The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Reports saying Roma only want to sell Rüdiger to us which us fine only if his knee injury doesn't stay to haunt him...

rudiger sucks..

manolas for 30-35 mil is more than possible..

in any case, with the great work of conte, cahill terry zouma luiz azpi ivanovic will have the best season of their life..you can bet on it.. 

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

rudiger sucks..

manolas for 30-35 mil is more than possible..

in any case, with the great work of conte, cahill terry zouma luiz azpi ivanovic will have the best season of their life..you can bet on it.. 

I see Rüdiger doesn't even play atm. Still injured? I don't follow Roma so but I know Rüdiger a bit but yes, Manolas would be the better option but I really doubt they would sell him in januari as Roma is currently standing second in the Serie A. They might have title hopes so I doubt they'll sell one of their best players.

I just saw the League table. If we only won the damned Swansea-A game if that referee wasn't f#cking blind we would've been top of the league now. But that's football right...

3 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

taking manolas caceres brozovic at january market session chelsea will fight for the PL this year..

Caceres is a free one if I'm not mistaken?

The guy I rememberd promised so much after his time in La Liga but never lived up to be the real deal. 

Manolas is not bad but I would love Radja from Roma but that seems like an impossible mission. 

I'm still trying to recover from that fail saga of Koulibaly....

2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I see Rüdiger doesn't even play atm. Still injured? I don't follow Roma so but I know Rüdiger a bit but yes, Manolas would be the better option but I really doubt they would sell him in januari as Roma is currently standing second in the Serie A. They might have title hopes so I doubt they'll sell one of their best players.

I just saw the League table. If we only won the damned Swansea-A game if that referee wasn't f#cking blind we would've been top of the league now. But that's football right...

i don't think that they can refuse 35 mil for a CB..even if he is one of their best players..

referees don't change a whole PL, chelsea players must continue to listen to conte, every single indication they will follow will take chelsea near to the first position..

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Caceres is a free one if I'm not mistaken?

The guy I rememberd promised so much after his time in La Liga but never lived up to be the real deal. 

Manolas is not bad but I would love Radja from Roma but that seems like an impossible mission. 

I'm still trying to recover from that fail saga of Koulibaly....

yes caceres is a free one..but he is still recovering from a bad injury..for january he could be an important addition..

radja is fans' benjamin, that's impossible to me too..

KK made a lot of mistakes in the last matches, as i said he made a very good season last year, but he is not a potential champion imho..conversely manolas 

under conte' teaching could become a very important player..

14 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

He needs to be backed in the next 2 windows.  He's done a good job relying on his national team experience and making do with what he's got and finding a way to get them to work.  We need a couple of upgrades and we need depth.  Willian or Pedro can probably cover for Moses, but then we need another body up front.  Only Alonso at LWB.  Another defender too.  Matic has been pretty good the past couple of matches, but his lack of offensive ability is on display.

I hope they back him with whatever he needs.

Moses or even Azpi (if you want to go more defensive) can be the RWB. Willian and Pedro are too small for RWB imo. Like yesterday, Moses had to rely on his physicality a lot, especially with Azpi being a small CB as well on the right side. I'd play Azpi as RWB if you want to go more defensive, with Zouma as RCB. No new players needed here.

For LWB, I'm confident Baba is good enough to help out next season onwards. No new players needed here.

I would like to get a more clinical RF to compete with Pedro and Willian. Griezmann would be a godsend there. James Rodriguez would be nice too. But regardless, we should try to find a left footer. Traore can also be used there when he's back from Ajax.

CM, we def need a B2B player to compete with Matic and Kante, this should be a priority along with another CB next summer window.

I think we definitely need competition/backup for Alonso(im a big fan of how he has played), Baba maybe but if Conte wants to bring someone in I support that. Maybe someone who can play both RWB and LWB like De Sciglio

Another attacker/striker who can contribute goals from the right would be nice, Griezz has long been my dream but might be unattainable. Auba from dortmund i think could be absolutely deadly with our team, SO much speed and clinical finisher but he would be a backup plan if Costa isnt happy. 

Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Cahill on the bench, could absolutely use another stud CB(preferably left footed)

A b2b as competition for Matic to keep him motivated also to have another option.

Conte has played ball and turned water into wine with our team (so far) Lets hope the board supports him fully in the market cause the Godfather is the real deal.

41 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I think we definitely need competition/backup for Alonso(im a big fan of how he has played), Baba maybe but if Conte wants to bring someone in I support that. Maybe someone who can play both RWB and LWB like De Sciglio

Another attacker/striker who can contribute goals from the right would be nice, Griezz has long been my dream but might be unattainable. Auba from dortmund i think could be absolutely deadly with our team, SO much speed and clinical finisher but he would be a backup plan if Costa isnt happy. 

Christensen, Luiz, Zouma, Cahill on the bench, could absolutely use another stud CB(preferably left footed)

A b2b as competition for Matic to keep him motivated also to have another option.

Conte has played ball and turned water into wine with our team (so far) Lets hope the board supports him fully in the market cause the Godfather is the real deal.

