The Conte Thread

It was lose-lose, this handshake.

Act all friendly, shake his hand with generosity, and be considered fake. 

or

Don't shake his hand with passion, be considered a dick.

Personally, after the back and forth bits between the 2, I'd feel odd to see a regular handshake. It wouldn't happen in real life. You're teaching kids fantasies, which'll be harshly broken, if you insist these managers must always show a pristine level of respect for eachother. 

Just now, Jason said:

Conte's reputation just got a big boost after Ventura's failure with Italy.

Still shocked that he didn't bring on let alone start his best attacking player in Insigne! Deserves to be slapped by the entire Italian population for that shocker of a team selection.

So, when was the last time Italy were not in the WC? 50 years ago? How long until we see another rumors how Comte was devastated watching Italy get knocked out, that he can't wait to go back to manage the NT?

2 hours ago, Ledgi said:

So, when was the last time Italy were not in the WC? 50 years ago? How long until we see another rumors how Comte was devastated watching Italy get knocked out, that he can't wait to go back to manage the NT?

Soon....watch out...it won't be long...

I agree with @kellzfresh. I would add the fact that our three best players have been injured at some point this season so far. We couldn´t cope with Hazards injury and lacked a lot of attcking quality in the first few games without him. I bet we wouldn´t have lost to Burnley with him on the field. 

Also, its laughable that the media slated Conte and Chelsea for having a nightmare of a season so far, but ignoring the fact that we are only one point shy of their beloved darlings. 

23 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Looking at the table, the only major blip we had was losing to crystal palace. Our other losses were understandable( We had a red card at burnley, Mancity were better than us) if we won palace, we would have had 25 points, comfortably second and well in the title race (6 points behind) waiting for mancity to lose some form (they've already hit their peak performance wise and can only go down from here) 

But 9 points is a little bit far, unless something dramatic happens (like another 13 match winning streak) But Conte has done well overall, contrary to what the media wants to portray. 

Completely agree for me the roma perfomance both away and home and that palace game were horrible other than that we have done ok.

11 hours ago, Jason said:

"Conte doesn't have a plan B" they said. The 3-5-2 has been superb. Bakayoko's movement and dynamism occupies a lot of space in attack leaving Hazard and Fabregas with more to do. In many ways I'd argue we're actually playing with a midfielder diamond with Hazard dropping back. Good to know that Conte has realized we were having a very diffucult time controlling the middle of the pitch.

Win against Liverpool and the next 8 fixtures or so all look winnable as well. Starting to look good for the 'chaos' team.

We're going in the right direction with Conte. Leaving the on field performance alone, under him we have got some good players like Kante, Bakayoko, Morata or Rudiger. We might need to replace Alonso and Zappa but it's not his fault the board couldn't deliver. If he leaves I fully expect us to go backwards again, if he stays next summer he will continue to pressure our board for good players, watching Sandro playing half arsed I think he is as good as ours if Conte stays, same goes for a top class RW/ST coming next season.