N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

The players have not been that good around him but also Kante has not been that imposing as he used to be as well. I mean I was watching Dembele against Arsenal and United. The way he controls the game because of his technical skills, strength is just amazing. We have no players like that. Gone are the days where we had that physically imposing team that opposition are scared to come across and no on in our team has that ability to shield the ball and dictate play. Man, I have always rated Dembele so highly but how we would improve if we had someone like him next to Kante.
Matic filled that role when he rejoined. Shame it was only a honeymoon period

• 2 weeks later...

Masterclass in how to effect the game off the ball. Really good performance, read the game extremely well. Just wish he could develop some sort of final third threat (long shots, final through balls particularly). 

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Very good performance bar first 20 mins where Barca absolutely piled the pressure on. Top class player.

I love how he's so quick and agile that he's able to take a nip for the ball, but still get right back in to position if he doesn't get it.  I thought that quality was at its best on Tuesday night.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Styles said:

Shut him down for the season. Kante's health is more important than anything. Fuck man, this whole season is an absolute nightmare.

If he's good to go next week he should play, but I definitely wouldnt bring him out there this weekend.

Fainting is always a weird thing. Sure it could be anything, but if he wasn't feeling well 2 days after that raises major flags.

7 hours ago, Styles said:

Shut him down for the season. Kante's health is more important than anything. Fuck man, this whole season is an absolute nightmare.

Fainting could be caused by a number of things. Once he feels better he should be fine. 

LONDON EVENING STANDARD

N'Golo Kante has little interest in leaving Chelsea for Paris Saint-Germain in the summer.

Just need to hear Hazard has little interest in leaving for anybody !

7 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Kind of a random thought, but anyone else think Kante could do a job at fullback or wingback if we absolutely needed it? 

Just a simple talking point.

Mmm maybe a stretch his crossing and passing would be his achilles heel i feel in that position , could see him do a job rb or lb in a flat 4 if needs be 

23 hours ago, Kieran. said:

Kind of a random thought, but anyone else think Kante could do a job at fullback or wingback if we absolutely needed it? 

Just a simple talking point.

Defensively? Probably, yeah.

Offensively? No, absolutely not. While Kante's technical abilities might me a bit underrated he simply doesn't have the creativity and vision to play out wide.