24. Reece James

the wes

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

🚨️Mauricio Pochettino says Reece James is being assessed day by day following a hamstring injury and insists he will come back stronger. 

It's not a major issue and the expectation is he will be out for weeks at the moment but won't rush recovery.

#CFC

(@SJohnsonSport)

I'm so fucking tired of the "come back stronger" cliche they say every single time someone gets injured. It's a blatant lie, very few come back "stronger". If it was true, why not injure every single player in pre-season so they would come back stronger at the start of the season?

2 hours ago, James said:

From what it sounds - it could be 2 to 3 months., worse case. Hopefully less.

If surgery is really an option to permanently resolve a niggling issue, he might want to take it though. I doubt the intermittent injuries are doing him any favors.

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I'm so fucking tired of the "come back stronger" cliche they say every single time someone gets injured. It's a blatant lie, very few come back "stronger". If it was true, why not injure every single player in pre-season so they would come back stronger at the start of the season?

Yeh it’s ridiculous and absolute cope when the players post that. Yeh I’m sure your leg is going to come back stronger after being completely shattered 🤡 

4 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

If these are the only matches he misses, not that bad.

Based on how it's been last season, one month prognosis, usually means 2 months in reality.

Not too bad, all things considered.

Hope Gusto can step up. And hopefully with our new central midfield, we can reduce our dependency on full backs.

We just need our default attackers, namely our wingers, to step up.

On 25/08/2023 at 19:36, Fulham Broadway said:

Some media saying Real Madrid have him lined up to replace Carvajal and are plotting to get him in 2024

If they offer £100m or above - I’d be leaning towards selling. Won’t get that much for a fullback again.

Yes hes great but he’s rarely been fit for the past 2 seasons and if it continues this season, will be a real conundrum for the club.

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Reece James will potentially return on Saturday 17 September vs Bournemouth.

If this is true he misses just one more league game (NFO H).

Looking a lot better than initial reports then

Sounds good news.

I don't know what can be done longterm,like what does hamstring surgery entail..opening up the leg and coating it with Gorilla grip?

I can see maybe his body is too muscular,but is not like trying to lose a couple stone of flab. I think he could protect his knee more by looking how Gusto,Caicedo tackle rather than using his body as a wall,with his knee being the first point of contact but can't really adapt your.game to protect your hamstring in any sport apart from Darts etc..

Have seen over the years playing having lots of hamstring injuries but getting past them and playing long careers,as i mentioned in the past Giggs was the most famous example. Would be a tragedy if Reece has his career wrecked over them.

• 2 weeks later...

as I (and others) predicted

Real are going to come HARD for Reece in 9 months

Real are absolutely fucked at both fullbacks

and there are only 5 on the board that they deem of WC quality (and the lowest one of the 5, Balde, is at Barca, so no chance)

the same old 4

4a6368c2b1f55b2fecd0c20d8d99172c.png

the only other ones they would remotely consider in their ideal plans are

the other two always talked about (as Robertson is now aged out in terms of buying, as he will be 30yo soon)

and both of these are really suspect defensively (especially TAA)

fb4f3b583d87c044e72915cc87ac0b69.png

3 hours ago, Vesper said:

as I (and others) predicted

Real are going to come HARD for Reece in 9 months

Real are absolutely fucked at both fullbacks

and there are only 5 on the board that they deem of WC quality (and the lowest one of the 5, Balde, is at Barca, so no chance)

the same old 4

4a6368c2b1f55b2fecd0c20d8d99172c.png

the only other ones they would remotely consider in their ideal plans are

the other two always talked about (as Robertson is now aged out in terms of buying, as he will be 30yo soon)

and both of these are really suspect defensively (especially TAA)

fb4f3b583d87c044e72915cc87ac0b69.png

Imo first we need to see if james can play a few games in a row...