• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Morata (sub)
    • Drinkwater (sub)

2 hours ago, FabHazard said:

The fact that our midfield options are Drinkwater and Bakayoko(injured) says a lot about the quality of this team .....Not to mention Fabregas with zero pace and defensive qualities....Our midfield is so weak compared to other top teams..

That's silly - without the curse of the gods, Barkley would be fit, and with him, our midfield turns utterly elite.

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christensen and Kante have to be on their absolut best. If they take Messi and Suarez out of the match we have a genuine chance at Stamford Bridge. Granted, that won´t be an easy task for both of them. I also want to see Giroud starting, because I think his physicality can get Pique into troubles. As it stands now he is the better choice than Morata, who doesn´t seem to be free in the head. 

Also, I expect a big performance from Eden Hazard. Now he can show the whole world that he is a top player. If he replicates his performances from the games against Atletico he is certain to harass the defence of Barca. A win by 1-2 goals would be absolutely amazing. 

9 minutes ago, Beigl said:

Christensen and Kante have to be on their absolut best. If they take Messi and Suarez out of the match we have a genuine chance at Stamford Bridge. Granted, that won´t be an easy task for both of them. I also want to see Giroud starting, because I think his physicality can get Pique into troubles. As it stands now he is the better choice than Morata, who doesn´t seem to be free in the head. 

Also, I expect a big performance from Eden Hazard. Now he can show the whole world that he is a top player. If he replicates his performances from the games against Atletico he is certain to harass the defence of Barca. A win by 1-2 goals would be absolutely amazing. 

I don't think Hazard will be able to replicate that performance simply because i don't think the team in general will be able to replicate the performance they had against Atletico.

We had 50 % of the ball in both Atletico games. There's no way we're gonna have that much possession against Barcelona. 30-40 % is more likely. That means less of the ball for Hazard and he'll probably have to go deeper to get it. 

I hope it's not the case but i'm expecting a team performance more similar to the one we had against Man City tbh. Pushed back into our own final third for most of the game. Getting pressed like crazy forcing us to hit rushed long balls.

With Hazard and Giroud/Morata feeding off of scraps up top. 

Yeah, the way our team and their team are set up at the moment, it'd be incredible for Hazard to simply have a really good game. If he's average or below, there better not be any comments about it: I've seen Messi fail against us, Ronaldo fail against nobodies, and Neymar + others fail every week in Ligue 1.

If the plan is to sit deep there's no point playing 352 - we have given up the ball and midfield anyway. 

Willian will be forced back to keep the numbers high but Willian is a boss at beating high press. Probably our best player. Beat 1 or 2 players (which he can in open field - especially against Barcas slow midfield - and the counter is on bitches)

3 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't think Hazard will be able to replicate that performance simply because i don't think the team in general will be able to replicate the performance they had against Atletico.

We had 50 % of the ball in both Atletico games. There's no way we're gonna have that much possession against Barcelona. 30-40 % is more likely. That means less of the ball for Hazard and he'll probably have to go deeper to get it. 

I hope it's not the case but i'm expecting a team performance more similar to the one we had against Man City tbh. Pushed back into our own final third for most of the game. Getting pressed like crazy forcing us to hit rushed long balls.

That City match wasn't just down to tactics. They started out pressing and taking it to City until Morata was injured. And as the match progressed, they just didn't have the stamina after playing Atletico the Wednesday before.

On Tuesday, the players should have enough rest, and hopefully no one gets injured early.

3 hours ago, Beigl said:

I think pace will give Pique more issues than strength. Although its an interesting one to see who starts, Giroud or Morata. 

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think pace will give Pique more issues than strength. Although its an interesting one to see who starts, Giroud or Morata. 

He's done quite well against Madrids various speed demons. Anyway, say he outpaces Pique, he don' expect Morata to bury his chances do we? Pressure is high and we need to bury the FEW chances we get. Morata doesn't spring to mind in that department. 

Giroud will make space for our real dangerman(s). Hazard and maybe Willian. 

In the percentage game, I think Giroud puts us in positions to score more often. Or to be more precise, puts our AM's in a position to score more often. 

I think Willian sholud play. After all this years being in the shadow of Eden, Costa and Fabregas, and not getting real recognition, he will have point to prove. He is not young anymore, he knows that there will be no many chances like this. He is in good form.

Also, it's real pitty that we will probably start with Drinkwater against bloody Barcelona.

5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

We will see, anything can happen. Barcelona isn´t that great on the ball anymore, they got into pressure multiple times this season, They aren´t that pressing resistent force which they used to be 5 years ago. Even Eibar were all over them yesterday. We can push them back if we play with great energy. 

As for the City game, we actually were on the front foot until Morata got injured and we started to park the bus.