The Conte Thread

Conte biggest test will be his game against Barcelona.

Anyway, I've heard somewhere that Conte is not really that different from Mourinho, even though we don't like to admit it. This season I'm pretty convinced about that. Conte is what Mourinho is today. Good but predictable manager in terms of tactics, and creating unnecessary controversies off the pitch.

Someone else is needed next season.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:34 AM, Special Juan said:

I love Conte, I would 100 percent stick with him, the problem being and we all know this, he wasn't backed.

I hope to fuck the fact Emenalo has gone changes this, he's the man I want to take this club forward.

This is a weak excuse. We spent over $200 million over the summer. We should in no way or means be losing to West Ham, Palace and Burnley the squad we have is good enough to beat those teams. 

1 minute ago, Vybzkartel said:

This is a weak excuse. We spent over $200 million over the summer. We should in no way or means be losing to West Ham, Palace and Burnley the squad we have is good enough to beat those teams. 

The fact of football is you will lose at some point, the main point is player quality and identification was miles off again and the real targets we couldn't get. Drinkwater and Zappacosta were bought, I'm sorry but there is no chance in hell they were main primary targets, these came on the back of knock back from other targets.

Of course we should be beating those teams but there is also another issue here, the intensity of the current campaign is taking it's toll, players like Alonso have zero competition, we bought an injured Drinkwater so that's two players to add to an already thin squad. Players are getting tired, you then need very good quality infills, just look at City, fully prepared for every campaign.

Fact of the matter and this football climate, penny pinching will find you out, because when the heat of the CL really starts kicking in and the PL title race hots up, these so called 'stop gaps' get exposed.

3 hours ago, Styles said:

Hopefully gone in the summer. Outdated tactics, no vision and rubbish in the transfer market.

Come on mate, where the hell is this coming from?

Normally i wouldn't even bother responding to such a post, but i remember you being one of the top posters in the forum.

I am not criticizing you for not liking Conte, you have every right to believe whatever you want. But accusing him of something as ridiculous as that defies any logic.

4 hours ago, Styles said:

Hopefully gone in the summer. Outdated tactics, no vision and rubbish in the transfer market.

Outdated tactics? 

He is the best manager in the prem. 

He broke records and almost broke the record for most points in a season with the team we had last season... Is there anyone on here that can actually look at our team last season and think they are capable of that? 

He needs to be given the players he requires. The fact he made it work last season was amazing, and deserves far more credit than he gets. He actually had pundits talking about players like Alonso and Cahill being some of the best in their positions in the league... lol. 

I really don't see what the hold up is in getting the players we need. Invest in a solid left wingback (Sandro), and two wingers such as Lemar and Martins, and we've fixed a large majority of the issues we have. Throw in a decent ball playing mid, and it really starts to get easier.  Splash out a little now, and save for the future. These are all young and bright talents who are already good enough to win now. 

Chelsea has been keeping the same style of play. Before Mourinho, Mourinho era and now Conte era. Keeping possession, slow in build up, too sysmatically build up.  Well, keeping possession is good but  should be turned to quick attack. Slow build up approach ,rigid formation etc , All these caused  element of surprises in attack all gone and give ample time for opponents to be ready, that why most of the players seemed lost and rooted to its spots. Why City is so good thiz season ,you see all players running into open space so can pass the ball and be near to players to receive and help the player. They dnt get rooted in fixed position. THE COACH CONTE , SHOULD STOP GIVING TOO MANY DIRECTIONS AT THE SIDELINE DURING GAMES. GIVING every single DIRECTION  which is TELECASTED LIVE SHOWED HOW BAD A PLAYER IS at following directions of game plan.  This gives pressure to the players. I  THINK CONTE should SIT DOWN and let  THE PLAYERS  play football.

13 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I agree mate and I hate to say it but there is a lot of things to learn from this season's Manchester City. 

The Mancini and Pellegrini era - there is nothing special about it - but the current Man City are a perfect example of how football should be played and how things should be done in the transfer market.

They replaced the two buffoons Hart and Bravo with a young, modern and very good GK, Ederson.

They needed full backs urgently to replace old timers Zabaleta, Sagna, Clichy, Kolarov.

Lost some attacking players Iheanacho, Nolito, Navas, Bony - had to bring somebody and went on to buy Bernardo Silva.

99 out of 100 managers would think a midfield of David Silva and De Bruyne is unbalanced because there is no big lamp post like Matic or Fellaini there, nor a headless chicken like Ander Herrera to chase every player's ankle like it is a personal trophy. Not for Guardiola though.

