Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

3 hours ago, Rmpr said:

It will tho, because it "looks good" to have an academy and UEFA/FIFA enforces them. I agree the system is broken, but it wont change unfortunately.

It's a fair point. In fact the first time I offered this opinion a few years ago, I thought that was the best argument given against it. It came from a poster, on another Chelsea forum, with the screen name Droy Was My Hero. Not you is it?

Of course its time we had a good look at our academy teams.

Its time to decide just what the best way to run it is to benefit the club not more so the 1st team.

The way we have been running it so far has not helped them very much at all. The loan system hasn't produced too many bright sparks and us cherry picking the odd one now and then from all the lads theres been really doesn't seem worthwhile.

Do we run the academy for the sake of the kids in it

Or to aid the 1st team?

7 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Even if the club can still trade in the summer, but with the ban still pending and potentially looming we're going to be seen as "easy pickings" for some clubs to bump their demands up if we're interested in their players.

We'll probably have to attempt to be a bit savvy where we can in the market - target release clauses, consider any buy back clauses we have on players, use some of the deadwood or loan brigade as bargaining chips to sweeten deals, etc.

True though as won't be spending for the next 2 windows.. Hopefully we can spend the money on players who are worth it. Assuming we get the summer. 

Can't say I'm shocked. We've been investigated before and had the van threat. Now to see what we do with who we have available.. 

Manager situation be intresting. Who will want to come should we sack again.  At same time Sarri won't get who he needs to implement his way. 

1 hour ago, Nicco said:

I'm happy with this actually. We know it will get delayed so we will have the summer to do business, if Roman doesn't do anything major we can safely say he doesn't give a fuck anymore.

Yes ultimate bluff call.

5 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

It's a fair point. In fact the first time I offered this opinion a few years ago, I thought that was the best argument given against it. It came from a poster, on another Chelsea forum, with the screen name Droy Was My Hero. Not you is it?

Not me. Only CFC forum I ever signed up is Talkchelsea. I used to post here a lot, do quite a bit of articles, became a mod and so on. But mid Mourinho crisis and Conte's arrival, real life happened and I slowly faded into oblivion hahaha

21 hours ago, gdlk said:

So Steve Holand will make Alonso-next Roberto Carlos and Azpi will be Canselo..  Higuain = Drogba and we will have in midfield Balack and Lampard... 

What we should be doing is like me buddy Mz @Vesper suggests and use Ballak as our DOF.

Was just saying in a diff thread that how important it is having a board and manager that get together and all work for the same thing.

But it also helps to have a DOF with a footballing background. Like Txiki at Shitty.

We have some busibess woman who loses us money that knows less than me about football trying to prove shes got a bigger pair of bollox than the men she goes up against.

It needs to change.

33 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

City is accused of bribbing Sancho's agent when they bought Sancho at age 14. See how City manage to avoid any punishment again.

Goes without saying mate.One law for some one for others.

I just imagine the FA general meetings showing Shitty and Victimpool vids and having a wankfest watching them.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

City is accused of bribbing Sancho's agent when they bought Sancho at age 14. See how City manage to avoid any punishment again.

I read reports that four other PL clubs are getting investigate by FIFA

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Shitty and PSG are in far more trouble (in theory) than even we are. They both falsified hundreds of millions in earnings to circumvent FFP.

We shall see what happens.

I am just glad we didn't get banned from Europe and also did not get 2 full years (4 windows) in transfer bans. If that had happened, and FIFA (which they will do anyway) rejected our appeal within weeks (that speed can occur) then we would have to doe a final appeal to the CAS. IF they also did an expedited rejection, then it would have been possible (and still could be a possibility) that we would have NOT been able to do anything this summer in terms of transfers.

That will be a a disaster, BUT imagine if it was for the 2 full years (4 windows) AND a 2 year Europe ban AND no summer 2019 window.

That would have destroyed the club for the next 3,4 years or so, especially if Eden and CHO leave.

Imagine a team for the next 2 and a half years of now well into their 30's players who already are shit.

Also (and this BETTER not happen) there is a good chance that we will now take away our rule on no multi-year contracts for 30yo and overs.

Say hello to years more of Azpi, Luiz, Higs, Willian, Pedro, (Alonso in a couple years), hell maybe even Cahill.

