that it's an ideological thing. Frank must think that Oli is just too slow or something. But he cannot possibly be worse than Batshuayi.

Then there's the defensive decisions. AC is softer than two-ply toilet paper. He's skinny as a stick and gets bullied even by people much smaller. He falls to the ground constantly from soft pushes. He seems to go down for treatment or worse every game. Azpi, as much as I love him, should not be starting over and over as a LB. And then the keeper situation. Just put Kepa back in and ride it out. If he returns to form, great, if he doesn't get rid in the summer. But Willy isn't any better. Kepa's average level is better than Caballero's average.

I just have no faith we'll even finish 5th-6th if we don't get Pulisic, CHO, and Tammy back AND in red hot form all at once. Teams can look at our team without those players and think "unless Willian pulls some magic out of his hat from outside the box they have no real goal threat." Everyone can get set up well in a low block and we have ZERO answers.

Another shite result. Regardless of performances the results in big matches this season have been awful. Yes we beat Jose's Spurs but that was one game. Top 4 place is starting to become more and more open and with City potentially missing out we are not in a good place.

Also whoever wrote that Sarri has shortened Kantes career, fuck off, really? Is it Sarri's fault that Kepa has regressed? Or that Kante, Rudiger and Emerson also picked up injuries after beung rushed back earlier in the season? Theres only one man who could possibly be blamed for these reoccuring injuries and his name is Frank Lampard. Mentioned it earlier in the season with those 3 and some people out it down to pot luck,  I think theres a more underlying problem.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Injuries are something Frank can't control

Totally disagree with this. The injuries we have picked up this season have been mostly muscle related injuries and most of them have come in training sessions, which seem to suggest that Lampard is overworking the players physically. Kante, Emerson, Pulisic, CHO (can't remember if Rudiger did as well) have all suffered muscle injuries this season. Apart from I think last season, we have rarely suffered this kind of injury and that many in one term over the years.

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

If I had to pick one thing to disagree with Lampard, its this.

Dropping the no.1 goalkeeper to prove a point is thing, but you don't shoot yourself in the foot for it. Cabellero is NOWHERE near the quality of GK needed to start regularly. I would pick him for penalty shoot outs and that's about it.

Lampard hasn't exactly been vindicated in terms of results after dropping Kepa, and has potentially created an unsavory situation. It remains to be seen if he will eat humble pie and reinstate Kepa for the next game.  Or if he will continue his 'Cabellero experiment' just to show it works.

I know Caballero being awful doesn't mean Kepa is great but the inclusion of Caballero has not made us look more secured defensively. There has not been any difference at all.

And he was at fault for Leicester's 2nd goal a few weeks ago. Had Kepa done what he did, people would have started a protest in the stands. 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Or that Kante, Rudiger and Emerson also picked up injuries after beung rushed back earlier in the season? Theres only one man who could possibly be blamed for these reoccuring injuries and his name is Frank Lampard.

Kante (god knows how many times now), Emerson, CHO, Pulisic have all suffered muscle injuries this season - be it in training or in matches. Lampard is clearly not getting the training intensity level right, he's overworking the players.

And given we are constantly seeing the same BS happening in games week in, week out, it's worth wondering what does Lampard and his coaching staff even do in training...