Chelsea banned for TWO transfer windows

37 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Well if anyone but us is going to ........

And will keep them away from CHO - MAYBE.

Thats the main reason, plus, ffs, do NOT want Pepe in EPL unless he is wearing Chels Blue.

Pepe at Manure terrifies me. At Shitty too as they can then slot Bernardo Silva back to MF to replace the soon 34yo David Silva. Spuds or Arse and Pepe would be a nightmare too.

Toss him into Wolves and our discussion on them is even more tilted in my favour.

And to really think out of the box, place him as RW and Richarlson as LW and add a decent striker (say Haller or Plea) to Everton, add in some back 4 upgrades, and even they are now a much larger threat to our depleted, non-restocked squad. Especially if they get a better manager.

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Thats the main reason, plus, ffs, do NOT want Pepe in EPL unless he is wearing Chels Blue.

Pepe at Manure terrifies me. At Shitty too as they can then slot Bernardo Silva back to MF to replace the soon 34yo David Silva. Spuds or Arse and Pepe would be a nightmare too.

Toss him into Wolves and our discussion on them is even more tilted in my favour.

And to really think out of the box, place him as RW and Richarlson as LW and add a decent striker (say Haller or Plea) to Everton, add in some back 4 upgrades, and even they are now a much larger threat to our depleted, nin restocked squad. Especially if they get a better manager.

This ban couldn't have come at a worse time. Our player quality is already at its lowest for many years. It would have been difficult to inspire our board to upgrade in the amount we need to even without the ban.

I admit I'm very worried.

Just now, Unionjack said:

This ban couldn't have come at a worse time. Our player quality is already at its lowest for many years. It would have been difficult to inspire our board to upgrade in the amount we need to even without the ban.

I admit I'm very worried.

I have been warning of an utter lack of future forward thinking since I joined here. Now we will truly pay the price. I HATE reactivity as opposed to a pro-active stance.

One does NOT have to be a footie professional to have seen this trainwreck well in advance. Not just the bans either.

Who is going to be Jorginho's backup, as now we cannot buy Kovacic (or anyone else)??

here is every option I can think of

Kante? (we know that isnt going to happen as long as Sarri is here)

Drinkwater?, lolololol, but then again, maybe I shouldn't laugh

Barkley? I cannot see thsi at all, plus his passing is dodgy under pressure

RLC? nope, cannot see thsi either, plus he may be a winger AND AMF if we sell CHO and Eden

Bakayoko recalled? and Sarri has already written him off

Luiz? He is going to walk if we do not offer a multiyear contract (which we damn well better NOT do, as then the goddamn floodgates will open)

Ampadu? seems the most likely, BUT if Luiz walks we really need him at CB

Marco van Ginkel? IF he is recovered from that horrid injury he needs to be sold to PSV

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Who is going to be Jorginho's backup, as now we cannot buy Kovacic (or anyone else)??

RLC? nope, cannot see thsi either, plus he may be a winger AND AMF if we sell CHO and Eden

Luiz? He is going to walk if we do not offer a multiyear contract (which we damn well better NOT do, as then the goddamn floodgates will open)

Marco van Ginkel? IF he is recovered from that horrid injury he needs to be sold to PSV

I think drinkwater  :(

5 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

I think drinkwater  :(

this why Sarri's refusal to play youth is fucking us every which way now

Ampadu should have been also given much more minutes than he has been

fucking nightmare

Drinkwater will be a disaster

I have little faith Bakayoko can handle it either, very little

it is madness we have NO holding MFers in our major youth players we can call up

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this why Sarri's refusal to play youth is fucking us every which way now

Ampadu should have been also given much more minutes than he has been

fucking nightmare

Drinkwater will be a disaster

I have little faith Bakayoko can handle it either, very little

it is madness we have NO holding MFers in our major youth players we can call up

I think that sarri needs to make results now, and can't worry about to play youth or not. 

bakayoko and drink are more suitable to play in a 2-line midfield, so we will see 

this transfer ban is a huge problem, but I think it is also an opportunity to improve squad's spirit and to introduce in the first squad some good youth

44 minutes ago, Vesper said:

My pick is Van Ginkel. Not sure on which position but I think he's going to be important player for us next season. Too bad he's injury prone. He had amazing last season for PSV as captain scored around 15 goals and they won title over Ajax. I think he may surprise some of us. 

12 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

My pick is Van Ginkel. Not sure on which position but I think he's going to be important player for us next season. Too bad he's injury prone. He had amazing last season for PSV as captain scored around 15 goals and they won title over Ajax. I think he may surprise some of us. 

