• Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3:5:2 will end up like city game where we had no attack to worry them and Pep thrown their fullbacks in midfield, completely overruning us. 

I can see Roberto and Alba do the same. 

But if we put front 3, Barca will have to worry counters, I think thats better. But for 3:4:3, we probably needed inform Bakayoko. I dont see Cesc or Drinkwater hold that line in middle next to Kante.

Both systems have some big flaws. People like to point we have positive record against Barca, but now we have different formation with 3 at the back, never mind different character. We are not that Chelsea anymore. 

I hope we wont just close down and pray. It would take enormous luck to win vs barca on goal difference. We have to go for a win at SB. Defensive approach certainly, but with clear plan to counter attack them and press them in second half to score for advantage.

What we have over Barca is strenght and stamina. We need to exploit that.

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

3:5:2 will end up like city game where we had no attack to worry them and Pep thrown their fullbacks in midfield, completely overruning us. 

I can see Roberto and Alba do the same. 

But if we put front 3, Barca will have to worry counters, I think thats better. But for 3:4:3, we probably needed inform Bakayoko. I dont see Cesc or Drinkwater hold that line in middle next to Kante.

Both systems have some big flaws. People like to point we have positive record against Barca, but now we have different formation with 3 at the back, never mind different character. We are not that Chelsea anymore. 

I hope we wont just close down and pray. It would take enormous luck to win vs barca on goal difference. We have to go for a win at SB. Defensive approach certainly, but with clear plan to counter attack them and press them in second half to score for advantage.

What we have over Barca is strenght and stamina. We need to exploit that.

We started that game fine, the problem was we lost Morata early and were forced to change tactics. 

11 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We started that game fine, the problem was we lost Morata early and were forced to change tactics. 

They were dominating us completelty with Morata on the pitch. The flow of the game didn't change drastically when he got hurt

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

They were dominating us completelty with Morata on the pitch. The flow of the game didn't change drastically when he got hurt

I disagree... I was there didn't feel lopsided till the substitution 

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I disagree... I was there didn't feel lopsided till the substitution 

I'm not sure what the disagreement is. They were controlling the game before Morata got hurt. I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that Morata's injury cost us too much. They were totally dominating us with him on the pitch. 

So these are Conte's options. 

(1) Play 3-4-3 and go with Kante and Drinkwater with Hazard, Morata, Pedro/Willian

(2) Play 3-5-2 and go with  Drinkwater, Fabregas and Kante with Hazard and Morata.

I'm going with option (1) for the home tie and option (2) for the away tie. The 3-5-2 has run its course at home. We need to go 3-4-3 and try and make a statement at SB because we'll get nothing at Camp Nou. My worst fear is that this could be a repeat of the Chelsea v Man City tie at SB earlier in the season. Conte has so far shown to have serious problems against possession dominant teams. He's already said in the press conference we should be prepared to "suffer a lot" which says something about our probable approach.

In Barcelona's last game against Eibar, they were pressed very high up the pitch relentlessly which bothered them a lot. Conte's Chelsea doesn't press. We just sit back. We really should consider a high press and 3-4-3 gives us a better chance to press them more efficiently with an extra body in attack (Willian/Pedro) than a 3-5-2. 

The 3-5-2 also means that defensively, our main source of width, our fullbacks will get pinned back by Alba and Roberto.

I don't believe Conte is going to start Giroud in this game also. He will likely be used as  target man to come off the bench and give us a more direct option. 

I just hope Conte knows what he's doing. 

23 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I'm not sure what the disagreement is. They were controlling the game before Morata got hurt. I don't seem to remember anyone complaining that Morata's injury cost us too much. They were totally dominating us with him on the pitch. 

feel free to watch it again. There was nothing in the game until he got injured the best chances to score were Chelsea's as well...

https://weshare.me/5ffbe78392b5ee85/CHE-CITY_1st_half_ENG.mp4

According to mundo deportivo

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180220/44943335595/noticia-md-once-del-chelsea-con-willian-pedro-y-hazard.html

Line up is

Courtois, Moses, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Kanté, Fàbregas, Willian, Pedro Hazard

1 minute ago, FabHazard said:

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20180220/44943335595/noticia-md-once-del-chelsea-con-willian-pedro-y-hazard.html

Line up is

Courtois, Moses, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger, Marcos Alonso, Kanté, Fàbregas, Willian, Pedro Hazard

please no false 9....just play a striker in giroud or morata...

Line up is
Conte is paving the way for his exit if that has any truth

Just now, LAM09 said:
12 minutes ago, FabHazard said:
Line up is

If that is true I really don't think I can sit and watch the game.

Just now, LAM09 said:
13 minutes ago, FabHazard said:
Line up is

This line up can be wrong..It is just speculation....Fabregas in 2 man midfield worries me the most