• Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Higuain
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Emerson is fine. I agree with what you said earlier about Azpi becoming a problem. Sad to say it, but he looks shaky these days. Very limited going forward and now even lets us down defensively which has never been the case in years past.

I would say that a top RB needs to be a priority this summer but now that it's looking grim with the transfer ban we'll be stuck with Azpi and Zappa there.

I actually think we might win the CAS deferral appeal

I also fear we get the summer window, dont do much

and then are FUCKED until summer 2021

and even worse, on the actual ban appeal at CAS, they INCREASE the length

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Emerson is fine. I agree with what you said earlier about Azpi becoming a problem. Sad to say it, but he looks shaky these days. Very limited going forward and now even lets us down defensively which has never been the case in years past.

I would say that a top RB needs to be a priority this summer but now that it's looking grim with the transfer ban we'll be stuck with Azpi and Zappa there.

Promote from the academy. Reece James, Ola Aina, couple of options there. Have to come in. I cant watch another season with Azpi as undisputed first choice RB

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

We need a whole new back 4. I would spend our entire budget on that. Look at how much a quality CB like VVD transformed Liverpool. Mane, salah and firmino are just as good as what we have upfront at the moment. It's our defence that's the problem, even last season. What ultimately cost us was our defence more than the attacking side of our team

2 minutes ago, Strike said:

Promote from the academy. Reece James, Ola Aina, couple of options there. Have to come in. I cant watch another season with Azpi as undisputed first choice RB

Yeah. Azpi at CB was a liability in certain matches against tall strikers, but if honestly rather see him there than at RB. We need someone highly technical who can reliably provide service there. 

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Don't know why people are slating Higuain after a match like that. Lone striker with 3 CB's standing right next to him and the majority of the rest of their players crowding the area. What could he have done today? Especially when the crosses and service into him were atrocious for the most part.

Kovacic's dramatic inconsistency in such an important position is the biggest issue. He looked fantastic in midweek but invisible today. He offers nothing going forward. Ruben's more direct and aggressive style was night and day and he looked far more dangerous.

Midweek he played different position.  He should never play in most attacking role. 

38 minutes ago, kobematabryant said:

Sarri is a poison that needs to be extinguished this summer. Everyone's excuse is that Sarri needs time to build his own team with his players but with the transfer ban coming up, what hope do we have with this manager? Nothing. We need to bring in a manager that is able to work well with youth players and can build a good team from all our current players out on loan, with the ones we already have. 

Name the manager then? You will be lucky finding a decent manager coming here knowing a transfer ban is imminent and expecting to last 2 or 3 Windows.

Who would you bring in?

1 hour ago, Vybz Kartel said:

Unpopular opinion but Rudiger ain't it. His error prone and has less of an upside to him than Luiz. I would spend all our budget in the summer on a whole new back 4. Never mind a striker. 

Rudiger? He made one little error but he has been one of our most consistent players. His pace is such a useful asset and has helped us on so many occasions this season. He does not need replacing and don't see much better options on the market who are better than him tbh.

13 minutes ago, Vybz Kartel said:

We are truly fucked with that Arsenal win. Don't see where Arsenal will drop points from here on

They don't have teams in the top 6 left to play also. When pundits like Merson and Neville rule their chances of top 4 out, it confuses me. Spurs still have to go to Liverpool and City. We still have to go to Anfield and Old Trafford. Also would not be surprised to see us drop points at Everton next week.

8 minutes ago, Stats said:

They don't have teams in the top 6 left to play also. When pundits like Merson and Neville rule their chances of top 4 out, it confuses me. Spurs still have to go to Liverpool and City. We still have to go to Anfield and Old Trafford. Also would not be surprised to see us drop points at Everton next week.

We can not afford to lose points in the next 3 league games.