The Conte Thread

20 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I have never before been demotivated for a season before it's begun, but if a Carlo returns coincides with Hazard leaving, i'd find it seriously hard to keep that record up.

I've seen fans on Twitter wanting him back because we apparently played attacking football under him. :doh: Those 4 games where we scored 7+ goals have really brainwashed people.

Is it TC discussion or media reports about conte going cos at this point the right calibre of players we need to sign to be dominating as a team is all we to discuss not sacking or conte going.....However if and if the board refuse to sign him the right targets starting from January window...I pray and hope he walks away at the end of the season...cos he deserves better than our piss poor amateur board...

5 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

Last season we were high praise and didin't want him gone ever. Club doesn't support him with right transfers coupled with poor results and we want him out.

Who on here wants him out other than Styles and Henrique?

5 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

Is it TC discussion or media reports about conte going cos at this point the right calibre of players we need to sign to be dominating as a team is all we to discuss not sacking or conte going.....However if and if the board refuse to sign him the right targets starting from January window...I pray and hope he walks away at the end of the season...cos he deserves better than our piss poor amateur board...

There is absolutely no surprise that Pep is grinning like a Cheshire Cat right now.

Last night conducting the orchestra of City fans chanting his name for 3 minutes at the end. Not to mention they are running away with the league, but in all of this there is something even more simpler as to why he's as excited as dog with a line of trees and belly full of piss.......He's being backed and getting exactly the players he wants, and needs. There is no coincidence in what's happening at City right now, they are strangling everyone else because at the fore-front of their philosophy is a simple analogy 'Do whatever it takes'

I love Conte, problem is the board don't have 'Do whatever it takes' approach and it's a crying shame for both Conte and the fans. Antonio is sick as fuck, you can see that in his face, he isn't receiving the backing he needs and it's quite frankly shite.

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

If Conte remains next season a drastic change in pre season is needed, so far under Conte we have started the season's slow and inconsistent, last season we got away with it but this time round we lost serious ground bar October. City will likely have another relentless start 

Tbf I don’t think we started the season particularly slow last year or in particularly this year. Inconsistent this season yes but we had injuries at the start of the season, hardly had the depth to deal with it, which doesn’t help coupled with a bad start against Burnley but if Man City hadnt won 16 on the bounce we’d be 5-7 points off them. The CL games against Roma doesn’t help. Also last year we had two big game losses in succession but other than that we still started decently enough.

City won’t start as well next year just like we didn’t start as well as we did when we won the title under Jose a few seasons back. Everyone is raving about Man City which they did about us last year when we were on that run. It’s just a pattern that seems to repeat itself every season. There’s no way this City team is the best team in PL history like some idiotic pundits and journalists are suggesting.

38 points from 18 games is not even that bad, I'd even go so far as to say that the team is still punching above their weight. Sure, there were inconsistent performances, but that's to be expected with a squad severely lacking talent. I couldn't imagine the shit show if Chelsea were 7th like Tottenham... Or one point above the relegation zone before Christmas...

We have done really well, some little slip ups but with them unbeaten, every slip up by others just gets highlighted even more their huge margin. The league is over, forget what silly arse pundits say, they won't be caught. From our point of view we have played good football I think, not only that but the emergence of Christensen a massive plus point and hopefully so strength to add come January

15 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

I can't believe that we are having this discussion about sacking Conte. Last season we were high praise and didin't want him gone ever. Club doesn't support him with right transfers coupled with poor results and we want him out. And this would be the case even if Pep were to take over( which he would never ever dream of). I mean at this rate we will never be able to attract good managers nor players.

We need a manager to rebuild and if I remember correctly we thought Conte was the man for that... I don't know why we are not giving him a chance to do that. I mean look what Pep did in his first season, he studied the squad and league and a season later look what he has done to City. I believe if we give Conte time and back him in the proper way he could get us closer to realizing our dream of having a good team.

But then again he hasn't really hidden the fact that he wants to go back to managing in Italy sometime, so shouldn't the time and patience of building a team be given to a manager who actually has committed to a long time future here?

2 hours ago, cfcs most wanted said:

But then again he hasn't really hidden the fact that he wants to go back to managing in Italy sometime, so shouldn't the time and patience of building a team be given to a manager who actually has committed to a long time future here?

That is probably because they want to keep their options open. Given how we sack managers after few loses I wouldn't quite hold that against him. Every manager would say they would love to return to one club or another if a questioned. Even Hazard said he would love to play for Madrid/ under Zidane.

Even Morata said he would love to go back to Madrid so what should we stop using him as our main striker?

The problem with the articles and journalists is how they quote it out of the context. I mean some of them just use it a click bait.

On 12/03/2017 at 1:38 PM, Henrique said:

Top clubs like United and PSG...what do you mean? So, if United and PSG want Player X, so we should also want Player X, even if United is a Europa League side, and PSG is embarrassing at top level?

Its also very easy to understand why I said your starting XI is not any better than the current one: all the players you mentioned are U23 players, and this is NOT what this squad needs at moment, introducing FOUR U23 players into the starting team, and we are actually talking about a team that produced 4 mediocre UCL performances in past 4 seasons and was eliminated twice in a row by a not so special PSG team. 

The team you just posted is more likely to emulate the UCL record of the past seasons than "grow into a true European elite for the next 5 years".

Just take a look at the biggest european clubs of past 5 years: Bayern, Barcelona and Real. They all have one thing in common: they went after (or kind of) estabilished stars in top european leagues (Bale, Modric, Suarez, Robben, Lewan, Vidal), in top NT sides (Neymar), or players who had a great performance in a top tournament (James Rodriguez). To other side, all the players you pointed are young players from mid tier european leagues. Perhaps they will be great additions, but definetely not the kind of players you want if you are thinking about getting into a UCL elite.

We need more Diego Costas and less Batshuayis.

Henrique, looking back, do you still think the team I posted up isn’t better than our current 11? 

Fuckin hate our revolving managers door and would hate to lose Conte. I really like the guy.But I'm worried about his relationship with Roman. Roman seem to like keeping managers on a tight lead.

But the only way I see Eden staying is if we take Zidane on and maybe he would fancy his chances with the managers in the top rank now. You can bet yer bottom $ that Roman has him on speed dial. But i wouldn't like to go back to a definite 4-2-3-1.

What i like is we are training the academy in the same formation as the 1st team. How can we expect to bring up lads that are used to playing in one position to ask him to play another. The development squad just beat Shitty the other day they're on a good run. The under 19s sailing thru the UEFA youth league (only losing to Roma) And the under 18s 6 points clear at top of thier league. Great they smashed them pikeys 7-0!

So we as usual got some great young players coming up and SEEMINGLY The Don isn't guvibg them an odd opportunity. Which at least with Ampadu is working out so far (I just touched wood =D )