• Kovacic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Batshuayi
    • Mount (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)

It's a fucking mess, just look at that front three last night, championship level.

Injuries stacking up now, another loss and looking massively thread bare, and those who said not spending in January now looking very silly indeed.

Lampard has to shoulder a lot of blame here, his selections are fucking bizarre. How the fuck can the dumb fucker not see that Giroud is the better player of him and Batshit, he did more in a few minutes than the useless Belgian fucker did all game.

Any other manager would be walking the death line right now and FL is lucky he's on a free hit here.

This all comes back to shit transfer windows over the last three seasons.

Fucking fuming.

It was a bad game for us ... nothing was in our favor, right from bad selection to injuries before & on field to VARs ... Surprisingly we started well (or they were bad as shit) but that face bang on Christensen just ruined it all, even Kante going off didnt help us either. 

I'm sure that Lampard knows what he is doing when he is not getting the better players to start over the mediocre ones. The thing is that this plan of his is not clicking and it is creating a negative effect off field. Though there was no expectation from him other than avoid relegation to begin with, the situation now has changed as the season progressed because lot of the better teams are being shit at the moment which has opened up opportunity for us. And everyone wants to capitalize on the same.

I hope that Lampard quickly learns from this situation and sets things right. 

Totally disagree with this. The injuries we have picked up this season have been mostly muscle related injuries and most of them have come in training sessions, which seem to suggest that Lampard is overworking the players physically. Kante, Emerson, Pulisic, CHO (can't remember if Rudiger did as well) have all suffered muscle injuries this season. Apart from I think last season, we have rarely suffered this kind of injury and that many in one term over the years.

Emerson picked his hamstring injury up in Italian National Team. It took him months to solve that problem.

Sarri shortened Kante's career. It took Kante a very long time to train properly and once these muscle related injuries start, it is hard to get rid of them. You also Never know what they inject their players in the muscle to play in those Finals. Those injections have long term effects .

Rüdiger and Pulisic are and always will be injury prone players just like Dembele always will have muscle related injuries.

If guys like Willian would suffer muscle related injuries all the time, I would say that Lamps Training methods may be too intense. Willian still rarely gets injured because he has good Genetics.

The only bad decision Lamps made is playing Tammy through injury. That is something that needs to get mentioned more, but Chelsea fans were more focused on insultinh a injured Tammy instead of Lamps that actually let him play injured.

Problem is that most coaches think Short term. Diego Costa had many hamstring injuries under Mou and he still let him play. Did Chelsea fans criticise Mou for that ?

Mou also played Kane all the time til he got injured. Simeone rushed Costa back for CL final and Costa got subbed off few minutes into the game. Costa always had muscle related injuries and will never solve that problem. Maybe taking one year off would solve that Problem, but that is his job.

We just have more injury prone players these days. Pulisic, RLC, Kante (Thank you Sarri), Rüdiger and James (James injures his ankle all the time).

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Emerson picked his hamstring injury up in Italian National Team. It took him months to solve that problem.

That he did but Lampard played him against Liverpool a few weeks later and he injured his hamstring again.

15 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Sarri shortened Kante's career. It took Kante a very long time to train properly and once these muscle related injuries start, it is hard to get rid of them. You also Never know what they inject their players in the muscle to play in those Finals. Those infections have long term effects .

But how many times did Lampard try to rush Kante back earlier in the season? Kante returned, played one game and was out injured again. God knows how many times that happened before he was eventually given sufficient time to recover. 

20 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Rüdiger and Pulisic are and always will be injury prone players just like Dembele always will have muscle related injuries.
If guys like Willian would suffer muscle related injuries all the time, I would say that Lamps Training methods may be too intense. Willian still rarely gets injured because he has good Genetics.

You said it as Rudiger and Pulisic pick up an injury every week. Before Rudiger went down the knee injury last season, he didn't suffer any serious once since Feb 2017. He was pretty much injury free for 1.5 years. Pulisic had his injury problems at Dortmund but they never kept him out for long, not as long as this.

