Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread

Followers 4

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Moses is not going for African cup of nations, Nigeria didn't qualify. But we have even Willian who is defensive enough to play that role. 

I hear we are recalling Kenedy from his Watford loan. So he can easily slot into that wing-back role as a sub for Alonso. The Kenedy recall is the only reason why I realized we don't need to delve into the market in january. 

We still need cover for both areas for me, i heard Lichtsteiner hasn't played much with Juve so maybe get him on a short 18 month contract with Kenedy returning for the left to back up Moses and Alonso. Tbh i am not convinced atall by Kenedy but i guess the six month can be served as a trail.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Tbh i am not convinced atall by Kenedy but i guess the six month can be served as a trail.

Weren't you the one who insisted Kenedy can be great as a LWB? :carlo:

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Potentially as a left back if he develops correct i said which there is still a slight chance, but if i had to make a wager on how his career he will end up i would predict lower prem/upper championship.

Kenedy at his best will reach the heights Pedro did at Barcelona I think. Which is being a really, really solid, proper player, but never an absolute elite of his time. He's too all-rounded, good at too many things. A jack of all trades but a master of none. No 1 obvious strength, so no consistency will come in terms of his fruition, because he offers too much to be stuck in 1 role. I hope he becomes a forward and not a defender. 

21 minutes ago, Jason said:

Some might titter but I wouldn't mind giving Oscar a try at RWB/ Hes a nippy bugga, fit as a butchers dog, IMHO his best strength is top end defending. Cant think who else unless we use Kante and put Matic with Chalobah.g

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

We still need cover for both areas for me, i heard Lichtsteiner hasn't played much with Juve so maybe get him on a short 18 month contract with Kenedy returning for the left to back up Moses and Alonso. Tbh i am not convinced atall by Kenedy but i guess the six month can be served as a trail.

I'm willing to give Kenedy a chance, he's played leftback for us a couple of times before, so the wing-back position should be easier for him. He has recovery speed too. 

The reason I am cautious during the January transfer window, it's hard to find quality buys. I don't want us to buy average Joes, unless suddenly a quality leftback becomes available we should plan for the summer instead. 

Lippi's student. You need to watch this over and over again to understand where he is coming from. We may not play too well but I will never lose my faith in him or our team.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, iceboy said:

We came from behind and we won the match. we passed even this test. thank you Conte.

We also sent a message. We are the kings of this league no matter how hard they try to beat us.

What did Pochettino tell Conte during that second half exchange? If he did something similar to what Mourinho did a couple of weeks ago, he can go f*ck himself! :rant:

• Like 2

Few ex-players of our generations have gone on to be better coaches than Conte. I'll say Guardiola is one, Ancelotti is equal, but I can't see anyone else in the company of these 3. Saying that makes me thankful to have had 2 of them.

2 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Fact:The last time Tottenham won at Stamford Bridge Antonio Conte was a 20 year old midfielder playing for Lecce.

Cx88R7OXEAAwn89.jpg:large

I spit out my wine, amazing