Until his injury, I thought if he was not sold he would get more than a little minutes for us. He is a pretty class player when (a huge problem) healthy.

16 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

So does this mean that there is absolutely nothing we can do so they postpone the ban and we can buy in the summer?

yes, summer 2019 is now a no go

only thing we can do is sell until summer 2020 (unless CAS reduces the ban to just summer 2019, and allows us to buy in January 2020, and even that may not happen in time, as FIFA can take a full 6 months to answer our appeal (so early September) and CAS will take a long time probably to look at our appeal, which kicks it past the winter window opening (hopefully not, but is a chance, and that also assumes CAS rules in our favour, which is not likely)

we can buy players and loan them back for the year, but that is a huge risk and also doesn't help unfuck us for the 2019-2020 season

Eden, Luiz, CHO and other players must be kept at any cost. Thats pivotal right now.

Hopefuly we can keep Higuain, I heard this is possible since we already have option to extend his loan for another year (unlike with Kovacic whose loan is set to end in summer). 

Recalling some players will be also important (Bats, Kenedy, Zouma,...)

One great thing out of all this could happen with youth players though. James, Mount, Tammy, Ampadu, CHO, Tomori, Salter, Aina seem to be ready for at least part roles in this crisis. Hopefuly we count on them and not the likes of Drinkwater. 

Dont forget Pulisic is also arriving. Im quite dissapointed we didnt sign Barella in january because Kovacic is now obviously not going to be bought and we will lack one midfielder.

IMO we wont be in title race, but we can use the season to set some key players for years to come. If we dont use young players next season, we never will. The club can shut down entire academy then.

I am way deep into doing legal research on this ruling atm

I think we MIGHT have a way out

we can go directly to CAS and dispute the non-delay of the ban (disputing the actual ban itself has to happen AFTER FIFA Appeals Committee rules on it)

trying to find the actual source document

I DID find something out that further makes me REALLY suspicious about this whole thing (in terms of going after Abramovich over Trump/Putin)

Not only is the chairman (the Swede Thomas Bodström) notoriously anti-Russian when he was in our government here

BUT

look at the Deputy Chairman of the bloody FIFA Appeal Committee

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/who-we-are/committees/committee/1882043/

Neil Eggleston

Warren Neil Eggleston (born July 5, 1953) is an American lawyer who served as the White House Counsel under President Barack Obama. Eggleston was the fourth person to hold this post during the Obama administration. He is a lifelong member of the Democratic Party.

FFS

He was THE White Counsel all the way until the end of the Obama administration and was KNEE DEEP in all the Russian shit going on with the yanks' elections in 2016. Massive axe to grind against Putin and all the Russian oligarchs who support him

I SO hope CAS overturns the non-deferral of the bans.

LOLOL, when I said (multiple times over the past year plus) that we were by far the most complicated major club in world football in terms of massive issues at a plethora of disparate levels and angles, I had NO idea it would get THIS crazy this fast:(

we are a spinning top headed right off the bloody table

IF we do get CAS to defer the bans

then this summer we simply MUST liquidate all potential issues (CHO, Eden, Willian, ALL the major loan army players (the ones who actually were first teamers) plus ALL deadwood

and go on a truly massive spree to reinforce and rebuild and upgrade as the next TRUE window will not happen until JULY 2021!!! (we all know January windows are shit)

IF Roman and the puppets do not do this, then you know for sure the fix is fucking in from both outside and inside

there is ZERO chance we can do nothing or very little and play 4 3 3 Sarriball with who we have atm

if we do not get the summer 2019 window, we simply have to change formation, as we will not have a true backup for Jorginho and we will be stuck with so much dregs

if Sarri refuses, then at that point he HAS to go, as if no 2019 summer window, we simply wont have the players his system dictates we need (especially if we sell multiple wingers and if no Higs)

I also think, even if no summer 2019 window, the board will dump some or all of 3 wingers who will walk on frees in 2020

also, losing Luiz will further hurt the vertical Sarriball game. That said, we cannot break the 30-something no multiyear contract rule with him as then we are going to create large potential blowback with the other players who are nearing or over 30. Look, for instance at Willian himself. Giroud may bish (and if no Higs he has far more leverage) Pedro too, etc. Also, from a future forward perspective, we would be setting ourselves up for further, down the road troubles.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Just puzzles me that there even is a second time! Why weren't things learnt or did they think be above it all

More like the latter. 

That's why the move by FIFA was right thing to do.