The Conte Thread

Normally I don't think it's a huge deal for a manager to be in the stands. Conte is maniacal in his instructions from the touchline, though. Literally screaming at players telling them exactly where he wants them. So yeah, this could have an actual effect on the game.

Things are going pretty well, considering our squad and that bad start to the season.

Finally we saw Rudiger - Christensen - Azpi starting, and he played Drinkwater from the start instead of Bakayoko. Hope Rudiger will slowly fade out Cahill to the bench and hope Drinkwater will play from start until Bakayoko improves. Our last season first XI squad in fact is totally reshaped. No more Luiz, Matić, Pedro nor Diego Costa. Cahill and Rudiger sharing the spot. Fabregas starter. And it looks good.

I am very pleased with his work. He may not be reacting very fast, but he always reacts, this game or another.

We won't ever catch City, nor we need to. We've won title last year, let's keep on building! If we continue with improving, we'll have less work in the market.

Agree with EI P. The club has replaced 3 relatively old players in the starting lineup with younger players who will likely be around to form the core of the team for years to come. 

Morata for Costa. 9 goals, holding up well in his first season, without backup as well. Would love a target striker to rotate him with. 

Bakayoko for Matic. Shined in their 1v1 duel in the United game but still finding his feet. I think Matic was a more reliable option here and could have been kept around for another season when Bakayoko settled, especially without having signed a replacement and having to splash the cash on Drinkwater. 

Christensen replaced Luiz. Rudiger is also rotating with Gary Cahill. Not exactly rock solid but I think the defense of Azpilicueta Christen Rudiger - with the right wing backs and Kante in front of them will be impregnable. 

Few more players need replacing/competition. Alonso, Moses, Cesc, Pedro and Willian. But this season, in spite of dropping to third in the league, is a step in the right direction. Conte is doing an admirable job of the transition. 

Conte has finally settled down the team. He takes time but eventually gets it right, hes found a way to get our three most creative players on the pitch (fabregas, hazard, morata) without hampering the shape of the team. 

But we have some areas of improvements we should treat, Wingbacks and Box to box midfielder. The 3-5-2 means the wingbacks are the only people that provide width for the team, it means if they arent quality, we have no quality on our wings. We've all been disappointed in Zappacosta, but see how an above average player in moses improves the right wing by his presence and dribbling style. Just imagine if we had genuine quality on both flanks, especially the Left wingback position. Conte saw this and wanted sandro, who can dribble, cross, defend better and is  faster than what we have but our board couldn't pull through.  

Hopefully we can improve the quality just like Mancity have so that we don't get left behind quality-wise.

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

I just came here to appreciate that now we have a manager, who isn´t afraid to play good football against a top team. In both games against Atletico we were the far better side and yesterday only our abysmal finishing prevented us from winning by atleast three goals. I know we were weaker when we played Atletico in 2014, but it´s good to see that the days when we had 7 defenders in the starting XI to paper over the managers deficits are gone. 

Not only against Atletico either. This season we have been making good chances. All our games this season that we have lost/drawn could have been victories if the players really took their chances, and yes I am taking the Roma 3-0 into account here.

29 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Not only against Atletico either. This season we have been making good chances. All our games this season that we have lost/drawn could have been victories if the players really took their chances, and yes I am taking the Roma 3-0 into account here.

except City...... 

15 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I hope Conte leaves at the end of this season. The team isn't going nowhere as long as he is the manager. He was the right man to bring stability back, but he is not he man to bring the team to the next level. 

I totally agree. Abramovič is the man who should bring this team to the next level, not Conte.

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

I hope Conte leaves at the end of this season. The team isn't going nowhere as long as he is the manager. He was the right man to bring stability back, but he is not he man to bring the team to the next level. 

Who will do it?