Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

10 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Conte is 'inspiring' football with the 3-4-3. Already been copied a few times this season. Now Spurs.

Wheter it's food, fashion, cars, art, architecture or football, Italians don't know how to not set trends.

Doesn't make sense.  They've got the top defence (statistically) in the league.  Why change?

Some of our attacking moves were a little disjointed in the first few weeks after the switch.  It's obviously quite difficult to pick it up straight away. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

Doesn't make sense.  They've got the top defence (statistically) in the league.  Why change?

Some of our attacking moves were a little disjointed in the first few weeks after the switch.  It's obviously quite difficult to pick it up straight away. 

Because they want to be us, but can't be us :cig:

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

No Alli, Lamela and Sissoko so sacrifice one attacking player for a defensive player, which gives the fullbacks license to get forward and provide width? I don't know.

That's the thing with tactical changes. When it works, you're brilliant. When it doesn't, you're foolish.

Losing at the Emirates is always a strong possibility to be fair, regardless of your system.

1 minute ago, DYC. said:

No Alli, Lamela and Sissoko so sacrifice one attacking player for a defensive player, which gives the fullbacks license to get forward and provide width? I don't know.

That's the thing with tactical changes. When it works, you're brilliant. When it doesn't, you're foolish.

Losing at the Emirates is always a strong possibility to be fair, regardless of your system.

That's kind of the thing though.  It seems to be very difficult to pick up for an odd match here and there.  It needs to be drilled on the training pitch.  You'd be better off keeping it the same and filling in for missing players.  When you've only conceded 5 goals in the league, just keep it the same.  Now, need Spurs to score, draw is the best result for us.

• Like 2

Okay, Spurs and Arsenal.  You two can just kick lumps out of each other for the last 40 min, now.

Something dawned on me as Kane just put that penalty in.  None of our recent 16 goals have come from the spot.  I think that maybe 2-3 have come from corners.  But the rest are open play.  

Look at Spurs trying to play the 343.  CBs are standing with the ball at their feet, no one showing from midfield or WB to get the ball.  Both fullbacks, who received so much praise for their hard work last season, look shattered and they aren't even coming back to help build up play.  

• Like 1

Bah, I posted after the Hull game that I had very high hopes for the new system, and I'm absolutely loving what Conte's done with the team; I just wish I'd been able to catch more of these games live. We've been playing strategically/tactically/aesthetically sublime football for the last few weeks, and I've been missing a majority of it :P. ....And now an international break has come along at just the wrong moment. Hopefully we can keep this level of performance going for a while longer yet, although I would be surprised if we do. Nonetheless, the team's progress has been remarkable over the last month, and even if performance levels DO take a dip, the recovery seems to be occurring ahead of schedule. Superb work so far.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

When they played citeh they mirrored their 3-3-4 and amazingly they totally did shut them out so they came here obviously having trained and studied for us using it, and after a few minutes we all could tell that it just didn't work.

Ive not been a big studier of formations but which formation would be suited best AGAINST US.

I was thinking summet like 4-5-1 and try to over run our CMs but then we would still have a fluid back 5 to cover. So i dunno.

16 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

When they played citeh they mirrored their 3-3-4 and amazingly they totally did shut them out so they came here obviously having trained and studied for us using it, and after a few minutes we all could tell that it just didn't work.

Ive not been a big studier of formations but which formation would be suited best AGAINST US.

I was thinking summet like 4-5-1 and try to over run our CMs but then we would still have a fluid back 5 to cover. So i dunno.

They may have got a 1-1 at City but I wouldn't say they totally shut them out, the keeper saved two pens aswell as made what felt like 200 other saves, they got totally battered.

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They may have got a 1-1 at City but I wouldn't say they totally shut them out, the keeper saved two pens aswell as made what felt like 200 other saves, they got totally battered.

Funnily enough, Everton probably used up their luck quota at City. They could have easily lost that game by 4/5 goals.

19 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

This is one manager we don't want to sack for coming second or something

We can forget about any successful future if we sack Conte for coming second after the season we had last time out.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Jason said:

We can forget about any successful future if we sack Conte for coming second after the season we had last time out.

There's no way the board would be that stupid. His job will only be on the line, if top 4 isn't achieved.

8 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's no way the board would be that stupid. His job will only be on the line, if top 4 isn't achieved.

The board has been scaling new levels of stupidity. It'll be not be surprising if they were to do that.

• Like 1