The Conte Thread

The good thing for Conte I guess is the priority is top 4 these days. Anything else is a bonus. The board can have no complaints whatsoever with a top 4 finish. We have no business fighting for the title this season. 

So what the board set forth was top 4 according to our netspend in the market. Our ambition these days is Arsenal-esque. Top 4 and try for a domestic cup. I'm already well prepared for that reality. 

Actually, Conte was pretty great with his decisions past weeks. Today he made some mistakes, did everything he could to fix them already at the half time. Seriously, I won't ask much more than that, especially when I see our flawed players and retarded board.

48 minutes ago, iceboy said:

14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The good thing for Conte I guess is the priority is top 4 these days. Anything else is a bonus. The board can have no complaints whatsoever with a top 4 finish. We have no business fighting for the title this season. 

So what the board set forth was top 4 according to our netspend in the market. Our ambition these days is Arsenal-esque. Top 4 and try for a domestic cup. I'm already well prepared for that reality.

Ever since we won the Double back in 2010, we have seen our title challenge gone out of the window before January in a number of seasons, which is quite embarrassing. 2010/11, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2015/16 and now 2017/18. That's FIVE seasons out of EIGHT.

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Actually, Conte was pretty great with his decisions past weeks. Today he made some mistakes, did everything he could to fix them already at the half time. Seriously, I won't ask much more than that, especially when I see our flawed players and retarded board.

Every time when we lose, I see Conte get all the blame. Is that always the case though? Don't see the players - as a collective unit - get blamed as much as Conte here some times.

14 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The moment this summer window shut, I know that we have very little chance competing for title. We basically only add zapp and drinkwater to a flawed squad of last season. The rest are kinda replacement for player that left or sold.

Our biggest need this season is WB. That is so obvious from last season yet we  only signed Zappacosta. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

The moment this summer window shut, I know that we have very little chance competing for title. We basically only add zapp and drinkwater to a flawed squad of last season. The rest are kinda replacement for player that left or sold.

Our biggest need this season is WB. That is so obvious from last season yet we  only signed Zappacosta. 

Spot on...I find it difficult to comprehend why TC members fancy our chances...we had piss poor summer transfer window... Just hope the board all get it right in January so we can add 2 or 3 quality players ....hoping we have strong end of this campaign...

I braced myself for an up and down season once I knew we had very little world class quality coming in. You cannot expect to keep adding 'decent' squad options and hope for Conte to perform some kind of miracle again and get the title.

I guarantee in January one of the Manchester clubs will get Alex Sandro, and do it with ease. How? By paying exactly what is asked. Meanwhile we will be looking in the bargain bin of Europe once again, and I'm thinking it will be another Interim manager after Christmas.

Feel free to prove me wrong CFC. I'm just a tiny bit disillusioned by the running theme.

I love Conte, I would 100 percent stick with him, the problem being and we all know this, he wasn't backed.

I hope to fuck the fact Emenalo has gone changes this, he's the man I want to take this club forward.

Chelsea missed out on summer transfer targets because they feared Antonio Conte would be gone by next season

Conte’s position has been subject to much speculation since July when he agreed to a pay-rise but, crucially, did not extend his contract, which expires in 2019.

And Standard Sport understands two players - who we have decided not to name - chose not to move to Stamford Bridge due to concerns over Conte’s long-term future.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-missed-out-on-summer-transfer-targets-because-they-feared-antonio-conte-would-be-gone-by-a3715831.html?__twitter_impression=true

Chelsea is good for 3 to 5 in the premier league as I said in early November. Chelsea is going to lose to Barcelona. Alonso must go -Ever see him dribble past an opponent to score or set up others ?  Cahill can only be back up defender , can hardly pass the ball right.  Fabergase is out too. Yes, no doubt he can pass the ball acurrately , ever see him dribble past opponent ? Thibaut Coutios must go unless he sign a new contract. Very demoralising to the team . Mitchy Bat must go ,not consistance at all. BAKAYOKO is a big flop. A lost sheep most of the time.

2 hours ago, ccheongf said:

Chelsea is good for 3 to 5 in the premier league as I said in early November. Chelsea is going to lose to Barcelona. Alonso must go -Ever see him dribble past an opponent to score or set up others ?  Cahill can only be back up defender , can hardly pass the ball right.  Fabergase is out too. Yes, no doubt he can pass the ball acurrately , ever see him dribble past opponent ? Thibaut Coutios must go unless he sign a new contract. Very demoralising to the team . Mitchy Bat must go ,not consistance at all. BAKAYOKO is a big flop. A lost sheep most of the time.

I agree mate and I hate to say it but there is a lot of things to learn from this season's Manchester City. 

The Mancini and Pellegrini era - there is nothing special about it - but the current Man City are a perfect example of how football should be played and how things should be done in the transfer market.

They replaced the two buffoons Hart and Bravo with a young, modern and very good GK, Ederson.

They needed full backs urgently to replace old timers Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov.

Lost some attacking players Iheanacho, Nolito, Navas, Bony - had to bring somebody and went on to buy Bernardo Silva.

99 out of 100 managers would think a midfield of David Silva and De Bruyne is unbalanced because there is no big lamp post like Matic or Fellaini there, nor a headless chicken like Ander Herrera to chase every player's ankle like it is a personal trophy. Not for Guardiola though.

They are playing beautiful football and breaking records because they are that good.

Part of me hates it because it's Man City doing these sort of stuff instead of Chelsea, but the other part is glad because there is finally somebody to completely destroy the myth that in England you cannot play this sort of football.

They did not penny pinch in the transfer market and got their transfers done the first time asking.

We need to be clever in the summer and get our transfers done early. Identify the positions and players we need and get it done fast. No more Zappacostas and Drinkwaters.

Azpilicueta, Christensen, Kante, Hazard and Morata should be the only outfield players to remain in the starting line-up. Others need to be replaced and have on the bench or sold.

Do we want to compete with the big clubs? Then must bring two top full backs, two top midfielders, one top centre back and one top winger at least. If not we'll be watching City turning this into Scottish PL until Guardiola gets bored and leave.