The Conte Thread

5 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Going back to Ivanovic as RB is a good reason to sack him.

Ivanovic should be moved to cb, as I think he might be better then cahill. 

For RB without a doubt the worst option out there. But he was originally a cb, so maybe he can do a job there. 

14 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Ivanovic should be moved to cb, as I think he might be better then cahill. 

For RB without a doubt the worst option out there. But he was originally a cb, so maybe he can do a job there. 

Ivanovic was an average CB even in his prime, he is a formerly great RB who is now past it.

Come on Antonio, time to show some serious balls and drop that lanky Serbian RB once and for all. I can't believe it has taken this long. He was out of his depth in 2013/14 and yet somehow has still started every league game for us this season.

Ivan has to be dropped surely 

Cesc deserves to play! This is a guy performing when he gets his chance he's so far ahead of Matic in ability. I get the idea of Kante and Matic in midfield but neither offer much going forward. Cesc can unlock a defense, they can't. Kante is good at winning the ball and keeping it moving and Matic is just a big lump IMO. 

No more of this RB playing at LB bullshit. 

Cahill still needs to be dropped for either Terry or Zouma. He's terrible at defending even though that's his role 

2 hours ago, Alan Partridge said:

Ivan has to be dropped surely 

Cesc deserves to play! This is a guy performing when he gets his chance he's so far ahead of Matic in ability. I get the idea of Kante and Matic in midfield but neither offer much going forward. Cesc can unlock a defense, they can't. Kante is good at winning the ball and keeping it moving and Matic is just a big lump IMO. 

No more of this RB playing at LB bullshit. 

Cahill still needs to be dropped for either Terry or Zouma. He's terrible at defending even though that's his role 

Big week ahead for Conte in terms of decisions. Time to show he is the boss in the changing room.

Terry's influence at Chelsea is enormous. Although slow, I think keeping him in the starting line-up would give Conte no headache. As long as Terry is in the team, there is no chance for a changing room revolt against Conte. Although big figures in the changing room, too, Ivanovic and Cahill don't have the same influence as Terry in terms of turning the squad against Conte if they don't play. So as long as he keeps Terry as his ally, there is no worries for Conte.

Things would change drastically should Conte think of dropping Terry, too. And this would not be indicated at this point. Should stick to JT and make him his closest friend at Chelsea.

Terry has the power to protect Conte no matter who is playing or not. As long as JT is in the team.

Azpilicueta - Terry, David Luiz - Marcos Alonso, with Zouma the 1st option for when JT or David Luiz is not available.

Slowly but surely the likes of Ivanovic, Cahill, Oscar (Willian, Matic, too) must be removed from the squad before the start of next season.

54 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Terry's influence at Chelsea is enormous. Although slow, I think keeping him in the starting line-up would give Conte no headache. As long as Terry is in the team, there is no chance for a changing room revolt against Conte. Although big figures in the changing room, too, Ivanovic and Cahill don't have the same influence as Terry in terms of turning the squad against Conte if they don't play. So as long as he keeps Terry as his ally, there is no worries for Conte.

Things would change drastically should Conte think of dropping Terry, too. And this would not be indicated at this point. Should stick to JT and make him his closest friend at Chelsea.

Terry has the power to protect Conte no matter who is playing or not. As long as JT is in the team.

Where does this information come from? Or is this an opinion?

11 minutes ago, manpe said:

Where does this information come from? Or is this an opinion?

My opinion only. Hard for me (and anyone probably) to think that everything with be honey and milk at the club should Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic be benched at the same time and they'd all be fine with it.

You probably know that when a group of people pick on you on the street, you should aim for the group's leader and show him no fear. That's when others start panicking even though they outnumber you.

JT is Chelsea's leader and Conte should keep him close to him. Explain him why Ivanovic and Cahill are of no use and he will understand.

But then again, my opinion only.

It's clear he is showing some kind of tactical ideas, coaching and decision making. The use of Matic and Kante in midfield together is good in theory, but it is obvious no matter what, with this defense, we will always have to use the attack as our defence (well, let's see how Zouma is after his injury). Conte has the kind of mindset that will make us great in time, again something that has probably been said so much, and after last season I am  hoping for at least top six (ambitious?). His subs have won us games already, players are playing for him and he is offering to play Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, and Moses chances so hopefully there will be a rotation that will allow fitness to not be an issue.

