Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

FIFA spokesman on Chelsea FC transfer ban: “remaining in place during the appeal process is to be taken by the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee. Further, please understand that as a general rule we do not make comparisons with previous cases."

1 hour ago, manpe said:

I don't understand the logic. How can they enforce the punishment when the appeal hasn't been processed? The result could be that we are found innocent, but we would have then already served one transfer window punishment for nothing...

Exactly. This is just pure hate towards Roman. 

FIFA spokesman on Chelsea FC transfer ban: “remaining in place during the appeal process is to be taken by the chairman of the FIFA Appeal Committee. Further, please understand that as a general rule we do not make comparisons with previous cases."

So still we have the ban?

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I don't understand the logic. How can they enforce the punishment when the appeal hasn't been processed? The result could be that we are found innocent, but we would have then already served one transfer window punishment for nothing...

I'd be amazed if they did do this because they are essentially then suggesting the appeal will fail. If Chelsea served a ban and then were found innocent and cleared I would expect there to be a huge legal suit against fifa which they will not want to get drawn into.

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Not only this but we have a big tendency to overhype and over pay our yoof FAR too much too young (over to you @Fulham Broadway

It adds far too much pressure that is already on them.

I understand the reasons behind it happening. The few from the academy who DO make the 1st team, us wanting/needing new poster kids and to show that our academy works, to keep them at the club etc.

Gone are the days we can get these kids that drive to practice in quarter of a million quids worth of sports car to clean players boots with toothbrushes. They would turn round say fuck you and go straight to their solicitor, agent and sell their story to the Sunday papers.

IMO we need a world class ACM almost as much as we do a striker

Specials :D (am in Spain atm dodgy internet cant get youtube)

5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I got a cute bum I'm told  cc349c96389c77de1501b28ee7e736ff.gif

Was thinking of Thailand for a couple of weeks but need my tomato plants in first!

Seychelles FTW

Six Senses Zil Pasyon on Felicité (private island right next to La Digue):wub:

trust me

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Seychelles FTW

Six Senses Zil Pasyon on Felicité (private island right next to La Digue):wub:

trust me

Ain't got that dosh gal! d7a0b1bcc757c5b6f79c2c3db838f11a.gif and maybe a bit too posh for me. I

But talking about going to see my mate in Texas so its a toss up.

14 hours ago, Strike said:

eventually https://talksport.com/football/504337/fifa-chelsea-transfer-ban/ 

Chelsea may still be banned from making signings during appeals process.

I don't have any respect for fifa, although I disrespect them just a little less since the crook was booted out. I don't believe however that fifa are stupid enough, or brave enough if you prefer, to impose a ban before the appeal has been heard.

Given the multiple millions involved, how are fifa going to compensate Chelsea if they have already suffered a banning period, despite the punishment eventually being overturned? Granted, fifa is loaded but the people in charge are also greedy freeloading types who would hate to have to cutback and use mere 5 Star hotels because their organisation had to pay out a shed load of cash to The Blues. Even if the executives are 100% certain that the judgement will stand, I just don't think their lawyers would allow them to take that risk.

46 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't have any respect for fifa, although I disrespect them just a little less since the crook was booted out. I don't believe however that fifa are stupid enough, or brave enough if you prefer, to impose a ban before the appeal has been heard.

Given the multiple millions involved, how are fifa going to compensate Chelsea if they have already suffered a banning period, despite the punishment eventually being overturned? Granted, fifa is loaded but the people in charge are also greedy freeloading types who would hate to have to cutback and use mere 5 Star hotels because their organisation had to pay out a shed load of cash to The Blues. Even if the executives are 100% certain that the judgement will stand, I just don't think their lawyers would allow them to take that risk.

I think this was missed by many

it is not good news

Bodström had a reputation as very anti-Russian here too (I forgot to add that)

3 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

So still we have the ban?

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

Have no idea honestly. The interpretation of what they have said can be very different and until FIFA officially announce the definitive decision we can only speculate.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:53 PM, zekinjo said:

Have no idea honestly. The interpretation of what they have said can be very different and until FIFA officially announce the definitive decision we can only speculate.

We can still go over FIFA's head to some sports arbitration court, no? Can't trust FIFA to be unbiased in their decision making.