• Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, iceboy said:

Shame. If this happen. Conte inviting the pressure.

You've got to be fucking kidding me! We have 2 strikers fit and healthy and Conte wants to play the false 9 again? What is he trying to get at? For an Italian, he sure seems to be taking this approach far too often. Even Guardiola doesn't do it as much with City! :rant:

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You've got to be fucking kidding me! We have 2 strikers fit and healthy and Conte wants to play the false 9 again? What is he trying to get at? For an Italian, he sure seems to be taking this approach far too often. Even Guardiola doesn't do it as much with City! :rant:

I don't read anything in that article that mention Hazard is going to play as false 9.

Just now, communicate said:

I don't read anything in that article that mention Hazard is going to play as false 9.

I didn't either and I thought it was just Matt Law writing rubbish but Guardian also reported that Conte might go with the false 9. So there may be some truth to it.

Time to post the team I would like to see tonight (already!!! big night). :P

Courtois

Azpi - Christensen - Rüdiger

Moses - Kante - Fabregas - Alonso

Willian - Giroud - Hazard

Tbh any kind of midfield we put out is going to be weak. Drinkwater or Fabregas? At home I'd take the risk and play Cesc, he isn't that bad defensively but granted he's slow. When we recover the ball and he can quickly spread accurate passes up front then it will make up for it, Drinkwater is lacking in that department. I don't envy Conte, but whatever he does I hope he doesn't play Hazard as striker and keeps Cahill on the bench.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Tbh any kind of midfield we put out is going to be weak. Drinkwater or Fabregas? At home I'd take the risk and play Cesc, he isn't that bad defensively but granted he's slow. 

I don't like playing Cesc n kante against Barca. Kante will have busy day stopping Messi and it will make Cesc cover the midfield by himself and we all know how slow he is. I will play 3 mod fab, kante and drink water. 

11 minutes ago, communicate said:

I don't like playing Cesc n kante against Barca. Kante will have busy day stopping Messi and it will make Cesc cover the midfield by himself and we all know how slow he is. I will play 3 mod fab, kante and drink water. 

With 3-5-2 we'll be toothless in attack. We don't really have ideal solutions whatever we go with, Barca will dominate either way.

Has anyone else got a runny botty? I get so mucj more nervous having to sit and watch it at home than being at the game. My neighbours going to be wondering WTF is going on in here tonight! but theyre used to me by now lol

I just hope we take it to them and we get the full of swag Eden turn up. I would go with a 343 with Giroud and Willi plus a Kante/Cescy CM.

And please please please no fuckin Cahill.

The starting XI selection for this game is a headache. Do you go with a 3-4-3 and leave yourself exposed against Barca's diamond midfield (not to mention choosing between the slow Fabregas vs the average Drinkwater to partner Kante), or do you go with a 3-5-2, but bench Willian who's in great form?

Tbh I'm leaning towards the latter. I think Barca will destroy us in the middle if we pair up Kante with Fabregas/Drinkwater. Messi drops deep a lot too, so they essentially play with 5 midfielders. 

I really can't see us overcome our weaknesses there. This season we always struggling against high pressing and Barca naturally pressing team. Alonso, Moses will sit deep and midfielders will have a hard time again. Hope I am wrong, this Barcelona is certainly beatable, but we need to play our best game.