• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Lads, if Arsenal and United draw and we win our game in hand, we will go 4th. So not all is lost. We just missed the chance to go 3rd.

fuck all these ifs ifs ifs, we are useless end of, we never take advantage.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Lads, if Arsenal and United draw and we win our game in hand, we will go 4th. So not all is lost. We just missed the chance to go 3rd.

Problem is we play Saturday.. Man U don't. So we lose that game in hand advatange over them. 

Plus it's not just about winning the game in hand. Gotta win one's before that's played first. Whenever that is don't think a dates been set? 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dropping my points when we had a chance to close the gap on Spurs in 3rd...imagine my shock!

We are 1 point closer though :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Kante is useless in this sort of game. Might as well play Hazard in that role since the opponent barely goes outside their 16 yard box

He isnt useless, but today on rare fee occassions when he should do his job, he failed. In Wolverhampton goal, he simply stopped tracking Jimenez which was massive wtf moment. Dont know what kind of brainfart he had. That was Alonso/Luiz esque mistake.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

At least a draw. Not great at any conclusion but still better than loss. Also CHO and RLC got some minutes. I liked CHO being more agressive today, he often looked afraid of close challenge, but today he was up for it. Well done.

IMO for these park the bus games, we have to drop Kovacic who offers nothing apart from ball circulation which accumulates to nothing, while defence is still shite. Instead we should play Willian or RLC

Hazard-Higuain-Pedro/CHO

Willian/RLC-Jorginho-Kante

Then we have either CHO or Pedro to add some pace in second half or Kovacic/Barkley for more "stability".

Lol I rarely agree with you but today Kovacic was the problem. I have no clue what he is doing. Pedro was fine. His off the ball movement is arguably the best in our team plus defensively he is pretty solid. 

I thought CHO did fine, a couple times he showed his inexperience but he did fine. He need to stay wide and let Azpi come inside so that he can have more space to play one on one. With Ruben on far post, it is going to be a good tandem 

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Higuaín, again looks out his depth. He just does not seem to have the physical levels for the PL. Bar 2 goals against Huddersfield and one against Fulham, all the other games, he reminds me of Morata. Can't get into the game. It is worrying. He offered nothing at all today. Really needed that win but will take that. But huge blow. Because we have a tough away game next week, where I reckon we may drop points also. So glad Hazard stepped up there because this was another game where you are thinking, this is where you need your big players to stand up and he did exactly that. But big chance blown here.

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

these are the players I rate

Kepa

Rudiger (monster, thank fuck we have him)

Luiz WHEN he doesn't make idiot mistakes (which is all too fucking often) needs to go go and be MASSIVELY upgraded

AC has improved a lot IMHO, still not a great CB though

Amps (more time needed!)

Kante (monster)

RLC

sometimes Jorginho (he is so so poor under pressure though) super frustrating

Wilian (I know a shock, but he has been superb lately and I think he can play MF more)

Hazard (when he is in the mood(not often enough!) he is a monster

CHO

Pedro (so erratic though)

Giroud for park the bus games ONLY

the rest can sod off!!!!

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

Tell me what he did in the second half.

The only thing he did was create a half chance for RLC.

Face it, he isn't the type of striker to succeed against a packed defense with decent quality like Wolves. We were playing with 10 men, especially after they opened the scoring

6 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I think we must look at this as a point gained, in the grand scheme of things.

We were poor - we looked tired from Thursday night. Wolves were so good, so disciplined. It doesn't matter that they only had one chance, they took it. We were doing the same thing a few years back. 

We had no creation, no spark, no invention today. Kovacic was disgustingly bad, Jorginho was ponderous - until Ruben came on, we didn't have a midfield. The biggest issue is our full-backs - they are so far behind play that it narrows our attack and means we inevitably have to recycle and play backwards in 90% of our attacking plays. 

CHO struggled when he came on; he looked out of his depth in my very humble opinion. 

I have to say that we were lucky today. We didn't create a single proper chance. You only have to look at their goalkeeper barely making a save. Hazard - who was utterly anonymous again - saved the day with the single positive thing he did in 94 minutes. 

If we somehow sneak into the top four by May, Sarri is a genius. The squad is shockingly bad. 

Indeed our fullbacks are awful. There is no width, no wing play because they dont overlap quickly enough. That forces us to either play through middle which is parked with opposing players or pass to wingers who end up isolated.