• Drinkwater (sub)

4 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Ter Stegan

Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

Sergio

Paulinho Rakitic

Iniesta

Messi-Suarez

far from frightening on paper. that offense is some great names but ageing and way over the hill. The rest of the team is rather ordinary. Not that we are any different but on a really good day we might have a chance. the only thing we really need to improve on is our finishing. If we get lucky and score from the few chances there is something in it.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those wanting Morata to start ahead of Giroud because the former has more pace, worth remembering that we played a 34-year-old Drogba against Barcelona in 2012. Drogba wasn't exactly quick at that age but his holdup play was crucial. Giroud's could be key here to help us alleviate pressure and even win cheap fouls for us launch balls into their box.

53 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

People have already written us off for this, losing millions to nil at the bridge and then the same at away. Nothing to fear here, have a fucking go at these bastards and do what we do best, upset teams.

That's the thing we need to go for it. Not fuck around like did against Watford and that. We're capable of getting a result long as the occasion doesn't effect.. Which it shouldn't as its nothing not done before. N the team show up. I think we'll get something here.. Duno about the return but we have a chance. Hopefully they'll take it 

If we go into the return leg already truly beaten then that's shite

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

To those wanting Morata to start ahead of Giroud because the former has more pace, worth remembering that we played a 34-year-old Drogba against Barcelona in 2012. Drogba wasn't exactly quick at that age but his holdup play was crucial. Giroud's could be key here to help us alleviate pressure and even win cheap fouls for us launch balls into their box.

Exactly! People think that you need two or three fast attackers to launch a proper counter attacking option but do you remember Morata injury versus Manchester City? Willian came in and we were stuck in our own half without a proper target man to hold up the ball and link up with fast transitioning players :) 

I would put Giroud upfront with Willian and Hazard alongside to burst forward whenever possible :) 

11 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Exactly! People think that you need two or three fast attackers to launch a proper counter attacking option but do you remember Morata injury versus Manchester City? Willian came in and we were stuck in our own half without a proper target man to hold up the ball and link up with fast transitioning players :) 

I would put Giroud upfront with Willian and Hazard alongside to burst forward whenever possible :) 

Players do miss chances but last thing we want in a game like this is to see Morata has another nightmare in front a goal like he did at Arsenal!

The thing is that we are the underdogs here. And whenever we are the ones being written off against THESE bastards in particular, we tend to do well.

Let's make sure they have a bad night.:cig:

My heart says 2-1 to us. My gut says 2-2.

Honestly, I am not confident about this match unlike our last meeting with Barca at the bridge, though we were in a deeper mess at that time. We had so many experienced players back in those time. But I hope we can grind some results.

Even in the "Mourinho season" I had hopes about making it big in the UCL. Now, I just cannot feel it at all. There's no confidence around the team. We are mid-February and still have no clear starting 11, specially because of the injuries.

Barca, on the other hand, are having their best season in years. Can't beat them with their rejects. 0-3 is my prediction.

57 minutes ago, nachikethas said:

Honestly, I am not confident about this match unlike our last meeting with Barca at the bridge, though we were in a deeper mess at that time. We had so many experienced players back in those time. But I hope we can grind some results.

this match up was bound to happen again sooner or later, its been long overdue, our previous meetings with Barca were nothing short of epic, damn i miss those days, time flies so fast.

Regarding Tuesday's game, i feel we have a good chance against them, need to start on the right foot, we wont see too much of the ball, but thats's why we need to be at our absolute focused best, try to soak any kind of pressure, try to force them in to any mistakes and hit them on the break with devastating effect. We can do this, we have the players for it, we just need to have that winning mentality that got us trough many tough teams in the past. Barca hates playing vs us as much as we hate playing vs them, we are their kriptonite, so lets believe in this team and give it a good go for old times sake. KTBFFH and goodluck to the lads, lets hope for a great night at the Bridge. Cheers

I think some people here haven't watched barca play for a while and I watched them against Eibar last week and against Madrid in el classico.

They are no longer the old Barcelona team who will boss the game the way City does to team. They don't press up high, they even tend to sit deep. I am talking about  against eibar here.

They are not a possession based team at all,  they looks very weird almost dysfunctional a times. With the ball they can still look pretty good because when you have Messi and Suarez as your front 2 you will always has a chance.

Without the ball, suarez and especially Messi barely run at all. They defend with 8 player sitting deep and then launch counter attack.