• Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

49 minutes ago, Vesper said:

insanely STUPID sale 

he was a great 60th, 70th minute lock pick option

Deffo , especially not bringing somebody in , in we don't finish top4 i'd point to that sale(i say sale , think that deal was a joke also!) you can near guarantee Fab would by way of assists,goals,etc got us 6+ extra points by now, i said before the game thats what we would need for this game. grrrr with triple grrrr. Everton need to be downed again at goodison next now !

4 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Tell me what he did in the second half.

The only thing he did was create a half chance for RLC.

Face it, he isn't the type of striker to succeed against a packed defense with decent quality like Wolves. We were playing with 10 men, especially after they opened the scoring

2nd half he did nothing. But that is not the problem. Higuain is least of my concern. The fact that we created zero opening let alone chances especially in the 1st half was concerning. 

Sarri is a poison that needs to be extinguished this summer. Everyone's excuse is that Sarri needs time to build his own team with his players but with the transfer ban coming up, what hope do we have with this manager? Nothing. We need to bring in a manager that is able to work well with youth players and can build a good team from all our current players out on loan, with the ones we already have. 

Don't know why people are slating Higuain after a match like that. Lone striker with 3 CB's standing right next to him and the majority of the rest of their players crowding the area. What could he have done today? Especially when the crosses and service into him were atrocious for the most part.

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. He looked fantastic in midweek but invisible today. He offers nothing going forward. Ruben's more direct and aggressive style was night and day and he looked far more dangerous.

Other than that stupid counter that we concede we didn't give wolves sniff of goal. Defensively I have no problem. We are playing with David Luiz as our cb after all. There is no way we can be  absolute rock defensively. 

Offensively, this has been a theme for us especially against team who defend deep. In the 1st half. It was absolutely atrocious. Pass left no space. Pass right no space back to the left still no space. No clue. That was the story in the 1st half. Emerson and Azpi did not contribute much offensively. And we definitely should not sign kova to permanent deal. 

16 minutes ago, communicate said:

Really? Higuain looked slow which has been pointed out by Sarri but he did absolutely fine. He doesn't look close to Morata. He hold the ball well and tried to connect with his teammate. Our midfield and our fb is more of the problem. 

He was awful. Yeah you can talk about service but he was bossed all game and didn't cause them any problems. Looks lethargic too.

Just now, Stats said:

He was awful. Yeah you can talk about service but he was bossed all game and didn't cause them any problems. Looks lethargic too.

He has looked lethargic since his first day. But he was playing against 3 cb. They way Sarri football is setup, he is playing almost as lone wolf in the box. 

31 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

I think we must look at this as a point gained, in the grand scheme of things.

We were poor - we looked tired from Thursday night. Wolves were so good, so disciplined. It doesn't matter that they only had one chance, they took it. We were doing the same thing a few years back. 

We had no creation, no spark, no invention today. Kovacic was disgustingly bad, Jorginho was ponderous - until Ruben came on, we didn't have a midfield. The biggest issue is our full-backs - they are so far behind play that it narrows our attack and means we inevitably have to recycle and play backwards in 90% of our attacking plays. 

CHO struggled when he came on; he looked out of his depth in my very humble opinion. 

I have to say that we were lucky today. We didn't create a single proper chance. You only have to look at their goalkeeper barely making a save. Hazard - who was utterly anonymous again - saved the day with the single positive thing he did in 94 minutes. 

If we somehow sneak into the top four by May, Sarri is a genius. The squad is shockingly bad. 

Thank god somebody said it. This may be his best year of his career at Chelsea statistically but for our best player his inconsistency in performances are scary. 

We were 1-0 down, against a side who has already beaten us and taken many points off top 6 clubs. 1 point isnt the worst outcome, we lacked in attack again, couldnt break down a hugely disciplined side. Needs improved.

Also Emerson and Alonso arent great options at LB. For all the slagging Alonso gets even when plays okay Emerson gets some sort of special treatment especially when his attacking threat is meant to separate him from Marcos. Where was it today? 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. 

BOTH fullback positions are even worse, as NONE of the four remotely good enough

we have options to perma bench Kovacic

8 minutes ago, Vesper said:

BOTH fullback positions are even worse, as NONE of the four remotely good enough

we have options to perma bench Kovacic

Emerson is fine. I agree with what you said earlier about Azpi becoming a problem. Sad to say it, but he looks shaky these days. Very limited going forward and now even lets us down defensively which has never been the case in years past.

I would say that a top RB needs to be a priority this summer but now that it's looking grim with the transfer ban we'll be stuck with Azpi and Zappa there.