They are playing beautiful football and breaking records because they are that good.

Part of me hates it because it's Man City doing these sort of stuff instead of Chelsea, but the other part is glad because there is finally somebody to completely destroy the myth that in England you cannot play this sort of football.

They did not penny pinch in the transfer market and got their transfers done the first time asking.

We need to be clever in the summer and get our transfers done early. Identify the positions and players we need and get it done fast. No more Zappacostas and Drinkwaters.

Azpilicueta, Christensen, Kante, Hazard and Morata should be the only outfield players to remain in the starting line-up. Others need to be replaced and have on the bench or sold.

Do we want to compete with the big clubs? Then must bring two top full backs, two top midfielders, one top centre back and one top winger at least. If not we'll be watching City turning this into Scottish PL until Guardiola gets bored and leave.

I complained about our transfer spending but at the same time I have no idea about our financial situation. I don't think our board is that stupid regarding finding player that we want.

We were interested in walker, Conte said so on one of the interview, but city bought him for 50m. I'll be surprised if we don't at least ask for Mendy but again he went to city for 53. Maybe we can get Danilo, this I have no clue why. But we actually have a chance to get ox but for some I have no reason why he decided to play backup winger for Liverpool rather than be the starting wb for Chelsea that I don't know. That is why we signed zap in deadline day. 

If city and united keep spending like this there is no way we can compete year after year, that is a fact. I was already afraid last year when both teams were spending big last summer and again this summer without having to sell anybody significant. 

People say Conte need to go because his football is outdated  then who replace him? If you want us to play like a pool maybe get sari from Napoli but again Liverpool haven't won anything under klopp. If you want us to play like city then we need to sell all of our midfield including Kante, bakayoko because they are not good enough on the  ball. 

10 hours ago, Styles said:

It was indeed a flop show in the transfer market this term, but how is that down to Conte? (barring the Costa debacle of course, and I know you're no fan of Diego)

People are only saying what they are saying about Conte because of what Pep is doing at City right now. 

Soo quick to forget this guy won us the title in his first season ffs and we are currently sitting 3rd behind two clubs who were strengthened tenfold in the summer. I'd say he is doing pretty fucking well. Especially with the donkeys at his disposal.

If only this man received as much faith from Chelsea board, as Pep from m city's one, I believe the club would have been in better position in the table now and a lot of people who doesn't know what exactly to say, but still come here and criticize him, would have stayed quiet.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this guy will stay for much longer if the board doesn't change it's work and try harder to bring in his targets. They can change that a bit, if they manage to bring at least new world class LWB in the winter, we are in desperate need of one and if they don't do it, I can't see Alonso playing on high level in March when we have CL and big games in PL.

Another reason don't want him to leave, is that I don't see anyone who can succeed him and make us better, we need someone like Ferguson to make miracles every year and win titles with players like Cahil, Alonso, Moses etc.

33 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

If only this man received as much faith from Chelsea board, as Pep from m city's one, I believe the club would have been in better position in the table now and a lot of people who doesn't know what exactly to say, but still come here and criticize him, would have stayed quiet.

Unfortunately, I don't believe this guy will stay for much longer if the board doesn't change it's work and try harder to bring in his targets. They can change that a bit, if they manage to bring at least new world class LWB in the winter, we are in desperate need of one and if they don't do it, I can't see Alonso playing on high level in March when we have CL and big games in PL.

Another reason don't want him to leave, is that I don't see anyone who can succeed him and make us better, we need someone like Ferguson to make miracles every year and win titles with players like Cahil, Alonso, Moses etc.

He wanted Candreva, wanted Bonucci instead of Christiansen. I am behind the board dude always makes average signings even from his time from Juve. Pep is signing youngsters with a long term view Conte does not believe in youth. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you know Conte wanted Bonucci over Christensen? How do you know he didn't want Christensen to begin with? What if Rudiger was the second choice option after Bonucci?

Exactly. In ideal scenario, Conte wanted Bonucci and Christensen as a back up. Why would anyone want to add 20-yo in our unstable defense? He wanted Bonucci, and rightly so. Christensen turned out to be all right, but Bonucci is still top top class defender and our defense would be on another level with him.

Conte never would've brought the likes of Rudiger, Baka, Drinkwater to Juventus. I hope that much is clear.

CFC wanted Rudiger from 2013/2014. CFC wanted another English player. Baka move was the Baka move.

Personally, i don't at all consider any of these to be the manager's signings. I only consider Zappa to be one. and Morara when eventually we had no other options.