IF we do have a 2019 summer window, we HAVE to decide what we are going to do about Eden and CHO. If we refuse to sell them, they walk on frees in 15 months, AND we will have NO SUMMER 2020 transfer window to replace them (due to an extended appeal letting us have the 2019 window).

Big trouble ahead.

It isn't like many of us have not been warning on this, but as usual, normalcy bias, arrogance, and a lack of future-forward vision rules at board level.

It'll be overturned on appeal based on the fact the FA are also involved; if they want to be exonerated from any wrongdoing (ultimately it is they that register the players upon receiving the application from the member clubs) then they will take it to the court of arbitration for sport. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumbles on and we have the ban either reduced or suspended. 

However, if we are indeed suspended/banned, I can't wait to see FIFA throw the book at City and PSG. They'll probably get European bans and transfer embargoes.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Shitty and PSG are in far more trouble (in theory) than even we are. They both falsified hundreds of millions in earnings to circumvent FFP.

We shall see what happens.

I am just glad we didn't get banned from Europe and also did not get 2 full years (4 windows) in transfer bans. If that had happened, and FIFA (which they will do anyway) rejected our appeal within weeks (that speed can occur) then we would have to doe a final appeal to the CAS. IF they also did an expedited rejection, then it would have been possible (and still could be a possibility) that we would have NOT been able to do anything this summer in terms of transfers.

That will be a a disaster, BUT imagine if it was for the 2 full years (4 windows) AND a 2 year Europe ban AND no summer 2019 window.

That would have destroyed the club for the next 3,4 years or so, especially if Eden and CHO leave.

Imagine a team for the next 2 and a half years of now well into their 30's players who already are shit.

Also (and this BETTER not happen) there is a good chance that we will now take away our rule on no multi-year contracts for 30yo and overs.

Say hello to years more of Azpi, Luiz, Higs, Willian, Pedro, (Alonso in a couple years), hell maybe even Cahill.

IF we do have a 2019 summer window, we HAVE to decide what we are going to do about Eden and CHO. If we refuse to sell them, they walk on frees in 15 months, AND we will have NO SUMMER 2020 transfer window to replace them (due to an extended appeal letting us have the 2019 window).

Big trouble ahead.

It isn't like many of us have not been warning on this, but as usual, normalcy bias, arrogance, and a lack of future-forward vision rules at board level.

They didn't have a good reason to drop the year contracts until this. So they can now do it without showing big signs of backing down

I'm still a believer in the 1 year renewables to a large extent. It SHOULD give the plasyers incentive for keeping on his toes to fight for his spot.

And I do think that IF the player himself was confident enough in himself and his skills then he shouldn't be worried he would ne asked to sign another year.

But at the same time there may come a time when we want a 30+ to stay 3 years as it would give him and maybe the team confidence and settle them.

Its a hard one.

I think they should give contracts on merit. If someones good whatever their age they get what they deserve.

Wish we could pay them like that too.

8 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

They didn't have a good reason to drop the year contracts until this. So they can now do it without showing big signs of backing down

I'm still a believer in the 1 year renewables to a large extent. It SHOULD give the plasyers incentive for keeping on his toes to fight for his spot.

And I do think that IF the player himself was confident enough in himself and his skills then he shouldn't be worried he would ne asked to sign another year.

But at the same time there may come a time when we want a 30+ to stay 3 years as it would give him and maybe the team confidence and settle them.

Its a hard one.

I think they should give contracts on merit. If someones good whatever their age they get what they deserve.

Wish we could pay them like that too.

It isnt like we will break it to renew a 30yo HAZARD

it will be to renew asshats like LUIZ and WILLIAN:rant::rant::rant:

7 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

It'll be overturned on appeal based on the fact the FA are also involved; if they want to be exonerated from any wrongdoing (ultimately it is they that register the players upon receiving the application from the member clubs) then they will take it to the court of arbitration for sport. I wouldn't be surprised if this rumbles on and we have the ban either reduced or suspended. 

However, if we are indeed suspended/banned, I can't wait to see FIFA throw the book at City and PSG. They'll probably get European bans and transfer embargoes.

i think if we have gone to the CAS with what we believe to be evidence proving we did no wrong, itll get overturned/reduced.

you dont go to the CAS if you dont believe you have the necessary proof