I think a goalscoring left-footer would be perfect for our 3-4-3. Dybala could be attainable if we get into champions League place good goalscorer and has long range shooting. Griezmann would be the perfect choice, but unfortunately the transfer ban on athletico will make it so hard. But if Simeone leaves athletico (his contract hasn't been renewed) we should pounce on Griezmann and automatically have one of the best attack in Europe

(Hazard-Costa-Griezmann)

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Mou makes mistakes he has been making for years and he doesn't learn from it. That's why I said his days as manager are starting to be numbered. United think they'll get quick succes with him but I sincerely doubt and hope that they won't. 

If he leaves United or gets sacked there, he will be gone for good. He feels he's too good for the Bundesliga or a return to Spain or Italy so. 

16 hours ago, akgw13 said:

totally agree..abramovic must satisfy his requests in the winter market session..

don't think we need to increase the number of players (cesc, oscar, chalobah,zouma, bat,pedro ???), we need to increase the quality in some roles (CB, RWB, LWB) imho..

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

totally agree..abramovic must satisfy his requests in the winter market session..

don't think we need to increase the number of players (cesc, oscar, chalobah,zouma, bat,pedro ???), we need to increase the quality in some roles (CB, RWB, LWB) imho..

Agreed winter and summer market 100%, Quality needs to be improved, i only mentioned what we need not who I think needs/will go so the numbers should be fairly even in and out. My early out list would be: Mikel, Ivanovic, Fabregas(I know he can be magic but its clear he doesnt fit contes idea, I still hope he can make a 352 with fab work but very doubtful), Oscar(i like oscar but i just dont think he has the physicality for central midfield under conte), Terry (in the summer, will go to a smaller league for a payout, if he wants to stay on as a player/coach id keep him) 

So if we hit our goal and get back in CL, we bring in 3-4 and get rid of at least 5 plus our youth it should help with quality depth/expanded roster for a busier game schedule. Youth for cup games, standard/rotated team in PL, Best XI for CL. With contes demanding style we should be able to rotate and keep everyone happy and playing.  

It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to. He plays that because he has to. If we get right players in summer, no way we will stick to this formation.

Some of fans are already imagining how would we buy some more players maybe for Willian replacement, or some new defenders, play Zouma/Christensen at back three, etc.

But are you seriously telling me that you think we will play 3-4-3 for good? In translation... You really think we will play with Moses/Alonso as wing-backs and three central defenders (if we ever get two decent CBs), with no creativity from middle whatsoever? That we will play with Azpi (our by far the best defender) as a CB who is average height, or ditch him because he is no wing-back material (too defensive)?

3-4-3 is good for now, but I don't think we can reach top team level with it.

And, in my opinion... That's why Mourinho never tried something like that - he wants all or nothing. Thing I really hate about him.

34 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to. He plays that because he has to. If we get right players in summer, no way we will stick to this formation.

Some of fans are already imagining how would we buy some more players maybe for Willian replacement, or some new defenders, play Zouma/Christensen at back three, etc.

But are you seriously telling me that you think we will play 3-4-3 for good? In translation... You really think we will play with Moses/Alonso as wing-backs and three central defenders (if we ever get two decent CBs), with no creativity from middle whatsoever? That we will play with Azpi (our by far the best defender) as a CB who is average height, or ditch him because he is no wing-back material (too defensive)?

And, in my opinion... That's why Mourinho never tried something like that - he wants all or nothing. Thing I really hate about him.

My thoughts aswell. If he gets all the players he wants he moves to 3-5-2 instantly.

25 minutes ago, El P. said:

I dont see any reason why it wouldn't work against anyone given the right upgrades in some positions. Even take it to 3-5-2 but its a fluid formation.All we can do is see how it plays out. I can't see it being the ONLY formation the Don uses. Its not written in stone. But if you cant see that its working right now and it fits some of the players we have then youre watching different games to me.

The best thing that happened to Conte joining us was we aren't in Europe. The breaks and less games gives him time to practice and really get to know rthe lads strengths/weaknesses. Its taken some games but hes finding a working TEAM. It upsets me that we cant use Cescy but I understand it. I would like to give Chalobah a few games beside Kante in this 3-4-3 I think he could give us some creativity. Maybe play him against the Pikeys. Will be intersting to see the selections.

I cant see Roman having any problems with the Don specially after Sunday but it wouldn't suprise me one bit IF hes had chats with Simeone. Try to bring him and Griezmann in a double. But I persoinally think he just might goto Mounure or North London if Vinegar tits doesn't get his 2 year extension.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

But if you cant see that its working right now and it fits some of the players we have then youre watching different games to me.

42 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's all looking great now, but... I don't think Conte plays 3-4-3 with this squad because he wants to.

I see it's working now, don't worry, I am really pleased with performances. But I noticed that great number of our fans are sure we will play 3-4-3 for good, which I don't think is a case.

We will play whatever formation suits our players, which is great. But we will buy/develop good defender(s), I'm sure. And we will probably buy creative midfielders. And then - bye bye 3-4-3.

Just saying - don't get your perception as we will build squad around 3-4-3/3-5-2 formation. People don't use that formations often for a reason.