The Conte Thread

13 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Hand on heart, this team will not finish top 4 this season. Far too many deficiencies and average players.

It would be interesting if indeed we finish once again outside of the top 4. Because I would like to see what the club would do. 

They already screw up this summer again knowing we was crap last season and doing much of nothing. 

Will they do the same next season?

8 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It would be interesting if indeed we finish once again outside of the top 4. Because I would like to see what the club would do. 

They already screw up this summer again knowing we was crap last season and doing much of nothing. 

I remember last season many people were saying they didn't want Europa League football. Funny thing is: Europa League could be our best bet to reach UCL next season.

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

Depends how we fail if we do.

If we fail showing encouraging signs that things will only get better the more Antonio has his signings, then he should stay even if we finish 8th.

If on the other hand we labour to 6th/7th with performances like Friday night for the majority of games for the rest of the season, then I think he will be sacked and I doubt anyone other than people desperate for managerial stability will be that bothered.

4 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I call bullshit. Media also read Ancelotti's biography and could speculate based on that. Just like they do with the huge war chest every transfer window.

It didn't work out against Pool, but overall i find the football quite good so far.

Wasn't the news that Abramovich is fed up with the hire and fire?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I have always believed Roman wants stability on the dugout like the fans do, were he differs from the average supporter however is he will only have it with the right man, whereas the average fan (not only Chelsea football in general) seem to be stuck in the mindset that we could give anyone right down to Ian Dowie time and they would turn into Fergie.

36 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I have always believed Roman wants stability on the dugout like the fans do, were he differs from the average supporter however is he will only have it with the right man, whereas the average fan (not only Chelsea football in general) seem to be stuck in the mindset that we could give anyone right down to Ian Dowie time and they would turn into Fergie.

Sure, but don't you think that in the past Abramovich valued things which today he wouldn't? Just take a look at the transfer targets, big European players such as Torres or Shevchenko aren't on top of the to do list anymore, so something is different and personally i believe that it somehow also applies to the managers. I know you see it differently, but despite the shocking football for a short amount of time, i don't think that in today's game Abramovich would pull the trigger on Ancelotti. I'd go even further and believe that it could have been something special. Chelsea backed Conte in the transfer market, but there were times, where it could have been more, for example Villas-Boas. Most of the former managers had very good C.Vs.

The thing with Fergie is, they had their ups and dows, but most of the crew always had his back. Ferguson came second or third three years in a row back in 2004-2006, some people thought that he had reached his expiry date, but guess what, he came out on top again. Afterwards they had a very good spell. But to do so, he needed trust and time.

Point is, in the past it was the case that you always had to win something, a bit real-esque. This time around, it could be different. Mourinho survived a spell in which he won nothing, maybe only Mourinho gets away with it, but i think times are different.

18 hours ago, iceboy said:

A source close to Roman Abramovich said: "He was not happy with Conte’s performance, but it’s very early." #CFC (Dailystar)

Abramovich is understood to be angered by the limp performance of the costly-assembled team on a night, he was in London (Dailystar) #CFC

Abramovich is also understood to have questioned why Conte waited until the 84th minute to make any substitutions. #CFC (Dailystar)

Conte is known to be unhappy himself that some of the players he targeted in the summer were not signed. #CFC (Dailystar)

Antonio Conte fears the current squad is not strong enough to challenge for the title. #CFC (Dailystar)

Not liking what he saw, Abramovich held lengthy meetings with board members in a bid to find best way forward under Conte. #CFC (Dailystar)

Exclusive: Antonio Conte already under pressure as Roman Abramovich holds club meeting. #CFC (Dailystar)

Roman Abramovich left the ground in the small hours of Saturday morning still digesting the loss to Liverpool. (Guardian) #CFC #LFC

roman-3-1.jpg

roman-3-2.jpg

roman-3-3.jpg

Conte should just change to a 3-5-2 and protect our defense. We cannot defend to save our lives. I said before that our defense holds this team back from attacking and will force Conte to change to cope with the shambles. Well it's come faster than I thought. 

Leicester don't even have to play well, just any attack is a goal or nearly a goal. 

Just now, kellzfresh said:

Conte should just change to a 3-5-2 and protect our defense. We cannot defend to save our lives. I said before that our defense holds this team back from attacking and will force Conte to change to cope with the shambles. Well it's come faster than I thought. 

Leicester don't even have to play well, just any attack is a goal or nearly a goal. 

Just bench Cahill when Zouma or Terry are fit to play

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Just bench Cahill when Zouma or Terry are fit to play

Hopefully that works. I just don't know anymore. 

But we create more chances under Conte compared to our last 3 seasons. It's so unfortunate he has to deal with a defence that concedes 2 a game. 

I am at the point where I do not give a single fuck about the result at the Emirates if it means THE CLUB moving forward. I'd rather lose with Alonso, Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cesc and Moses on the pitch, than get a fucking lucky draw with Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian, (after Arsenal misses monumental chances and we play shite) and everything goes back to normal.

Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian benched from now on. If they don't want to be benched then fucking hand a transfer request because no Chelsea fan is going to miss you.

Cahill benched, too, when Terry or Zouma is available. 

Matic? I'd bench him, too. Chalobah looks so composed and seems to be playing a simple, clean game, unlike Matic who needs 10 touches to keep hold of the ball and always gets himself into the most stupid situations.

At this point I regret so much that the club let Cuadrado on loan so easy. Right now he'd have been perfect on the right.

1b29195dee.jpg

Time for Conte to show his worth. Not only that, but this is a matter of taking THE CLUB forward. Think I will lose it if Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian are back and Cesc benched again.

Conte so far

West Ham - not as good a display as I thought at the time in hindsight given how bad WHU have been since but I did like the pressing and attacking patterns at times.

Watford - awful display but Conte still won it for us with his subs.

Bristol Rover's - didn't see it 

Burnley - dominant from start to finish.

Swansea - dominant display ruined by two minutes of madness.

Liverpool - Rubbish, Conte got it all wrong and lost us game.

Leicester - awful first half, fantastic second And ET.

Considering what he inherited that isn't too bad a rapsheet so far, I said I'll even give him a pass for not finishing top four if he gives me enough encouraging signs for the coming year(s) and so far he has.

33 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I want to see what he will do if Terry is fit for the weekend. 

Because David luiz is far better then cahill but it will be a shame if he goes back to the same back 4.

Going back to Ivanovic as RB is a good reason to sack him.