Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

I just wonder where this leaves us with Higuain and Kova. I think this stops us from registering NEW players, right? Kovačić and Higuain are already registered, so we just need to prolong their loans or buy them, no?

CLUB STATEMENT...

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2019/03/08/club-statement-

Chelsea Football Club is astonished by the FIFA Appeal Committee’s decision not to suspend its sanction pending completion of the appeal process. 

The club acted in accordance with the relevant regulations and has already notified FIFA of its intention to appeal against the Disciplinary Committee’s decision and sanction. As a matter of procedural fairness and equality of treatment, and Swiss law, the Club’s right to an appeal process must be afforded, before any irremediable sanction takes effect.

So far as the Club is aware, in all previous cases where a registration ban has been imposed by FIFA, a decision has also been made to suspend the sanction until the appeal process has been completed. In this case, Chelsea considers that it is being treated inconsistently in comparison with other European clubs.

We will consider our next steps once we have received the written reasons for this decision from FIFA. The Club notes the Appeal Committee’s statement that it has the right to appeal to CAS. In the meantime the Club will continue to fully cooperate with the proceedings.

Absolutely outrageous. Sounds like FIFA is trying to make a statement here. Completely inconsistent with what those other clubs went through.

What would even happen if the club just ignore the ruling and went about business as usual? Not like they'd kick us out of the PL or anything? 

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

Well this is definitely certain - if their clubs want them back, there's nothing we can do.

Higuain will go back to Juve only if there is better offer on the table for both sides (for example Liverpool coming in for him and want permanent deal so Juve and Gonzalo both like that), and I cannot see that happening.

So there is an agenda against Chelsea, confirmed. Treated differently from other clubs. Maybe we just refused to bribe the crooked fat cats at the top? I still don't understand how this would work legally if our appeal is successful in the end, they would need to compensate us outrageously.

2 hours ago, El P. said:

I just wonder where this leaves us with Higuain and Kova. I think this stops us from registering NEW players, right? Kovačić and Higuain are already registered, so we just need to prolong their loans or buy them, no?

I could be wrong but I don't think it works like this as the loan is a temporary registration for a set period of time. I would expect a new loan or permanent transfer would amount to a new registration being required.

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Fuck fifa bring James, Abraham batsman in the squad next season

If we get the shaft on the summer 2019 window, we may need Bakayoko (eeek) or Kenedy (meh, and not a good fit for Kovacic replacement) too. Either one of them or we will have to use Drinkwater (shoot me now).

If Luiz leaves we might have to recall Zouma or even promote Tomori.

scandalous,  a club like ours that has a ethical approach,  outstanding charitable owner ( supports many Russian and Israeli foundations) and is a beacon of fair play.

The Spanish clubs control UEFA and till we destroy their puppet control there will be no justice. 

31 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we get the shaft on the summer 2019 window, we may need Bakayoko (eeek) or Kenedy (meh, and not a good fit for Kovacic replacement) too. Either one of them or we will have to use Drinkwater (shoot me now).

If Luiz leaves we might have to recall Zouma or even promote Tomori.

Personally I think these should be the least of our worries. Yes next season our depth in our squad may look on the thin side but that is only because we may need to rely on some younger players to provide the depth and until we show that faith and trust in them we'll never know if they're good enough. However our first choice options in those areas I don't see as a downgrade. Kovacic already shares duties with Barkley as it is. Barkley has some flaws and still needs work tactically, but he has played far better and given a much better contribution than I expected of him last summer (was already prepared to write him off). As well as this, RLC deserves more opportunities and would be prepared to get them.

Similarly Christensen is a good enough player to take Luiz's place in the first team for the long term.

If it means the likes of Mount, Ampadu and Tomori being next in line in the squad next season then so be it. If they're not going to be given those opportunities now then they'll never be given them.

I'd still be inclined to let players such as Cahill leave at the end of their contracts and move on the likes of Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Morata and promote in mass because they won't be pushed straight into the side as first choices. 

The biggest worry for me is striker. Higuain won't be able to stay, Morata won't want to come back so we will be left with a choice of Batshuayi, Giroud and Abraham unless one of the attacking midfielders could be seen as an option there. I actually think CHO could potentially do a job in that position if the movement is fluent enough. However we'd have to rely on either two strikers who have already shown at Chelsea they aren't good enough to be first choice, or take the punt on Tammy. 

4 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Personally I think these should be the least of our worries. Yes next season our depth in our squad may look on the thin side but that is only because we may need to rely on some younger players to provide the depth and until we show that faith and trust in them we'll never know if they're good enough. However our first choice options in those areas I don't see as a downgrade. Kovacic already shares duties with Barkley as it is. Barkley has some flaws and still needs work tactically, but he has played far better and given a much better contribution than I expected of him last summer (was already prepared to write him off). As well as this, RLC deserves more opportunities and would be prepared to get them.

Similarly Christensen is a good enough player to take Luiz's place in the first team for the long term.

If it means the likes of Mount, Ampadu and Tomori being next in line in the squad next season then so be it. If they're not going to be given those opportunities now then they'll never be given them.

I'd still be inclined to let players such as Cahill leave at the end of their contracts and move on the likes of Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Morata and promote in mass because they won't be pushed straight into the side as first choices. 

The biggest worry for me is striker. Higuain won't be able to stay, Morata won't want to come back so we will be left with a choice of Batshuayi, Giroud and Abraham unless one of the attacking midfielders could be seen as an option there. I actually think CHO could potentially do a job in that position if the movement is fluent enough. However we'd have to rely on either two strikers who have already shown at Chelsea they aren't good enough to be first choice, or take the punt on Tammy. 

Agree with most, but Mount and perhaps Tomori do not look ready at all for first team, especially Mount. He is far too frail and will get bullied at EPL level.

He has regressed in play over the past several months judging off the games I have seen.

ONE goal since September, none this year.