24. Reece James

the wes

12 hours ago, Vesper said:

as I (and others) predicted

Real are going to come HARD for Reece in 9 months

Real are absolutely fucked at both fullbacks

and there are only 5 on the board that they deem of WC quality (and the lowest one of the 5, Balde, is at Barca, so no chance)

the same old 4

4a6368c2b1f55b2fecd0c20d8d99172c.png

the only other ones they would remotely consider in their ideal plans are

the other two always talked about (as Robertson is now aged out in terms of buying, as he will be 30yo soon)

and both of these are really suspect defensively (especially TAA)

fb4f3b583d87c044e72915cc87ac0b69.png

If this ends up being another mediocre season, we will likely lose him if they come calling. And Enzo not too soon after.

All these pie in the sky ideas of having a super young squad and allowing it to develop in 2 to 3 years without achieving anything on the way, is just pure fantasy.

Top players in the squad won't stick around that long to waste the best years of their career in a 'project'.

13 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

If this ends up being another mediocre season, we will likely lose him if they come calling. And Enzo not too soon after.

All these pie in the sky ideas of having a super young squad and allowing it to develop in 2 to 3 years without achieving anything on the way, is just pure fantasy.

Top players in the squad won't stick around that long to waste the best years of their career in a 'project'.

we may well become the world's first billion pound feeder club

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/10/2023 at 07:28, bigbluewillie said:

Time to find a replacement for him, he's become too injury prone, never going to get a run of games from him.

That's along with Fofana and Chilwell, we need to replace all three.

RBs

Achraf Hakimi   
Jeremie Frimpong 
Nahuel Molina  
Denzel Dumfries  
Matty Cash  
Lutsharel Geertruida
Amar Dedic    
Vanderson   
James Justin   
Dodô 
Davide Calabria 
Nordi Mukiele 
Sacha Boey    
Iván Fresneda  
Arnau Martínez  

Benjamin Henrichs 
Alexander Bah  
Joakim Maehle   
Ridle Baku
Wilfried Singo 
Kiliann Sildillia   
Devyne Rensch  
Brandon Soppy 

youth

Saël Kumbedi
Agustín Giay   
Noah Sadiki

On 01/10/2023 at 06:28, bigbluewillie said:

Time to find a replacement for him, he's become too injury prone, never going to get a run of games from him.

That's along with Fofana and Chilwell, we need to replace all three.

yeah lets see until the end of the season but if real offer us good money I would sell him 

1 minute ago, Vytis33 said:

Just say he’s fit and take the ban this weekend.  Come back after the break ready to play 

That is good. I literally thought they were waiting after the Burnley game to ban him. So at least he misses a game that he wouldn't have played anyway.

When I see £90k fine, it makes me think how lucky these footballers are. That is change to them. It would take me years to pay that.

25 minutes ago, Vytis33 said:

Just say he’s fit and take the ban this weekend.  Come back after the break ready to play 

Is there a U23/development squad match between now and the Arsenal match? I'd play him in that one just to get some sharpness. 

• 2 weeks later...

Man i miss this guy, i think he needs to do yoga. Tends to be a common problem with muscular people, they tend to be stiff. 

I recall John Terry playfully calling RLC the stiffest man. Cobham need more focus on yoga and flexibility.  

Edited by Clockwork