Let him see what the problems are, and to resolve it with what he feels is best. His track record shows he knows what he is doing, and what happens when he is allowed to do it. No point of shooting off the gun again, or otherwise we will face the same old stuff again - which with the likes of Pep's Man City, wouldn't be the best time to restart everything.

8 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

JT is Chelsea's leader and Conte should keep him close to him. Explain him why Ivanovic and Cahill are of no use and he will understand.

Thing about Terry is and I think he said this post-Rafa or even during Rafa's reign. He's okay with being out the team, provided that the people replacing him are justified in their selection* and that season you could argue strongly he had a point when watching a young Luiz and Cahill ahead of him looking shaky as ever. Fast-forward a season and you argue he was right in his 'annoyance' lets say.. 

Whether he's more accepting if, say, Zouma and Luiz eventually became our CB pairing is another issue entirely. The fact is, until we sign a world-class centre back, I see scarce reasons why Terry shouldn't be there. He's still, positionally, one of the best around. It's amazing that he's still in the team, but that speaks volumes about our poor recruitment and the fitness levels of Terry in spite of this.

On 21 September 2016 at 10:39 AM, petre.ispirescu said:

Big week ahead for Conte in terms of decisions. Time to show he is the boss in the changing room.

Azpilicueta - Terry, David Luiz - Marcos Alonso, with Zouma the 1st option for when JT or David Luiz is not available.

Slowly but surely the likes of Ivanovic, Cahill, Oscar (Willian, Matic, too) must be removed from the squad before the start of next season.

Do any of us really know how much of a leader John is within this current group?

It always seemed to be the case that while he was recognised as the top man, the leadership role through the trophy winning years was really a group effort which also involved Didier, Frank and Petr. They supported and reinforced each other.

My guess is that, in the current squad, the strong characters are John, Diego, Cesc and David Luiz. Whether they are as tight a group as the previous quartet I somehow doubt. That would mean there is more than one power centre and maybe John's leadership is not unchallenged.

Guesswork I know, but from the outside guesswork is pretty much all we've got. 

On 20/09/2016 at 11:08 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

I am at the point where I do not give a single fuck about the result at the Emirates if it means THE CLUB moving forward. I'd rather lose with Alonso, Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cesc and Moses on the pitch, than get a fucking lucky draw with Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian, (after Arsenal misses monumental chances and we play shite) and everything goes back to normal.

Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian benched from now on. If they don't want to be benched then fucking hand a transfer request because no Chelsea fan is going to miss you.

Cahill benched, too, when Terry or Zouma is available. 

Matic? I'd bench him, too. Chalobah looks so composed and seems to be playing a simple, clean game, unlike Matic who needs 10 touches to keep hold of the ball and always gets himself into the most stupid situations.

At this point I regret so much that the club let Cuadrado on loan so easy. Right now he'd have been perfect on the right.

1b29195dee.jpg

Time for Conte to show his worth. Not only that, but this is a matter of taking THE CLUB forward. Think I will lose it if Ivanovic, Oscar and Willian are back and Cesc benched again.

Thats the side I'd pick too. I think Luiz-Happy will be a good partnership. Happy is strong'fast'tall and Luiz is good on the ball and has made some great passes.

I'm liking the Don nut he has made some decisions I just cant get my head around,

Matic-Oscar with Cescy just dont work It needs Chalobah-N'Golo with Cescy.

Cahill-Bane-JT are long long past their sell by date.Hes finally sat Mikel on the bench so I just pray that the powers that be are searching for replacements if they do insist on loaning out our good young needed defenders.

I'd also put Willian on the bench as hes not shown half of what he was last season. MAYBE he got POTY because of how average the other lads were? I do like the lad but his running around gets us nowhere.

And I wish he would make subs before 75 mins

The only thing Im realy dissapointed is that we look incredibly shit under pressure. Doesnt matter against which side. Derby County or City. 

The players start to panic, hoof the ball, pass back, all the way to GK, make stupid mistakes. Then there is the movement and passing vision that is rubbish when we get pressed. 

I would get the idea that our players were used to control the game and all of sudden, opponents decided to riot and march against us. As if our players faced that for the first time. But its not that, we always played the same style which was defending for more or less majority of time and let opponentc press us.

So maybe the players are simply shit in this aspect, mentaly and technicaly. 

I hope Conte fixes that. Gives more composure and control to our play. And make earlier subs. That would be great start.