So what if players like Willian hasn't picked up a muscle injury? You can cater specific training program for players to get them into optimized shape. Don't forget CHO is now the latest to go down with a muscle injury. 

For so long, we have always gotten it right with these things. We rarely had players with muscle injuries, our injury record were usually clean/great but now, we have players getting injured in training/matches and it's the same kind of injury. Even if the other players haven't suffered a muscle injury, that doesn't mean the over-training won't affect them in other areas. Ever wonder why we have struggled to put in 90-minute performances? Why we have struggled for consistency so much? Why we have let in so many late goals this season? Over-training may be a reason, when the players just become mentally and physically exhausted late on in matches.

Terry on the first goal yesterday...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/john-terry-identifies-defensive-mistake-21518157

"Got to think disappointed, " the former England defender said on DAZN . "Two in the box against six is disappointing to start with.

"But I think if you look at Rudiger in the build-up to that, the ball goes wide and he kind of gets sucked out into an area where he’s not really going to affect it. He can pass him on.

"If you could have Rudiger just outside the six-yard box, just to stop that run across, Martial then can’t make that run across and that just allows that second centre-half to go touch-tight and be more aggressive with him."

Christensen, who was challenging Martial for the header, had suffered a knock to the nose just before. Terry, though, had little sympathy for the defender.

Asked if the injury affected the defender, Terry replied: "Quite possibly. Listen it’s good movement, it’s a great ball into the box and a great header.

"But can he more aggressive? Yeah, ideally I’d like to see that from him. Does this [the bloody nose] affect him? Clearly because he goes off and he’s kind of holding it seconds before Wan-Bissaka gets his cross into the box.

"But I was just saying to the lads, they’re ones where you want to get up and not even go off the pitch, just stay on the pitch with a little bit of blood running down your face and get on with it."

14 hours ago, Stats said:

Mount looked very positive when he came on. James and Kovacic also had good games. The only three who come out with positives from tonight for me.

Although I'm very sad for Kante on a personal level i am excited to see the Jorgi, Kova, Mount midfield for an extended period once again.

Against Spurs and especially Bayern we will get a clearer indication on how sustainable a midfield it is in the long run.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That he did but Lampard played him against Liverpool a few weeks later and he injured his hamstring again.

But how many times did Lampard try to rush Kante back earlier in the season? Kante returned, played one game and was out injured again. God knows how many times that happened before he was eventually given sufficient time to recover. 

You said it as Rudiger and Pulisic pick up an injury every week. Before Rudiger went down the knee injury last season, he didn't suffer any serious once since Feb 2017. He was pretty much injury free for 1.5 years. Pulisic had his injury problems at Dortmund but they never kept him out for long, not as long as this.

So what if players like Willian hasn't picked up a muscle injury? You can cater specific training program for players to get them into optimized shape. Don't forget CHO is now the latest to go down with a muscle injury. 

For so long, we have always gotten it right with these things. We rarely had players with muscle injuries, our injury record were usually clean/great but now, we have players getting injured in training/matches and it's the same kind of injury. Even if the other players haven't suffered a muscle injury, that doesn't mean the over-training won't affect them in other areas. Ever wonder why we have struggled to put in 90-minute performances? Why we have struggled for consistency so much? Why we have let in so many late goals this season? Over-training may be a reason, when the players just become mentally and physically exhausted late on in matches.

You think that Lamps is the only coach that rushes players back? Sarri rushed Kante back,who still had an injury and let him play the whole game. He started all of Kante´s misery in the first place, but you rather give Lamps the fault of Kante´s injury problems. Simeone rushed Costa back at Atletico, Mou rushed Costa back at Chelsea etc.

Pulisic was not a starter last season and he still was injured many times because he is injury prone. Under Lamps, he was a starter and obviously injury prone players that plays more matches with more time will have more injuries or worse injuries. The only way to solve that problem would be maybe to let Pulisic only play once a week, but you would then criticise him for not using him enough. Having those kind of players is not Lamps fault. He did not buy Pulisic.

CHO got one injury  after many months of staying injury free. You think that players stay injury free the whole season? Even Messi and Ronaldo had minor injuries during a season.

