The Conte Thread

@@xPetrCechx i think that one of the main problems with players nowadays is the time they waste on social media with rants, pics, etc instead of focusing more on training and playing football, its all talk and no work for a lot out there.

Just now, Johnnyeye said:

@@xPetrCechx i think that one of the main problems with players nowadays is the time they waste on social media, rants, pics, etc instead of focusing more on training and football, its all talk and no work for a lot out there.

yeah but a least players like JT trains all day... i have no problem if he wants to share it...

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Great that we made another waste of loan with Kenedy to Watford. 

Good way to stall progress of player who IMO did best of all our youngsters last season. 

i believe Kennedy would be great as a wing back in Conte´s system, for sure and add Traore to that, why we loaned them is beyond me.

7 minutes ago, Captain Ahmed said:

get ready to see a special future coach ,JT doing his  homework at home

zaabia.jpg

he will be a great manager one day, no doubt, i have high hopes for Lampard too, we´ll see, but one of these days i wouldn´t mind having Terry and Lampard on a coaching job here at Chelsea, Terry and Lampard knowledge would be great for the youngsters, defender and midfielder wise.

15 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

he will be a great manager one day, no doubt, i have high hopes for Lampard too, we´ll see, but one of these days i wouldn´t mind having Terry and Lampard on a coaching job here at Chelsea, Terry and Lampard knowledge would be great for the youngsters, defender and midfielder wise.

I always sign Lampard, Drogba, Cech as CFC youth trainers in Football Manager when I'm a few years forward in the game. JT always becomes my assistant as he goes into managing in FM16. 

Hope it happens in real life one day...would be epic. 

Oh, and Cole was my director of football. Did a much better job than Emenalo lol. 

Players you have had outstanding careers rarely make good managers especially when they manage the clubs they used to play for. We had John Hollins who inherited a team full of some great players and got us relegated Bobby Campbell taking over for the last few games but it was to late. Spurs have had Hoddle and Ardiles while the Leeds team of the 70's about half of them ended up managing them.The most successful managers in England going back to the 70's Revie, Shankly, Fergie, Mourinho, and Wenger all had very average or in some cases (Mourinho) no playing career at all. Even Brian Clough played all his career in the second division.

Look at the England teams of Italia 90 and Euro 96 loads of them have had managers jobs and every single one of them has been useless and I hate to say it but Zola hasn't been exactly a success either. My theory and it's only an opinion is the top players are playing so many games at club and international level and with all their media commitments and outside interests have no time to study the game. Any free time they get they spend on the golf course. So when they retire they get offered jobs because of who they are but are totally unprepared and end up out of their depth.

When Hoddle was our manager Tony Cascarino said that what drove Hoddle mad was he would ask on the training ground for the players to do certain things but they couldn't because Hoddle was so technically better then them. Can you imagine Drogba managing say Coventry and then having to watch a centre forward who's not fit to lace his boots it must be frustrating.

On 16/10/2016 at 10:22 AM, sir_volrath said:

Have you looked at Bayern post Pep? They look like a shadow of their former selves.

Before Pep, Bayer was adaptable, now they only know to play one way, which is Pep's. Ancelotti doesnt play tiki taka. 

It will take him some time to reshape the team again. Thats what I was talking about. Pep changed the whole culture at bayern as his legacy which was wrong because apart from Pep there wont be another coach at bayern who plays tiki taka with that spanish contingent. If Pep kept more neutral team with Kroos etc, it would be easier for Ancelloti (or any other manager) to implement their style. 

And when you talk about bayern in shadows. Its true. But Pep was no different back then. Lots of people hated new style, even the players. It takes time. And still, didnt Bayern got some record for winning start in buli this season?

It will be good match for Pep tonight, we will see how good or not city is right now.

47 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Players you have had outstanding careers rarely make good managers especially when they manage the clubs they used to play for. We had John Hollins who inherited a team full of some great players and got us relegated Bobby Campbell taking over for the last few games but it was to late. Spurs have had Hoddle and Ardiles while the Leeds team of the 70's about half of them ended up managing them.The most successful managers in England going back to the 70's Revie, Shankly, Fergie, Mourinho, and Wenger all had very average or in some cases (Mourinho) no playing career at all. Even Brian Clough played all his career in the second division.

Look at the England teams of Italia 90 and Euro 96 loads of them have had managers jobs and every single one of them has been useless and I hate to say it but Zola hasn't been exactly a success either. My theory and it's only an opinion is the top players are playing so many games at club and international level and with all their media commitments and outside interests have no time to study the game. Any free time they get they spend on the golf course. So when they retire they get offered jobs because of who they are but are totally unprepared and end up out of their depth.

When Hoddle was our manager Tony Cascarino said that what drove Hoddle mad was he would ask on the training ground for the players to do certain things but they couldn't because Hoddle was so technically better then them. Can you imagine Drogba managing say Coventry and then having to watch a centre forward who's not fit to lace his boots it must be frustrating.

You don't have to look far for an exception since Conte was a captain for Juventus, then went to manage them and look at his success. Same with Guardiola and the current Barca manager. 

I think that the players have to decide if they want to be managers early in their careers to become a good one. If they do that, learn and put in the work I'm sure any legendary player could become a great manager. We have a lot of examples of these just as you name those examples.

1 hour ago, Yeboii said:

You don't have to look far for an exception since Conte was a captain for Juventus, then went to manage them and look at his success. Same with Guardiola and the current Barca manager. 

I think that the players have to decide if they want to be managers early in their careers to become a good one. If they do that, learn and put in the work I'm sure any legendary player could become a great manager. We have a lot of examples of these just as you name those examples.

There's always exceptions of course but in the English game it's usually the case great player crap manager. Ex pro's are always complaining about no chances are given to English coaches and the reason is historically they have been piss poor. A mate of mine knows a Wycombe fan who told him as soon as Tony Adams became manager he told the youth team they were shit and would never make it and after completely undermining their confidence surprise surprise none of them did. Pep and Conte haven't been entrenched in the English game and are more forward thinking then the average ex Premier league player.

7 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I always sign Lampard, Drogba, Cech as CFC youth trainers in Football Manager when I'm a few years forward in the game. JT always becomes my assistant as he goes into managing in FM16. 

Hope it happens in real life one day...would be epic. 

Oh, and Cole was my director of football. Did a much better job than Emenalo lol. 

Yeah that would be great if it happened one day, i did that when i trained Chelsea :) if i remember correctly i think it was when i played FM 2012, after a few seasons i offered Terry, Lampard and Drogba coaching jobs and they all accepted, Lampard got the assistant job and Terry director of football i think and Drogba youth coach, it was great, we won so many titles at senior and youth level. Cech however wanted game time so i had to sell him, as i was using Courtois, can´t blame him really, but only outside of England, i never sold my best players or legends to rivals in the premier league, Cech would never join Arsenal if i was a coach that´s for sure ;)

I wonder what Conte is going to do about the Terry situation. Terry is our best centerback in terms of organization, positioning and awareness but I don't know if he fits in the back 3. 

If he plays on the left side of the 3 it could get ugly if Alonso is up the pitch and Terry has to come out to defend against a quick player. In fact this will happen a lot with this formation, that's why Conte always played quick centerbacks on either side of the 3 (Cheilini, Barzagli, Caceres) 

If we put Terry in the centre, we're removing a huge part of our creativity if we move luiz to the left side, because luiz will never get as much space and time on the left side to ping the passes and create chances as he'll get in the center. This will automatically take away part of our build up play and creativity. And the ball playing centreback in the middle is a huge part of Conte's system, that's why Bonucci always played in the middle. 

It'll be interesting to see how Conte navigates this.