Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona


Jase
 Share
Followers 1

Man of the Match  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Man of the Match

    • Courtois
      0
    • Moses
      0
    • Azpilicueta
      0
    • Christensen
      0
    • Rudiger
      0
    • Alonso
      0
    • Kante
      1
    • Fabregas
      0
    • Willian
      28
    • Hazard
      0
    • Pedro
      0
    • Morata (sub)
      0
    • Drinkwater (sub)
      0


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't think Hazard will be able to replicate that performance simply because i don't think the team in general will be able to replicate the performance they had against Atletico.

We had 50 % of the ball in both Atletico games. There's no way we're gonna have that much possession against Barcelona. 30-40 % is more likely. That means less of the ball for Hazard and he'll probably have to go deeper to get it. 

I hope it's not the case but i'm expecting a team performance more similar to the one we had against Man City tbh. Pushed back into our own final third for most of the game. Getting pressed like crazy forcing us to hit rushed long balls.

With Hazard and Giroud/Morata feeding off of scraps up top. 

 

That City match wasn't just down to tactics. They started out pressing and taking it to City until Morata was injured. And as the match progressed, they just didn't have the stamina after playing Atletico the Wednesday before.

On Tuesday, the players should have enough rest, and hopefully no one gets injured early.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Beigl said:

Christensen and Kante have to be on their absolut best. If they take Messi and Suarez out of the match we have a genuine chance at Stamford Bridge. Granted, that won´t be an easy task for both of them. I also want to see Giroud starting, because I think his physicality can get Pique into troubles. As it stands now he is the better choice than Morata, who doesn´t seem to be free in the head. 

Also, I expect a big performance from Eden Hazard. Now he can show the whole world that he is a top player. If he replicates his performances from the games against Atletico he is certain to harass the defence of Barca. A win by 1-2 goals would be absolutely amazing. 

I think pace will give Pique more issues than strength. Although its an interesting one to see who starts, Giroud or Morata. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think pace will give Pique more issues than strength. Although its an interesting one to see who starts, Giroud or Morata. 

He's done quite well against Madrids various speed demons. Anyway, say he outpaces Pique, he don' expect Morata to bury his chances do we? Pressure is high and we need to bury the FEW chances we get. Morata doesn't spring to mind in that department. 

Giroud will make space for our real dangerman(s). Hazard and maybe Willian. 

In the percentage game, I think Giroud puts us in positions to score more often. Or to be more precise, puts our AM's in a position to score more often. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Willian sholud play. After all this years being in the shadow of Eden, Costa and Fabregas, and not getting real recognition, he will have point to prove. He is not young anymore, he knows that there will be no many chances like this. He is in good form.

Also, it's real pitty that we will probably start with Drinkwater against bloody Barcelona.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't think Hazard will be able to replicate that performance simply because i don't think the team in general will be able to replicate the performance they had against Atletico.

We had 50 % of the ball in both Atletico games. There's no way we're gonna have that much possession against Barcelona. 30-40 % is more likely. That means less of the ball for Hazard and he'll probably have to go deeper to get it. 

I hope it's not the case but i'm expecting a team performance more similar to the one we had against Man City tbh. Pushed back into our own final third for most of the game. Getting pressed like crazy forcing us to hit rushed long balls.

With Hazard and Giroud/Morata feeding off of scraps up top. 

 

We will see, anything can happen. Barcelona isn´t that great on the ball anymore, they got into pressure multiple times this season, They aren´t that pressing resistent force which they used to be 5 years ago. Even Eibar were all over them yesterday. We can push them back if we play with great energy. 

As for the City game, we actually were on the front foot until Morata got injured and we started to park the bus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, manpe said:

What line-up are they likely to play?

           Ter Stegan

Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

           Sergio

    Paulinho Rakitic

         Iniesta

    Messi-Suarez

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

           Ter Stegan

Roberto-Pique-Umtiti-Alba

           Sergio

    Paulinho Rakitic

         Iniesta

    Messi-Suarez

far from frightening on paper. that offense is some great names but ageing and way over the hill. The rest of the team is rather ordinary. Not that we are any different but on a really good day we might have a chance. the only thing we really need to improve on is our finishing. If we get lucky and score from the few chances there is something in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To those wanting Morata to start ahead of Giroud because the former has more pace, worth remembering that we played a 34-year-old Drogba against Barcelona in 2012. Drogba wasn't exactly quick at that age but his holdup play was crucial. Giroud's could be key here to help us alleviate pressure and even win cheap fouls for us launch balls into their box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

People have already written us off for this, losing millions to nil at the bridge and then the same at away. Nothing to fear here, have a fucking go at these bastards and do what we do best, upset teams.

That's the thing we need to go for it. Not fuck around like did against Watford and that. We're capable of getting a result long as the occasion doesn't effect.. Which it shouldn't as its nothing not done before. N the team show up. I think we'll get something here.. Duno about the return but we have a chance. Hopefully they'll take it 

If we go into the return leg already truly beaten then that's shite

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jason said:

To those wanting Morata to start ahead of Giroud because the former has more pace, worth remembering that we played a 34-year-old Drogba against Barcelona in 2012. Drogba wasn't exactly quick at that age but his holdup play was crucial. Giroud's could be key here to help us alleviate pressure and even win cheap fouls for us launch balls into their box.

Exactly! People think that you need two or three fast attackers to launch a proper counter attacking option but do you remember Morata injury versus Manchester City? Willian came in and we were stuck in our own half without a proper target man to hold up the ball and link up with fast transitioning players :) 

I would put Giroud upfront with Willian and Hazard alongside to burst forward whenever possible :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jernej93 said:

Exactly! People think that you need two or three fast attackers to launch a proper counter attacking option but do you remember Morata injury versus Manchester City? Willian came in and we were stuck in our own half without a proper target man to hold up the ball and link up with fast transitioning players :) 

I would put Giroud upfront with Willian and Hazard alongside to burst forward whenever possible :) 

Players do miss chances but last thing we want in a game like this is to see Morata has another nightmare in front a goal like he did at Arsenal!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is that we are the underdogs here. And whenever we are the ones being written off against THESE bastards in particular, we tend to do well.

 

Let's make sure they have a bad night.:cig:

 

My heart says 2-1 to us. My gut says 2-2.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...