Have I wondered why we conceded so many late goals this season? No, because we have players like Rüdiger, who are not world class players. In Germany, many friends of mine who know some stuff about football can´t believe that Rüdiger is our main starter because of his lack of concentration and blackouts he has for the national team and when he played in Germany. It always baffled my mind when people on this forum claimed he was world class. He still never improved in those areas and he also is not a ball playing CB. Tomori should play instead. He at least can do some stuff with the ball.

Have you wondered way we conceded many goals after the half time break last season? Because I never wondered about that when our two starting CBs were David Luiz and Rüdiger. Rüdiger always struggled with concentration. I always said that in my posts and I always wondered why Chelsea fans could not see the obvious, but they said that he was world class instead.His lack of concentration is why in my eyes he will never become a world class player, just like Zouma will never become a ball playing defender either. When you have this much experience and still struggle with those things, no coach will improve you. Nobody could make Willian world class either. You think that you can make those players world class, that is your opinion, but I don´t believe in that.

So, var can detect a toe is offside.....can detect a hair strand is offside. But cant see that Willy didnt dive, cant see that Azpi was pushed first hence why he puched that utd player, cant detect that maguire should have been off with that blatant kick? Answer is easy, they made sure pool got the title and it has been done and dusted long ago, so now they need to make top 4 interesting, by screwing CHels as always. EPL is like WWE, a script to make sure it goes their way as mch as possible and they will do their hårdest to make it happen. EPL as a fair contest is done and burried.

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You think that Lamps is the only coach that rushes players back? Sarri rushed Kante back,who still had an injury and let him play the whole game. He started all of Kante´s misery in the first place, but you rather give Lamps the fault of Kante´s injury problems. Simeone rushed Costa back at Atletico, Mou rushed Costa back at Chelsea etc.

So because other managers do it, it's okay for Lampard to do it? You criticized Sarri for rushing Kante back and yet here you are, finding ways to absolve Lampard of any blame when Kante's injury problems this season have come under his watch.

10 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Pulisic was not a starter last season and he still was injured many times because he is injury prone. Under Lamps, he was a starter and obviously injury prone players that plays more matches with more time will have more injuries or worse injuries. The only way to solve that problem would be maybe to let Pulisic only play once a week, but you would then criticise him for not using him enough. Having those kind of players is not Lamps fault. He did not buy Pulisic.

There is a thing called sports periodization...

13 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

CHO got one injury  after many months of staying injury free. You think that players stay injury free the whole season?

The point isn't about CHO's one injury. It's the fact that it's another muscle injury. It's another muscle injury added to the long list of muscle injuries this season.

14 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Have I wondered why we conceded so many late goals this season? No, because we have players like Rüdiger, who are not world class players. In Germany, many friends of mine who know some stuff about football can´t believe that Rüdiger is our main starter because of his lack of concentration and blackouts he has for the national team and when he played in Germany. It always baffled my mind when people on this forum claimed he was world class. He still never improved in those areas and he also is not a ball playing CB. Tomori should play instead. He at least can do some stuff with the ball.

Have you wondered way we conceded many goals after the half time break last season? Because I never wondered about that when our two starting CBs were David Luiz and Rüdiger. Rüdiger always struggled with concentration. I always said that in my posts and I always wondered why Chelsea fans could not see the obvious, but they said that he was world class instead.His lack of concentration is why in my eyes he will never become a world class player, just like Zouma will never become a ball playing defender either. When you have this much experience and still struggle with those things, no coach will improve you. Nobody could make Willian world class either. You think that you can make those players world class, that is your opinion, but I don´t believe in that.

So rather than addressing my questions about the collective failure, you have turned around and blamed certain individuals instead? Clubs like Sheffield United and Wolves have less talented individuals than us but they certainly don't make themselves look like idiots on a weekly basis.

I'd ask this in the other thread and I'll ask again, do you really think we're well coached and well drilled at the moment? Do you really think we're performing well as a collective unit? I mean the fact that people have been pointing out issues across the team rather than just one individual or two says it all...