N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

This guy is going to have a world class season. He has improved every season his been with us and I am pretty confident he will score at least 8 goals for us this season.He was only in the team for 20 min on Tuesday night but I was so impressed by his movement and how much he brings a sense of calm to our team. 

This season could be when he establishes himself as a true B2B midfielder, not 'only' a destroyer who occasionally runs up. I believe this guy's ceiling and what he could do is even better than what we've seen so far. He has everything for it, one thing he hasn't had is a team that would play him this way.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/aug/10/maurizio-sarri-need-time-to-transform-chelsea

That should eventually be achieved. So, too, will familiarity with the style as 3-4-3 becomes 4-3-3, with Jorginho, one who has seen this all before, conducting the tempo from the centre. It will take time for the squad to crack the system. Players are readjusting in terms of their positions, with centre-halves restored to a back four and Kanté, a World Cup winner, now flanking a creative midfield anchor and charged with a more attacking brief.

“In training he has tried to explain to me how we play, but I will understand more in a few weeks with more sessions and games,” said the Frenchman, who lined up alongside Jorginho for the first time in Tuesday’s goalless friendly with Lyon. “It will take time. But yes, it could be more attacking for me. I was a little bit more offensive than last season. But that is something I used to play at my old club, Caen. I like it.” One slide-rule pass by Jorginho for Kanté to collect on the gallop caught the eye in midweek, even if Anthony Lopes blocked at the Frenchman’s feet. There was promise in that glimpse of a partnership.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

One game in and Kante has already matched his league goal tally from last season. :lol:  Should/Might get a few more goals in Sarri's system.

He scored one goal in each of his last 3 seasons I think. Let's see if he can double it this season :P

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

He scored one goal in each of his last 3 seasons I think. Let's see if he can double it this season :P

If we're counting league, then yes. 1 in 15/16, 16/17 and 17/18.

If overall, then he actually scored 2 in 2016/17 - both against United. 

Just when I thought I couldn't love the wee baldy man any more. Would do my head in if Sarri gets him scoring goals too!!

N'Golo Kante interview: Chelsea midfielder talks World Cup 2018 glory and his aims for new season

“Whatever you did in the past is quickly forgotten. We all have to go again and prove we are worthy of our ­position. So, yeah, hopefully, I am able to do that again.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ngolo-kante-insists-world-cup-13082390

20 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Just when I thought I couldn't love the wee baldy man any more. Would do my head in if Sarri gets him scoring goals too!!

N'Golo Kante interview: Chelsea midfielder talks World Cup 2018 glory and his aims for new season

“Whatever you did in the past is quickly forgotten. We all have to go again and prove we are worthy of our ­position. So, yeah, hopefully, I am able to do that again.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ngolo-kante-insists-world-cup-13082390

Don't think I've ever seen a more humble and down-to-earth footballer than Kante.