The Conte Thread

Like I said this morning in the CFC-ManUtd topic, if he wants to win over the hearts of the Chelsea fans, especially after that horrendous performance against Arsenal and Liverpool, he has to do it now and he has (with the lads of course).

He is a gentleman. Fuck José for what he said to him he's just salty as he cannot stand losing and not like this 4-0.

Conte is class. Some idiots already wanted him out only to be replaced by Diego Simeone (I like Simeone aswell but that's ridiculous) but I know him as I also follow Juventus and loved him since he brought them back to what they are nowadays: a big European club and I have the feeling he can do that aswell with us.

Pep is pulling a Wenger the last 3 Citeh games, Wenger is back as they drew 0-0 against fucking Boro and Spurs fans are happy that they still haven't lost one single game but they drew against fucking Bournemouth. So happy we won today GRAZI CONTE!

If anyone else remembers in one of his first pressers (maybe his second if I'm nor mistaken) as Chelsea manager he talked about how the team is fitted for the 3-4-3.

I'm just curious why he didn't start the season with it. He just didn't want to make this change from the beginning? 

And tbh I don't think we tried during our pre-season games. 

4 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

If anyone else remembers in one of his first pressers (maybe his second if I'm nor mistaken) as Chelsea manager he talked about how the team is fitted for the 3-4-3.

I'm just curious why he didn't start the season with it. He just didn't want to make this change from the beginning? 

I suppose Conte didn't think he can play 3-4-3 with these defenders. Nobody really thought. Also, what I love about Conte is that he had ballz to change tactic, to drop Ivanovic, to play Moses, Alonso after that embarrassing Arsenal defeat. Conte didn't blame any individual players but he knew he must change something. And look what different tactics mean. Cahill looked terrible earlier and now he looks like a good defender. :D 

4 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Think it is because his preferred formation was always 4-2-4. This is how he started when he first got into the managerial role. Lots of people consider the three at the back formation to be somehow of a Conte trademark, but the truth is that he's changed to 3-5-2 at Juventus only because of the lack of quality wingers and the fact that he had three very good centre backs that he wanted to use all at the same time. It payed off in the end at Juventus and it pays off once again at Chelsea because this 3-4-3 seems to be tailor made for our team.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I tried to tell you fam. Conte coaches passing patterns, and always tries to position players so they have 2/3 passing options. Conte wants to exert his will over the opposition, by holding the ball and if having lost it, win the ball back quickly through actualy coordinated pressing movements. 

If Conte was given £150M like Pep and JM, or atleast just got Nainngolan & Koulibaly. We'd be in a much better space. But with The likes of Pedro, Matic, Cahill, Oscar Alonso, and even Moses who luckily for us has been balling so far (thank God), it's always going to be an uphill battle. 

Atleast the team are slowly mirroring Conte on the pitch, and taking well to his instructions.

yeah he fucked up big vs Arsenal/Liverpool but that was bound to happen as he tries to understand the League and our players strengths/weaknesses. But the calls to sack him or deem him unfit for the position were uncalled for, and baseless.

Long may the 3-4-3 lead to happy matchdays. 

I wish we go back for Nainngolan but I think that train has passed. The guy don't want to leave Roma. 

Koulibaly on the other hand yes, but it will cost too much money right now. Don't know if we will go back for him, but we shall see. 

One thing is for sure, if we keep it up and make top 4, which as of today we are, we will have much easier recruiting done next summer. Winning the PL of course will make it more easy but one step at a time. Finishing top 4 was the goal and so far we are there. 

The next objective for him is to keep the players down on earth. This 4-0 win on United is delicious but the lads need to stay focused. Qualification for the Champions League is priority number one imo. Stay in that Top 4. 

Next WHU for the EFL cup. They're on a poor run but still, that can change anytime. Play Bats, Chalobah etc. Terry and give Luiz/Dave/Cahill rest. Fabregas instead of N'Golo or Matic. 

Main focus is Southampton. Away game and Southampton is a very unpredictable opponent BUT the opponents you really need to beat if you want that Top 4 position. COME ON CHELSEA FORZA CONTE !

This is the Conte thread but I still wanted to share my reflections on José as I think (and hope) the 4-0 win on him finally puts the Mourinho-era to a well deserved end. 

I'm happy we've got rid of José for Conte as I think Mourinho is a finished manager. Don't get me wrong I always love José as he made us who we are today but his tactics, his mindgames, the way he behaves with his players...the whole José-ism is getting outdated.
And no I'm not saying this because we happen to have won the game against him with 4-0, as I was already saying this to a mate of mine 2 weeks ago. 

I mean come on the sole reason the Mancs took him is because he IS José Mourinho and he has some impressive stats and trophies behind his name. If he was José Mourinho who got sacked by Chelsea when he was standing 16th, van Gaal was still at Old Trafford in his last contract year. They genuinely believed they can achieve quick succes with him, and they still can but I don't see that happen. Hopefully. The Manchester United fans were screaming for José a year ago a few weeks after he was SACKED at Chelsea. Why do you want a manager who just got sacked for nearly having Chelsea in the relegation area?! 

If he doesn't get Top 4 he's a goner and this time for real. He won't be back in the PL for quite some time then. He's only at United because he is still living off past success. He has his name, nothing more. 

Oh and the whole thing in him telling Conte that Conte humiliated him for all the cheering is bullshit. That's Mourinho creating a smoke screen for the media to cover up the problems at Manchester United. 

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Think it is because his preferred formation was always 4-2-4. This is how he started when he first got into the managerial role. Lots of people consider the three at the back formation to be somehow of a Conte trademark, but the truth is that he's changed to 3-5-2 at Juventus only because of the lack of quality wingers and the fact that he had three very good centre backs that he wanted to use all at the same time. It payed off in the end at Juventus and it pays off once again at Chelsea because this 3-4-3 seems to be tailor made for our team.

I don't think the 4-2-4 is ever going to work, even if we get the players for it. Otherwise, we'll just get dominated and outplayed, especially in midfield. The players will have to work super hard, be tactically competent and extremely focused for 90 minutes in every game ala Atletico Madrid.

He needs to be backed in the next 2 windows.  He's done a good job relying on his national team experience and making do with what he's got and finding a way to get them to work.  We need a couple of upgrades and we need depth.  Willian or Pedro can probably cover for Moses, but then we need another body up front.  Only Alonso at LWB.  Another defender too.  Matic has been pretty good the past couple of matches, but his lack of offensive ability is on display.

I hope they back him with whatever he needs.

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

taking manolas caceres brozovic at january market session chelsea will fight for the PL this year..

Reports saying Roma only want to sell Rüdiger to us which us fine only if his knee injury doesn't stay to haunt him...

Italian media claim Mourinho said: "You don't celebrate like that at 4-0. You can do it at 1-0, otherwise it's humiliating for us."

But Conte insists he was simply trying to motivate a flat home crowd at Stamford Bridge that was quieter than the away support despite the scoreline.

"I was a football player, so I know how to behave on the pitch. I have great respect for everyone," Conte said.

Even though Antonio certainly didn't mean it, there is a wonderful dig at Mourinho, one could argue :D